Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

L.T. Walker is going to pick Louisville

Started by Jim Harris, January 24, 2006, 02:24:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

HogPsych

How about Damien, ask your source about him???

Jim Harris

Quote from: HogPsych on January 24, 2006, 02:53:06 pm

torn between believing Urban's BS about the number of receivers they've recruited and Nutt's BS over the offense. Still must be convinced Nutt won't interfere with Gus and Wood. It's hanging in the balance.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

HogsFan66

Wow...thats great info....more than I have heard since the whole DW saga started. I see his specific concerns now and understand his situation. I think if I was him I would have to stick with Gus. I know that Gus may be in the dark about getting to call all the plays, but I don't think Gus has ever lied  to DW before. UM will proabably say about anything to ge DW there. Even if he honors some committment abou the number of WR's this year.....what about all the 5-star WR's he will recruit ing the next couple years, not to mention what they already have on campuss.

Stick with Gus DW!!! Urban is a snake in the grass!

LRCentralTiger

January 24, 2006, 07:09:26 pm #4 Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 07:12:16 pm by LRCentralTiger
Quote from: The Secret Visitor on January 24, 2006, 03:06:04 pm

torn between believing Urban's BS about the number of receivers they've recruited and Nutt's BS over the offense. Still must be convinced Nutt won't interfere with Gus and Wood. It's hanging in the balance.
Hey Secret Visitor - your source must be Drive Time Sports.  Exact same thing Rick said around 5:30 PM.  If Tennessee roles out the orange carpet for Walker this weekend look for a commitment while he is there.  His dad says his commitment will come next Tuesday.  One day before signing.  Look for Tennessee to try to seal the deal.  He could be a silent since Tennessee has been on him since last year.  They have stuck with him.  One thing about LT is he does change his mind after every visit so things look better for the Vols.  Too bad we are missing this one.   :razorback:

HawgWild

Why are we missing out on LT? I can't understand that if he's good enough to be a vol, then why isn't he good enough to be a HOG? Does he have issues with his attitude, weight problems, academic issues? Please enlighten me.

footballfan

Don't worry.  Arkansas is not "missing" this one.  Louisville will be great for LT.  For about the fourth time, he will not be playing for Tennessee next year.  Right now it's Louisville, but Memphis could steal him away at the last second.

footballfan

HawgWild,  Your second question in your post above holds the answer.  Wish I could say more, but I can't.  It looks like Louisville, but could be Memphis in the end.

obie1canobie

Jim Harris

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on January 24, 2006, 07:09:26 pm

Hey Secret Visitor - your source must be Drive Time Sports. Exact same thing Rick said around 5:30 PM. If Tennessee roles out the orange carpet for Walker this weekend look for a commitment while he is there. His dad says his commitment will come next Tuesday. One day before signing. Look for Tennessee to try to seal the deal. He could be a silent since Tennessee has been on him since last year. They have stuck with him. One thing about LT is he does change his mind after every visit so things look better for the Vols. Too bad we are missing this one. :razorback:

I think rather that I'm the source for Drive Time Sports there, LRCentralTiger fan. I posted at 2:30 p.m.. Rick Schaeffer said it at 5:30 p.m. ;D

My source on this is the kid himself. As of this moment, it's Louisville. It doesn't matter, he's kind of a Baby Huey who's going to have to find a level of agression he's never even dreamed of. Maybe he will and do the state proud, at Louisville or wherever he goes.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: The Secret Visitor on January 25, 2006, 10:36:20 am

Hey Secret Visitor - your source must be Drive Time Sports. Exact same thing Rick said around 5:30 PM. If Tennessee roles out the orange carpet for Walker this weekend look for a commitment while he is there. His dad says his commitment will come next Tuesday. One day before signing. Look for Tennessee to try to seal the deal. He could be a silent since Tennessee has been on him since last year. They have stuck with him. One thing about LT is he does change his mind after every visit so things look better for the Vols. Too bad we are missing this one. :razorback:

I think rather that I'm the source for Drive Time Sports there, LRCentralTiger fan. I posted at 2:30 p.m.. Rick Schaeffer said it at 5:30 p.m. ;D

My source on this is the kid himself. As of this moment, it's Louisville. It doesn't matter, he's kind of a Baby Huey who's going to have to find a level of agression he's never even dreamed of. Maybe he will and do the state proud, at Louisville or wherever he goes.
Sorry.  I guess Rick talked to you because it was almost the exact same phrase.

Jim Harris

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on January 25, 2006, 10:54:03 am
Quote from: The Secret Visitor on January 25, 2006, 10:36:20 am

Sorry. I guess Rick talked to you because it was almost the exact same phrase.

no, what I mean is, Rick and Randy read it on this board after it was posted at 2:30 and repeated it on their show. They read this board, you know.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Reverend of the Children of Otis on January 24, 2006, 02:24:56 pm
that's what I'm getting from my source.
You may be right.  Sounds like he could announce as early as tomorrow (Friday).

footballfan

That's some interesting information that has never been released before!  do you have a good source?

footballfan

It is actually a bunch of crap.  Hope Hogville readers don't buy into this story cause about 90% of this story about LT is made up.

footballfan

The jest of the article is correct - hope I didn't seem too harsh.  A little fine tuning might be in order, but won't really change the outcome . My sources have about the same end result.  Coach Herring wasn't real thrilled with what he saw of him on film, and things just sort of fell off from there.

footballfan

The Hogs, the Indians, and the Memphis Tigers one too!!! :)

Biggus Piggus

Walker comes from a place where people aren't used to working year round in high school.  Herring can make his decision for whatever reason he uses.  Walker can got to college and need a little more work in his redshirt season.  He can still go be a fine player.  Look at what all that great weightroom work did for Cord Gray last season.  Was he ready to play?  Nope.  Maybe it will help him play next season.

Louisville had a fantastic defensive line last season.  It would be an honor to sign with them.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

I thought I saw him get a few snaps turning him into a phantom redshirt candidate.
[CENSORED]!

CorningHog

Not to add anything too meaningful but the story about LT is somewhat between what footballfan allowed to be told, since he can not just come right out with it, and what Rudy posted.

The accuracy to why Herring decided to withdraw any real consideration probably had a lot more to do with how the "motor" runs and not whether it has the capability.  If I were a college coach and recruited kids, I would not always go for the best looking athletes that are 6'5" and 300 or have the huge frames.  Yes, LT looks like a true "blue chip" and runs very well.  I saw that in the game last year, his junior year, when I attended two of Wynne's games.

The final straw seemed to be the missing of the camp.  I posted this, that Coach Campbell told me that LT had been up during All-Star week and had hung out with some of the players, probably Cord and was giving the "signs" that he was interested in Arkansas.  At this time he was getting a lot of publicity.  I think at one point was considered a top 2 recruit in Arkansas and had USC's (Trojans) offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin coming in to look at him.  Coach told me that during this period he had thought LT was going to go to the Senior's camp and be evaluated in person by Herring.

This would have at least shown Herring what he may be dealing with in the years to come.  And I would imagine that Herring won't tolerate mediocre effort or laziness.  He wants "workers".  Full throttle effort with a vengeance on each play.  I don't know the Herring conversation with Coach Campbell, he never told me that.  He did say that he offered to give a ride over or bring LT over to Fayetteville because he was left with no way to get there.  As the week wore on, and this with Coach Campbell holding an invitation to go see a coaching friend and attend a party in Hot Springs for a retired coach.  Coach was going to decline the party and take LT to Fayetteville but wanted to know for sure if LT really wanted to go.  I think Coach sensed that LT was lukewarm at best in wanting to go to Arkansas much less put forth the effort to attend the workouts at the Seniors camp.

LT finally said no soon enough that Coach called and let the Razorback coaches know he would not be coming.  Coach Campbell never had to worry about all the college coaches beating down his door at Corning! hahaha, but he has had to learn on the fly since back when DeAngelo, Arrion, Antonio, and many others have garnered such interest from Arkansas and other college teams.  I think with my old Coach, you just need to treat everyone with honesty and respect and not fool around with someone's time if you truly aren't interested.  Coach is a simple man with lots of integrity and honesty!

If you mess with him too much he may let loose with one of those famous;  "Durn your hide"! comments like my old playing days!

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

footballfan

January 27, 2006, 10:50:42 am #20 Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 11:11:08 am by footballfan
Thanks Corninghog!  The conversation you mentioned would have had to have actually taken place between the two of them for you to know about it.  That is why you (and I) don't know about it!  Wish I could put the whole story out, but  Rudy, Corninghog, and others all know basically what happened. We're just talking technicalities or variations on the same story.  It doesn't really matter anyway.  Looks like LT was prolly never going to Arkansas, and looks like it's Louisville, Memphis, or Ole Miss at this point.  If I had to guess, I'd say Louisville. 

CorningHog

Thank you Footballfan!

I agree, it is sometimes dangerous to try and put a story together when you may not have been sitting together with the person whom the subject is about.  It is also very difficult to predict how a student/athlete will fare as either a student or athlete in college.  These coaches have a very tough job.  To know what lies beneath the skin and "size" of the heart of some of these young men to play a game that will become much, much tougher on Saturdays than it was on Friday nights.

It is somewhat of a gamble on probably 60 percent of these kids, for ALL programs in some ways.  A lot of kids never see the field and it does not matter what their predicted "star" rating is.  College itself is tough enough without adding major college football to the mix.  I am a testament to that and I had no reason to have any real problems with attending class or making the grades.  Outside influences and just the nature of how things play out for these kids, family life, social life in college, study habits and actual determination in making the grades and learning.  There are enough pitfalls outside of the practice field to eliminate a lot of these great athletes, much less the average to slightly above average.  Add in the practice schedules, going against athletes that are more mature physically and emotionally in most cases, plus the head start any athlete has in going against a player the same size, strength and skill every day in practice versus a high school kid who might have enjoyed having a big leg up on his competition. 

LT hopefully will not only make it on the playing field but realize how much it means to have his college education paid for.  It is BIG!  Probably in the range of $100,000 in a lot of cases.  That is $100K that most parents can't afford and also it is a burden that a lot of students who have taken out tons of student loans would like the luxury of having.  However, there will be a lot of blood, sweat and tears for any college athlete that gains the "free ride" and it is anything but a free ride.  I pray that LT gets in whatever school he chooses and becomes active in that college's outreach programs and attends a church regularly, gets real grounded in his surroundings and doesn't fall prey to all the "leeches" that can suck the life or dream he has away from him.  He will be a "star" on campus any where he goes, the girls will come calling, the media, the fans, all the things that give some kids a false sense of reality can destroy it for them if they are not careful.  I hope to read in 4 years that LT survived the social pressures he will get and that he kept his nose clean, hit the books hard, enjoyed college and gets that degree and along the way he becomes one heck of a football player that someday makes it in the NFL.  IF not, I hope he gets that degree to fall back on and learns the lessons of life and what it is really about!

Good luck to LT Walker and I hope you make your parents, your family and the people of Wynne, AR very proud!

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

Cajun Hog

Quote from: footballfan on January 24, 2006, 07:25:46 pm
Don't worry. Arkansas is not "missing" this one. Louisville will be great for LT. For about the fourth time, he will not be playing for Tennessee next year. Right now it's Louisville, but Memphis could steal him away at the last second.

Your are 100 % correct and hope he has a good five years at either school.  He's just not a good fit with our defense at this time.

footballfan

LT will get his pick of several colleges (with everything paid for), and that is something not too many get to experience.  CorningHog is right - college can run $10,000-$20,000 a year for everything X 4-5 years = $40,000-$100,000!  To be able to  have choices of colleges to attend is a blessing.  Wherever he decides to go, if LT will work hard in the classroom and on the field, he will be successful in his college career and in life.  He is a good kid, and we all need to wish him the best.  Can't wait 'til he announces!

LRCentralTiger

D-macs cuz

I heard that he was wanting to go to USC before anything and louisville was his safety.  Ark was never in the picture.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: D-macs cuz on January 27, 2006, 03:14:43 pm
I heard that he was wanting to go to USC before anything and louisville was his safety. Ark was never in the picture.

Did you happen to read the rest of the thread?
[CENSORED]!

Jim Harris

Biggus Piggus

Wait, Otis says he breaks 99% of the recruiting news.  Now he's got to run off 99 more before his next booboo.  Now you've done it.
[CENSORED]!

Jim Harris

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 27, 2006, 03:19:41 pm
Wait, Otis says he breaks 99% of the recruiting news. Now he's got to run off 99 more before his next booboo. Now you've done it.

the last time I told him Hogville had something first and didn't steal it from his board, I got an earful. Ear's still ringing.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on January 26, 2006, 06:18:06 am
Quote from: Reverend of the Children of Otis on January 24, 2006, 02:24:56 pm
that's what I'm getting from my source.
You may be right. Sounds like he could announce as early as tomorrow (Friday).
You predicted that he would be a Cardinal.  I knew the day.