Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Morning Rush this morning

Started by hawgon, November 15, 2017, 08:12:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

So they say they have come into information/rumor that there might be a major change soon, as in very soon. They did not explicitly said what it is, but then they immediately launched into a discussion about Jeff Long.

Nick Mason weighed in that the Long's attempt to get the Nebraska job was, in fact, very real.  He said that his sources were not from the university but from people working at sports agencies and the like.  He then surmised that the very real attempt of Long to leave in the middle of all this might have been the last straw with some of the PTB.

Anyway, they are talking as if there is a very real possibility that Jeff Long leaves soon.

dfwalumdad

ok well now it all makes sense. thus the 4 hour public humiliation in the auditorium at pulaski county vo-tech with the media in attendance.

when your bosses make you sit out in an auditorium for four hours while they discuss your future.....where i come from that's saying something!

jgphillips3

And then we have the thread saying Long packed up his office...

Drop the Mike

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 15, 2017, 08:18:24 am
And then we have the thread saying Long packed up his office...

Was the bag he packed it in made of carpet?

hawgon

All of us who are bosses know exactly what we would do and have done when you find out than an employee you are already a little dissatisfied with is actively seeking a new job.  You give him lots more free time to look for that new job.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Everyone wants him fired and then upset when he tries to leave.  Clay Travis wasnt far off.

southarkhog06

bulldog04

Tusks

He was maybe told you have until X to get another job and he couldn't get another job by X so its packing day.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DeltaBoy

Get Gone Long with Integrity and Uncommon Results.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Mr. Porkleone

Makes sense. Long goes if first step to bringing home

GUS

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 15, 2017, 08:30:13 am
Everyone wants him fired and then upset when he tries to leave.  Clay Travis wasnt far off.

Not everyone would be upset...

Kinda like coming home after work to find an empty house, your psycho wife moved out.  You're ecstatic until you can't find the dog...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

BearsBisonsBoars

Sometimes what you do is less important than how you do it.

hawgon

Maybe like some of us said from the start, Jeff Long bet his future at Arkansas the day HE decided to fire Petrino.  Maybe it was ALL his decision and the immediate integrity campaign was as much about silencing any critics in the PTB and fanbase as boosting his personal stature in the AD world.  And, maybe just maybe, the chickens are coming home to roost after five years of almost unprecedented futility.

seasonhog

Quote from: hawgon on November 15, 2017, 08:36:52 am
Maybe like some of us said from the start, Jeff Long bet his future at Arkansas the day HE decided to fire Petrino.  Maybe it was ALL his decision and the immediate integrity campaign was as much about silencing any critics in the PTB and fanbase as boosting his personal stature in the AD world.  And, maybe just maybe, the chickens are coming home to roost after five years of almost unprecedented futility.

Maybe....close to the truth.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

There's a quick way to tell if JL packed up last night.  If someone has a contact with JL's office staff, ask them to check the toilette.  If there's a floater in there this morning, that tells us all we need to know.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Tusks

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 15, 2017, 08:35:33 am
Not everyone would be upset...

Kinda like coming home after work to find an empty house, your psycho wife moved out.  You're ecstatic until you can't find the dog...

Look in the oven.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

EastexHawg

Speak for yourself.  I don't care how he goes, I just want him gone.

Hogfan1660

Quote from: hawgon on November 15, 2017, 08:28:41 am
All of us who are bosses know exactly what we would do and have done when you find out than an employee you are already a little dissatisfied with is actively seeking a new job.  You give him lots more free time to look for that new job.

^^^This ^^^

Just gave one lots more time last week after I found out he was shopping offers from out competition.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawgon

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on November 15, 2017, 09:05:18 am
^^^This ^^^

Just gave one lots more time last week after I found out he was shopping offers from out competition.

Yeah, sometimes you might bring a guy in and ask him why he is unhappy and make an effort to keep him.  Some guys just helped you make a decision you were already on the road to making.

IronMountainHog

Lol at Nick Mason sport agencies connections. Would that be one bad one, Marcus Monk Inc.?

S.A.D.C

Quote from: hawgon on November 15, 2017, 08:28:41 am

Actually all of us who are bosses do the opposite:  you hope he lands something to save the cost of firing them.  You only fire people you are VERY dissatisfied with because firing is expensive. 

hawgon

Quote from: S.A.D.C on November 15, 2017, 09:33:56 am
Actually all of us who are bosses do the opposite:  you hope he lands something to save the cost of firing them.  You only fire people you are VERY dissatisfied with because firing is expensive.

Unemployment insurance is not an issue here.

S.A.D.C

Quote from: hawgon on November 15, 2017, 09:34:58 am

Was thinking more about severance/buy outs...

hawgon

Quote from: S.A.D.C on November 15, 2017, 09:48:27 am
Was thinking more about severance/buy outs...

I suspect that isn't much of an issue here either.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: hawgon on November 15, 2017, 09:34:58 am

The cost of disruption/turnover is always an issue.  Plus, now you've got to hire an AD and a HC at the same time, or very nearly so.  I think you've got to get the AD in place first, which tells me they've already got a hire lined up for Long's job.  Otherwise, it's going to be hard to hire a HC when he doesn't know who his boss will be.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hogsanity

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 15, 2017, 09:54:06 am
The cost of disruption/turnover is always an issue.  Plus, now you've got to hire an AD and a HC at the same time, or very nearly so.  I think you've got to get the AD in place first, which tells me they've already got a hire lined up for Long's job.  Otherwise, it's going to be hard to hire a HC when he doesn't know who his boss will be.

Unless they have decided to do a search for an AD, AND let BB have another year and if it is not good then let the new guy fire him and hire his replacement. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgon

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 15, 2017, 09:54:06 am

There are two candidates for the job.  The future AD is irrelevant to the decision of those two particular candidates.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawgon on November 15, 2017, 09:59:35 am
There are two candidates for the job.  The future AD is irrelevant to the decision of those two particular candidates.
Both named Mike...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 15, 2017, 08:16:16 am
ok well now it all makes sense. thus the 4 hour public humiliation in the auditorium at pulaski county vo-tech with the media in attendance.

when your bosses make you sit out in an auditorium for four hours while they discuss your future.....where i come from that's saying something!
If they dont invite you back in in that first 30 minutes your ass is grass.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

LumberBacks

Quote from: hogsanity on November 15, 2017, 09:57:03 am
Unless they have decided to do a search for an AD, AND let BB have another year and if it is not good then let the new guy fire him and hire his replacement.
That would show zero insight from the BOT.  If CBB got another year, he still knows he's gone.  His assistants are already floating resumes knowing that the time is near.   The few decent assistants will land elsewhere and all CBB will have is Anderson clones.  He has shown that he is a CEO type and is only as good as his assistants.  No doubt he made the issue of paying assistants a big deal when he came here because so go his assistants, so goes CBB.  The fan apathy would reach epic proportions if he stayed another year.  Either the BOT will bring in an interim AD who will fire CBB and hire a new coach, or they already have an AD lined up who will do this. 

If the sequence was firing CBB first, then Long would have likely stayed.  Firing Long first assures that CBB's pink slip is being processed.

Pistol Pig Maravich

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 15, 2017, 08:33:22 am
Makes sense. Long goes if first step to bringing home

GUS
Or even better...bringing back Bobby P!!!!