Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brashears greatest play

Started by soso, June 01, 2005, 02:01:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

soso

Reading the old QB thread below got me thinking about a spring game when Brashears was about to take the starting job from an upper classman.  He dropped back then back peddeled to avoid pressure up the middle.While on his back foot and getting smacked threw a  30-40 yrd stike to the receiver splitting the safeties on a line. Unfortunately he was knocked out on the play and never played another signifcant down. He showed up the next season out of shape unmotivated and quit the first week. I still remember that play  and we have not had another QB on our campus who could have made that throw since Joe Ferguson.   

Buck Ocean

QuoteReading the old QB thread below got me thinking about a spring game when Brashears was about to take the starting job from an upper classman.  He dropped back then back peddeled to avoid pressure up the middle.While on his back foot and getting smacked threw a  30-40 yrd stike to the receiver splitting the safeties on a line. Unfortunately he was knocked out on the play and never played another signifcant down. He showed up the next season out of shape unmotivated and quit the first week. I still remember that play  and we have not had another QB on our campus who could have made that throw since Joe Ferguson

May be true........but I've got his fingerprints on a beer can.
Think like a Jedi

rricha

soso

Quote from: rricha on June 01, 2005, 08:07:08 pm
remember brad taylor

I'm not sure he could have avoided the rush but I agree he could have made the throw. I remember in the gator bowl when in a thick fog he threw a ball so high it disappeared off the tv screen then was caught for a big gain.

mikeirwin

Quote from: rricha on June 01, 2005, 08:07:08 pm
remember brad taylor
You can't even compare those two. Taylor won some big games for the Hogs. Brashears did what ?  Oh yea, he slipped through the back fence and dissappeared in the middle of a workout never to return.

Amityvillehogger

Mike.....Getting rid of some anger there?  very true though
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Lando Calrissian

Brashears was mildly-heralded, wasn't he?

Talk about a 100% bust.

Just goes to show you can't put all of your stock in what some guys that run a recruiting website have to say.  They might be totally right sometimes...and most of the time they could be dead wrong.

Bottom-line is until a guy shows he can perform in a REAL game (positively or negatively), all of this "rating" and "ranking" of recruits, to me, is total crap.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

rricha

LITTLE MIKEY I WAS NOT PUTTING BT DOWN I WAS TELLING EVERYONE THAT BT  COULD HAVE MADE THAT THROW.  BT HAD A CANNON OF AN ARM RE MEMEBER HE ALSO RAN THE WISHBONE FOR COACH HATFIELD AS LO.

Hawgdawgrain

Joe Ferguson coulda made that throw...

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: Hawgdawgrain on June 02, 2005, 08:55:53 am

Did you read the original post???

Quote from: soso on June 01, 2005, 02:01:33 pmI still remember that play and we have not had another QB on our campus who could have made that throw since Joe Ferguson.

Swino

Geez, talking about Brashears greatest play is kinda like talking about Flock of Seagulls greatest Hit, not a lot to choose from. 

My favorite play was when he showed up for 2 a days with shaggy hair and a tatoo of a big mushroom on his shoulder and couldn't run the 40 without taking a smoke break 20 yards in.

Buck Ocean

QuoteMy favorite play was when he showed up for 2 a days with shaggy hair and a tatoo of a big mushroom on his shoulder and couldn't run the 40 without taking a smoke break 20 yards in.

KUDOS!!!
Think like a Jedi

Hawgdawgrain

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on June 02, 2005, 10:28:50 am
Quote from: Hawgdawgrain on June 02, 2005, 08:55:53 am

Did you read the original post???

Quote from: soso on June 01, 2005, 02:01:33 pmI still remember that play and we have not had another QB on our campus who could have made that throw since Joe Ferguson.

Yikes! Got caught up in the drama...

Still Joe is the man...

I never saw Gary throw a ball...he shouldn't be compared to anyone who's played for the Hogs...

Flatfoot

Gary's best play was going to the Waffle House to see his 50 year old girlfriend at the time, having a smoke, and ordering some hashbrowns, smothered, covered, and chunked. 
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Swino on June 02, 2005, 10:55:45 am

My favorite play was when he showed up for 2 a days with shaggy hair and a tatoo of a big mushroom on his shoulder and couldn't run the 40 without taking a smoke break 20 yards in.
I remember that day. It was the first time a Razorback QB had ever failed the preseason conditioning test. One of the sportswriters said, 'The only way this is acceptable is if every other starter also fails the test."
I got a close up look at that tatoo. It was a tattoo of a dagger. He was also sporting an Afro that would have put Dr. J to shame in his ABA days.
Joe Ferguson had a few choice words about all of that. He said on camera, "There are kids his age out fighting for their country. He's old enough to grow up and be a man."
Nutt was not happy with Joe's remarks and Gary when he found out about what Joe had said decided to take a hike.

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: mikeirwin on June 02, 2005, 01:02:04 pm
Quote from: Swino on June 02, 2005, 10:55:45 am

I remember that day. It was the first time a Razorback QB had ever failed the preseason conditioning test. One of the sportswriters said, 'The only way this is acceptable is if every other starter also fails the test."
I got a close up look at that tatoo. It was a tattoo of a dagger. He was also sporting an Afro that would have put Dr. J to shame in his ABA days.
Joe Ferguson had a few choice words about all of that. He said on camera, "There are kids his age out fighting for their country. He's old enough to grow up and be a man."
Nutt was not happy with Joe's remarks and Gary when he found out about what Joe had said decided to take a hike.

Well, guys, I can't resist.   The key part of that entire post is "Nutt was not happy with Joe's remark."   In other words, Nutt didn't like Ferguson telling it like it is.  The kid came back acting like a complete idiot, and his position coach called him on it.  The head coach didn't like it....probably afraid he'd hurt the kids feelings.   There in lies the problem with Razorback football in a nutshell.

Bomis Hawg

Wasn't this the same preseason Gary Hobbs couldn't do the condition test either, then he walked out?  Or, am I thinkig of someone else.

HornetHog

Quote from: rricha on June 02, 2005, 08:03:01 am
LITTLE MIKEY I WAS NOT PUTTING BT DOWN I WAS TELLING EVERYONE THAT BT COULD HAVE MADE THAT THROW. BT HAD A CANNON OF AN ARM RE MEMEBER HE ALSO RAN THE WISHBONE FOR COACH HATFIELD AS LO.

You're all idiots if  you think Brad Taylor couldn't make that throw......at 70 yards ..his ball would whistle.  Doughnut, they have no idea the cannon he had.  Joe F could've as well.
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

Flatfoot

My neighbor was Steve Korte and he said that when BT threw the ball it did indeed whistle past his ear hole.  Korte said that several running backs and recievers dislocated fingers trying to catch some of Taylor's passes.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Hawgdawgrain

So much for arm strength = NFL Career

What happened to Brad?

snoutface

Quote from: Hawgdawgrain on June 04, 2005, 02:37:31 pm
So much for arm strength = NFL Career

What happened to Brad?
He's back home living the good life in beautiful Yell County AR.  The thing about Brad and his cannon was he had it from birth.  I occupied space on the same field with Brad in HS- one time  in jr high I missed a pass and he knocked my helmet off.  I don't think I've ever fully recovered.
Sometimes it's better for me to be quiet and let everybody believe I'm dumb as dirt, than to speak up and prove it.

rricha