Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scale of 1-10, how confident are you this week at South Carolina?

Started by Sweet Feet, October 02, 2017, 04:02:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How confident are you vs South Carolina?

Sweet Feet

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

1highhog

So far 3 is leading it and I think that is about right as far as the fans vote, this game will be won by the players and hopefully a great game plan by our Coaches.  Let's all hope for both this weekend.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PonderinHog

island hog

I have a similar feeling to the same before last year's Florida game...

Cinco de Hogo

Tarheelhawg

6.  I am feeling like the offense is improving with the young receivers and even the o-line.  The running game is pretty good but will be tested by another well coached SEC defense.  Once bitten twice shy, but I will hope for the best.

Dominicanhog

Locutus_of_Boar

5 - Arkansas's porous defense isn't gonna stop much bit USC's offense is not explosive either so the game stays close.

GuvHog

8. The Hogs get better every week. South Carolina is not as good at QB and RB as New Mexico State was.

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Swestwill66

CR is gonna bring the blitz from a different direction every down ! No more 3 man rush ! Big risks,big rewards!  Hogs 35  USC 31

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: GuvHog on October 02, 2017, 06:03:50 pm
8. The Hogs get better every week. South Carolina is not as good at QB and RB as New Mexico State was.

Guv, I want to get on board and think 8 like you, but I just keep coming back to the defense.  We all watched a Sun Belt team come to Fayetteville and have multiple long drives where they could get huge chunks of yardage by passing and running too.  They threw a pick in the endzone or it would have been even closer.  We HAVE to play off receivers 10 yards cause we are so petrified of being blown by for a big play down the field.  I watched USCe against A$M and I just dont know if we can stop them.

I do agree that the offense may be making strides although I just dont know how much that was playing a Sun Belt defense.   We did put up 43 pts against A$M, so if we can stay with our identity (running North and South) and then throwing in some play action passing and getting rid of the ball quickly before the sack comes (and its definitely coming), I can see us scoring.  But the D???  Ouch!!!

I chose 4 because of the defense, o-line and coaching.  We are not good anywhere but are weaker there.  My hope is that S. Car. is worse.  But they are at home and should get the homer calls. 

Ironhawg

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on October 02, 2017, 05:20:44 pm
6.  I am feeling like the offense is improving with the young receivers and even the o-line.  The running game is pretty good but will be tested by another well coached SEC defense.  Once bitten twice shy, but I will hope for the best.

This.  I want to be more confident, but I am worried about our defense.  I liked how AA and the receivers seemed to come together against NMSU. 

GuvHog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 02, 2017, 06:12:15 pm
Guv, I want to get on board and think 8 like you, but I just keep coming back to the defense.  We all watched a Sun Belt team come to Fayetteville and have multiple long drives where they could get huge chunks of yardage by passing and running too.  They threw a pick in the endzone or it would have been even closer.  We HAVE to play off receivers 10 yards cause we are so petrified of being blown by for a big play down the field.  I watched USCe against A$M and I just dont know if we can stop them.

I do agree that the offense may be making strides although I just dont know how much that was playing a Sun Belt defense.   We did put up 43 pts against A$M, so if we can stay with our identity (running North and South) and then throwing in some play action passing and getting rid of the ball quickly before the sack comes (and its definitely coming), I can see us scoring.  But the D???  Ouch!!!

If you understood defensive scheming, you'd know why MNS picked up so many passing yards but only 24 points. The defense was schemed to stop the NFL caliber RB and limit the number of points NMS scored even though they amassed a lot of passing yards. Rhoads knew going in that his defense would give up a lot of passing yards because NMS has an NFL caliber QB but the goal was to limit the number of points NMS scored. Mission accomplished.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

PorkRinds

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

JayHog

JayHog

I feel good about the offense. So I give the offense a feeling of 8.
The defense isn't as bad as people make it out to be. We are good most plays. The game will come down to 5 or 6 defensive plays that we'll either make or not make. Losing Pulley was a huge loss to this team.  So I give the defense a 5 because it's just 50/50 how those 5 or 6 key plays will turn out.

KennyForAD

Quote from: GuvHog on October 02, 2017, 06:03:50 pm

Haven't watched them, but really?  Not as good as NMST?  I have a hard time buying that, and its an away game, right?   They lost by 7 AT A&M.   4.  Should be 3, but we're favored and I'm optimistic.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

EastexHawg

4.  Razorback defense is bad, but is South Carolina good enough offensively to exploit it?

Quickdraw

USCe plays at home. Hogs struggles to put points on the board in the second half. Hogs defense wears down in fouth quarter gives up a couple of scores. Hogs go home still trying to put a whole game together.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: GuvHog on October 02, 2017, 06:23:41 pm
If you understood defensive scheming, you'd know why MNS picked up so many passing yards but only 24 points. The defense was schemed to stop the NFL caliber RB and limit the number of points NMS scored even though they amassed a lot of passing yards. Rhoads knew going in that his defense would give up a lot of passing yards because NMS has an NFL caliber QB but the goal was to limit the number of points NMS scored. Mission accomplished.
wow, how could we have missed that? Rhoads was "scheming" to get pushed around by a SunBelt offensive line and just knew that 24 pts (which really should have been 31 if not for a bad decision by the so called NFL caliber QB down at the goal line).  Rhoads is a master strategist who was planning to be gashed for huge chunks of yards on multiple drives all because of.....wait a min....."defensive scheming."  He was set to stop an NFL RB but found out that the QB is NFL quality so he employed the bend bend bend and bend some more and even break a little defense that came close to giving up 31 pts to a Sun Belt team.

Guv,  I truly truly hope you are right.  No kidding around.  I really do. I hope Rhoads was playing possum and not showing Wil Muschamp et al his real defensive "scheme" so they wont know what to work on this week.  "Defensive scheming"--thats it!   Rhoads is brilliant.  I hope he keeps it up this week and I hope his "defensive scheming" doesnt give up 24-31 pts this week in Columbia, SC cause if it does, might be a long day for the Hogs.  But I will remain hopeful about Rhoads and his "defensive scheming." Sounds good to me.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

farmhawg

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 03, 2017, 07:31:28 pm
wow, how could we have missed that? Rhoads was "scheming" to get pushed around by a SunBelt offensive line and just knew that 24 pts (which really should have been 31 if not for a bad decision by the so called NFL caliber QB down at the goal line).  Rhoads is a master strategist who was planning to be gashed for huge chunks of yards on multiple drives all because of.....wait a min....."defensive scheming."  He was set to stop an NFL RB but found out that the QB is NFL quality so he employed the bend bend bend and bend some more and even break a little defense that came close to giving up 31 pts to a Sun Belt team.

Guv,  I truly truly hope you are right.  No kidding around.  I really do. I hope Rhoads was playing possum and not showing Wil Muschamp et al his real defensive "scheme" so they wont know what to work on this week.  "Defensive scheming"--thats it!   Rhoads is brilliant.  I hope he keeps it up this week and I hope his "defensive scheming" doesnt give up 24-31 pts this week in Columbia, SC cause if it does, might be a long day for the Hogs.  But I will remain hopeful about Rhoads and his "defensive scheming." Sounds good to me.
Fear willi the stache.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

10thPlanet

Pigsknuckles

Looks like I am in the minority at 7, but Fayettechills scouting report has me confident that we match up well with their weaknesses.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

BigE_23

Been burned way too many times to have any confidence in Bert versus an SEC opponent.

Sweet Feet

Well the average level of confidence out of 225 voters is 4.6 out of 10 which if we want to round off, 5. So about 46%-50% confident

GuvHog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 03, 2017, 07:31:28 pm

I AM right. Rhoads schemed to make the NMS offense one dimensional and put the pressure on their QB. The NMS pass into the end zone wasn't a bad pass by the NMS QB, it was just a great play by the Hog DBs. NMS isn't a great team but they would easily dominate the Sunbelt. The Hog Defensive secondary played Cover 2 all game long and gave the receivers some slack which proves Rhoads knew his defense would give up a lot of passing yards but limit the number of points they scored while shutting down their NFL caliber RB.

GuvHog

Quote from: KennyForAD on October 02, 2017, 07:19:07 pm
Haven't watched them, but really?  Not as good as NMST?  I have a hard time buying that, and its an away game, right?   They lost by 7 AT A&M.   4.  Should be 3, but we're favored and I'm optimistic.

Offensively, South Carolina is not as good as NMS. As I stated, NMS has an NFL caliber QB, an NFL caliber, RB, and 2 good receivers. Bentley, the Gamecocks QB is pretty good but is not NFL caliber nor is their RB and their NFL caliber receiver is out for the season.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on October 02, 2017, 05:27:55 pm
I'm 50/50 until I see the play against SEC Competition.    But I do believe that D Williams will be a focal point on Saturday against his old team.  So I wouldn't be surprised if he has a good game but the coaching needs to step up, Offensive line gives AA some time to throw and defense especially needs to bring their "A" game.

I hope you are right about Williams but I can see the opposite happening. I see SC gunning for Williams because he left them. Only hope our porous OL can maintain some blocks to protect Williams and Allen.

Nevertheless I still predict a Hog win.

Vantage 8 dude

Have totally no clue what to expect. I'm just waiting for us to finally play a COMPLETE game for the first time in almost a year. You know: solid performances from all phases-the defense, offense (especially the line), special team and kickers. Something we really haven't seen since last season's Florida game (although admittedly the gators totally stunk on offense).

jgphillips3

5.  I think we are both flawed.  If it was in Fayetteville, I'd move it to a 6 or 7.  This is one of the the most, if not the most, winnable conference game, but it's at their place. 

HF#1

Ultimately the game is a toss up. However, I don't have confidence in our ability to win at the LOS. We should be able to dominate South Carolina's offensive line since it is in shambles. I hope we bring some blitz packages with us.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Muskliketusk

10 outta 10 Hogs gonna run through them like nothing and the D gonna stop there bad O
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

idochog

Close game on the road between 2 sucky teams & no Fg kicker

You do the math
I love Jesus!

Etowah

This game is not a toss up.

South Carolina is not a good team.

HognotinMemphis

I do not understand how any fan could have real confidence in beating any SEC team, whether at home or on the road.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Etowah on October 06, 2017, 10:03:23 am
This game is not a toss up.

South Carolina is not a good team.

In the other hand I don't see how anyone can go better than toss-up.

5 or less=115 votes
6 or more=112 votes

So it's pretty even and that's a toss-up.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 06, 2017, 10:17:12 am
I do not understand how any fan could have real confidence in beating any SEC team, whether at home or on the road.
Well, well as always we have our resident "Mr. Sunshine and Positive" piping up. Nice to see your usual "ray of hope" comments.