Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No defense..No rebounding

Started by CalHog, November 23, 2012, 07:50:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHog

No coaching..It's going to be a long year.  Bring Pelphrey back.

slopman

Quote from: CalHog on November 23, 2012, 07:50:17 pm

Didn't you know it's all pelphrey fault.

ThreeWayInn

Little early....we have one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in the country.....great soph class....Powell is back....just give it time...this team is an elite 8 team when MA has it hitting on all cylinders by February.

3kgthog

I can think of several coaches I'd put ahead of MA. His style leads to playing defense with the hands and not the feet. He'll win some games here. I don't doubt that. However, when he runs into a team with decent guards and more size, we'll get killed every time.

CalHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 24, 2012, 01:58:57 am
I can think of several coaches I'd put ahead of MA. His style leads to playing defense with the hands and not the feet. He'll win some games here. I don't doubt that. However, when he runs into a team with decent guards and more size, we'll get killed every time.

and we will run into a lot of teams with decent guards.  This was absolutely the worst display of defense I have ever seen.  To be considered a defensive coach, MA has failed.  You can't blame the officials.  Yes they did have the hot hand. but they were uncontested all night, especially in the second half.

Letsroll1200

MA will get this thing turned around. Wade has to make shots and powell has to score down low for us to be a good team. Madden had a good game and Mickelson scored 10 points. Coty Clarke and Powell have to play better for us in the next game. The season is not lost in November.

Smithian

lmao

Yes yes yes

V B Porkers

Quote from: ThreeWayInn on November 23, 2012, 11:18:57 pm
Little early....we have one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in the country.....great soph class....Powell is back....just give it time...this team is an elite 8 team when MA has it hitting on all cylinders by February.

top 2 or 3 coaches WOW

Sas Nakra

MA said at his introductory event in BWA that his teams would pick up the opponents when they stepped off their bus. This has not happened yet.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

razordank42

Germx

Three way how clueless are you?  We aren't even gonna make the tournament.  Get a clue.  As for the sophmore class it will be below average when BJ leaves next year

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

dsims2k3

This is not worth entertaining. Who's knocking on Florida's door to get Pel?
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

dsims2k3

Haters gonna hate. ;)

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

razorbak

No hustle, defense or coaching -- and you want Pel back? Why would you want our current deficiencies times 2 with Pel? He was a great hustler of a player, but I've never seen a more inept coach.
"If I could rest anywhere it would be in Arkansaw where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grow nowhere else on the face of the universal earth." [Davy Crockett 1834]

"If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision." [Major General Patrick Cleburne, Confederate Civil War hero from Arkansas]

The Confederacy had no better soldiers than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond prudence. [Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.]

EastexHawg

Quote from: ThreeWayInn on November 23, 2012, 11:18:57 pm
we have one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in the country.....

this team is an elite 8 team when MA has it hitting on all cylinders by February.

Not...sure...if...serious.

Germx

Get that joke Obama out of this thread

dsims2k3

Fayettechill14

We're fouling too much in the press, which is typical of inexperienced freshmen. When they get better and those fouls become steals, our defense won't look so bad. I don't care how many POINTS we give up and long as we score more due to points off turnovers.

Big teams are going to beat us in the post in half-court. Period. Our task is to disrupt their guard-play and not get frustrated when they hammer it inside. Help is on the way in the form of Portis and Kingsley, but we have to improve our perimeter defense and press for now.