Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SMU playing tonight on ESPN 3 @ 7

Started by -Blu, November 11, 2013, 05:57:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

For those that want to do a little scouting on arguably our best OOC opponent other than Maui.  SMU will be playing tonight on ESPN 3.  They just recently lost one of their players to transfer (Jalen Jones), he averaged 14 PPG for them last year.

sooiepig_12

I don't suppose he transferred because he saw the guys coming in.

Adam Stokes

Rhode Island isn't a terrible team, probably a 100-150 team.  SMU only beat B12 bottom-feeder TCU last week by 8.  This game should be a decent a gauge to how our game will go with them.  Regardless, I will be rooting for SMU for the RPI boost.

-Blu

Quote from: Adam Stokes on November 11, 2013, 07:46:27 pm
Rhode Island isn't a terrible team, probably a 100-150 team.  SMU only beat B12 bottom-feeder TCU last week by 8.  This game should be a decent a gauge to how our game will go with them.  Regardless, I will be rooting for SMU for the RPI boost.

So far both teams have looked a little sloppy on the offensive end, lots of traveling turnovers and missed layups.  Game was close for the first 15 minutes, then SMU started to pick up their scoring at the end of the half.  They lead 37-24 at halftime

Hawgdrummer7

I think we had more people at our last women's game than they have at this game.
Woo Pig Drum

-Blu

SMU starting to run away with this up by 19 with 17 minutes to go in 2nd half.  Their PG Nic Moore, and their PF Shawn Williams are pretty good.

SPAL

stats looked like SMU plays sound defense and doesn't allow easy looks.

Fayettechill14

Good. This may be a decent RPI win. Rhode Island was 8-21 (3-13 A10) last year, so it's not an impressive win, but to see SMU blow them out is good news.

SMU has a pretty easy OOC schedule; after us their only losable game is Virginia. Conference play will be rough for them, though. They don't have a chance against Memphis, Louisville, or UConn. They'll need to win some games against Cincinnati, Temple, and UCF and sweep Houston, Rutgers, and the Fighting Stan Heaths. Looking at their schedule, 17-11 (7-9) seems reasonable. They could be better than that, though.

GuvHog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 13, 2013, 11:24:12 pm
Good. This may be a decent RPI win. Rhode Island was 8-21 (3-13 A10) last year, so it's not an impressive win, but to see SMU blow them out is good news.

SMU has a pretty easy OOC schedule; after us their only losable game is Virginia. Conference play will be rough for them, though. They don't have a chance against Memphis, Louisville, or UConn. They'll need to win some games against Cincinnati, Temple, and UCF and sweep Houston, Rutgers, and the Fighting Stan Heaths. Looking at their schedule, 17-11 (7-9) seems reasonable. They could be better than that, though.

UCONN isn't near as good as they used to be under their previous coach so that might be a winnable game for the Mustangs.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: sooiepig_12 on November 11, 2013, 07:38:32 pm
I don't suppose he transferred because he saw the guys coming in.
That is exactly why. He would not have started this year.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.