Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there any new info about who's staying and who's leaving

Started by claycohog, June 29, 2009, 04:31:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

claycohog

Pork Twain

It is getting a little late in the game for movement and there has not been any smoke for a while.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Chris Bahn

There are some current guys waiting to hear grade results and some incoming guys waiting to hear clearinghouse results.

Honestly, this thing could drag out until school starts in August. Arkansas will be below its current 13 scholarship players. How far below remains to be seen.

claycohog

Quote from: BeoPig™ on June 29, 2009, 04:34:21 pm
It is getting a little late in the game for movement and there has not been any smoke for a while.
There's smoke and it ain't too late.

linze82

smite me bishes

linze82

smite me bishes

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: claycohog on June 29, 2009, 07:50:23 pm

If you know & from your past "guarantees" I am doubting that you do, posting a thread asking the question you seem to think you know the answer to is definitely troll-worthy in my book...

Pork Twain

Quote from: claycohog on June 29, 2009, 07:50:23 pm
Boy I have not heard that one before.  I would not be surprised to see Borden go prep and Henry not make the grades but that is all I can see happening.  I did not say it was too late, but it is getting late for moves.  I will not hold my breath for any facts concerning any players.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

VirginiaHog

There is no way Borden goes prep if Henry does not make it. We have 14 Players for 13 spots. If all make it, Borden goes prep. If anyone fails to make it, Borden comes. Now Borden may come and redshirt, but he will come. (if someone fails to make it)

Hogbody

Wasn't clayco one of the "in the know" people a bit back?

Seems like he hasn't known anything so far

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hogbody on June 29, 2009, 09:43:09 pm

Agreed, but Chris Bahn does know. I'm hoping that when he said:

Quote from: Chris Bahn on June 29, 2009, 04:56:29 pm
Arkansas will be below its current 13 scholarship players. How far below remains to be seen.

..that he actually meant 14 instead of 13. I believe the spotlight is on Henry and/or Welsh. We'll all just have to wait and see. That being said, we shouldn't lose focus of the fact that A) the nucleus of Powell, Washington, Fortson, and Clarke will be very good and B) the subtraction of Henry and/or Welsh would most likely be a boon for chemistry and our locker room.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hogman64

Quote from: Hogbody on June 29, 2009, 09:43:09 pm

Well I think he knows something this time.....In fact , I would bet on it.

ruarealhogfan

June 30, 2009, 12:59:04 am #13 Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 01:03:37 am by ruarealhogfan
I guess you could say, he's due..

clifflee4mvp

you mean like scoop lericos? Never understood why he got credit for scooping the wrong football coach like 3 times........
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: hogman64 on June 30, 2009, 12:13:43 am
Well I think he knows something this time.....In fact , I would bet on it.

He obviously knows how to create a thread asking Hogville for info.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Pork Twain

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on June 30, 2009, 02:42:18 am
He obviously knows how to create a thread asking Hogville for info.
At this point there are not many insides not named Tomhog, WPS or RD that I would bank on.

Hogbody

I know Welsh did not finish the class he was enrolled in first summer session

not sure if that will matter or not

chiefsfan

ive heard we have a better chance of losing Welsh then Henry.   But no real source.  just rumblings
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Chris Bahn

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on June 29, 2009, 11:02:58 pm
Agreed, but Chris Bahn does know. I'm hoping that when he said:

..that he actually meant 14 instead of 13. I believe the spotlight is on Henry and/or Welsh. We'll all just have to wait and see. That being said, we shouldn't lose focus of the fact that A) the nucleus of Powell, Washington, Fortson, and Clarke will be very good and B) the subtraction of Henry and/or Welsh would most likely be a boon for chemistry and our locker room.
Exactly what I meant. They'll get down from 14 to at least 13, but could lose people beyond that.

Pork Twain

606hog

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 30, 2009, 10:47:30 am
ive heard we have a better chance of losing Welsh then Henry.   But no real source.  just rumblings
Is this a bad thing? lol

606hog

Quote from: rzrbkman on June 30, 2009, 03:16:11 pm
If Welsh were to leave, I hope that Pel does not sign another player, instead holding that scholarship for the next recruiting class as Welsh and Washington are the only two seniors. The classes are a little more evened out now as it is.
If Welsh were to leave that would leave 13 scholarship players. There would be no scholarship. Correct?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: 606hog on June 30, 2009, 03:35:26 pm
If Welsh were to leave that would leave 13 scholarship players. There would be no scholarship. Correct?

Correct. But if Borden goes prep for whatever reason, then we'd be at 12.

pujolstain

Quote from: claycohog on June 29, 2009, 04:31:39 pm
on our basketball team?

Well I heard that Rob Evans was leaving, Washington was going to Europe, Powell would not qualify, the sky was falling, none other than from you.

Weak buddy, weak.

Pork Twain

I would love to have everyone back, especially Henry, but if he is not willing to work hard to keep his spot then maybe it is better that he does not come back.  Where is the talk that Welsh is gone coming from?

outlawhogeywells

don't letters go out today to all Scholarship ath. on who will retain scholarships forr 2009-2010

Porkatarian

Beo, is Welsh still taking summer classes?

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Pork Twain

Quote from: Porkatarian on July 01, 2009, 11:46:25 am

Porkatarian out...
I am not sure.  That is why I was curious where the talk that he might not be back was coming from.  Any info on your end?

Hogbody

Quote from: Porkatarian on July 01, 2009, 11:46:25 am

Porkatarian out...

he dropped out of first session anatomy, fwiw

hope he doesn't need to take it any time soon

UltimateHog

Welsh was the worst of/on the worst last year.

Please tell me he's gone.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Hogbody

doubt we know anything for sure til august at the earliest

JIHawg

Quote from: BeoPig™ on July 01, 2009, 10:20:55 am
I would love to have everyone back, especially Henry, but if he is not willing to work hard to keep his spot then maybe it is better that he does not come back.  Where is the talk that Welsh is gone coming from?

Pel did promise Rotney Clarke's dad that he would fix the cancer problem.  Marshawn Powell is solidly in the fold now.  The timing is right.

chiefsfan

Quote from: BeoPig™ on July 01, 2009, 11:56:44 am
I am not sure.  That is why I was curious where the talk that he might not be back was coming from.  Any info on your end?

I dont know where its coming from.  Ive just heard some stuff on that and hogbody had mentioned to me a couple weeks ago he dropped out of a class he was in
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Beaverfever

I will be very upset if Henry isn't back, Welsh......not so much.  I'd just assume he doesn't come back.

Razorod

yes, but wouldn't our APR take another hit if Welsh leaves? We really don't want to be losing a scholarship in the next couple of years with the in-state 2011 class coming up.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Razorod on July 03, 2009, 07:38:26 am
yes, but wouldn't our APR take another hit if Welsh leaves? We really don't want to be losing a scholarship in the next couple of years with the in-state 2011 class coming up.

best result for APR is for Welsh to stay and Borden to go prep which would not count against the APR

Then it depends on whether Washington or Welsh graduate, and whether or not any of Heath's 6 seniors graduate this year

Razorod

Quote from: chiefsfan on July 03, 2009, 09:07:21 am
best result for APR is for Welsh to stay and Borden to go prep which would not count against the APR

Then it depends on whether Washington or Welsh graduate, and whether or not any of Heath's 6 seniors graduate this year
that's what I thought. Don't know if we need to be wishing Welsh away. Best thing is for the players we have/expect to have stay and learn to get along, accept roles, etc.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Pork Twain

Quote from: chiefsfan on July 03, 2009, 09:07:21 am

Very good point about the APR.  So really losing either Henry or Welsh would cause to drop even farther.

Kevin Bacon

Quote from: BeoPig™ on July 03, 2009, 03:41:20 pm
Very good point about the APR.  So really losing either Henry or Welsh would cause to drop even farther.

But gaining a good solid student athlete like Peterson does help because the APR is a 4 year average, right?

HawgAdvocate

Transfers in and out only have a discounted effect on the APR....

justmaybe

Welsh had some good games last year. And yes some bad ones. Mostly I think he was taking a bigger role than what he could handle. If Forston steps up and Welsh can just play elder statesmen to the more talented younger guy then he will be important to this team. Don't forget also that he is good friends with Powell who is coming in.

claycohog

Hogbody