Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kevin Durant to Golden State

Started by HiggiePiggy, July 04, 2016, 01:21:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DOGALUM

I've heard a ton of different theories about why he decided to leave OKC for GS.  Some sound quite logical....and may be true, at least partially.   I have no problem at all with this move. 

The Steven A Smith line (and the line of a poster on page 1) of it being a "weak" move is just stupid and reeks of butthurt.  In no way is this a weak move. 

I wouldn't consider myself a KD fan or an NBA fan.   But from all accounts KD is one outstanding human being.  One of the stars in the NBA that I wish all the best for.  If this is what he wanted to do (and it obviously is), more power to him. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Dr. Starcs

July 06, 2016, 03:26:41 am #101 Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:40:05 am by Dr. Starcs
^^^
Blinded by the light.

The majority of people i've seen and heard chime in on this agree with me. 

Are you a Kentucky fan too? Did you like lebron doing this in Miami? Kd, a supposed top 5 player in his prime, couldn't get it done so he tucked his tail and ran to the guys that just beat him and set an nba record for wins in a season.

Weak.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 06, 2016, 03:26:41 am
^^^
Blinded by the light.

Are you a Kentucky fan too? Did you like lebron doing this in Miami? Kd, a supposed top 5 player in his prime, couldn't get it done so he tucked his tail and ran to the guys that just beat him and set an nba record for wins in a season.

Weak.

Except Miami was not a very good team before Lebron and Bosh got there. Really all they had was Wade. But him and Bosh were art enough to realize that if they all there played together they had a much better chance to win titles than with their former teammates. Nit sure that KD didn't feel the same way and there is nothing wrong with that since it is a pro league.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rzrbackramsfan

In my opinion, kd left for mainly social reasons.  Can't blame him, I live in Oklahoma right now for work and can't stand it.  I'd love to be back in nwa or the Bay Area.

The_Iceman

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 05, 2016, 11:01:41 pm
FIFY.

I haven't read any posts of anyone here claiming to be an expert. It's a message board. What good is a message board if speculation isn't allowed?

Seriously. That's the most annoying statement someone can make on a message board.

onebadrubi

^^^
Blinded by the light.

Weak.
. Not really though...   More and. Orr is coming out about him wanting away from Westbrook. He also knows that OKC won't be a place other top FA want to come.  The guy is losing almost 50 mil to play on a team that right now ANY player in the NBa wants to play on. They are having fun while playing a free flowing fun style of basketball in a large market.

Hawg Red

It does sound like the KD/Westbrook partnership was coming to end with reports that Westbrook was leaving in 2017 regardless. Two great players that just didn't go well together. But fans will still want to see a great player lead his own team to a championship. Not getting that with Durant with he wins titles with Curry/Klay/Green. Just two schools of thought there. Some fans are okay with it and just want to see great teams while other fans would probably rather the NBA implement a hard cap like the NFL and have true parity (will never happen because the NBA's players union is much stronger than the NFL's).

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 06, 2016, 09:23:03 am
It does sound like the KD/Westbrook partnership was coming to end with reports that Westbrook was leaving in 2017 regardless. Two great players that just didn't go well together. But fans will still want to see a great player lead his own team to a championship. Not getting that with Durant with he wins titles with Curry/Klay/Green. Just two schools of thought there. Some fans are okay with it and just want to see great teams while other fans would probably rather the NBA implement a hard cap like the NFL and have true parity (will never happen because the NBA's players union is much stronger than the NFL's).

I do think it is funny that Windhorst (Lebron's personal reporter who has been able to use Lebron as his entire purpose for having a contract with ESPN) is trying to "leak" while advocate for some "Golden State Free agency" rules similar to what came after the big three signed in Miami. 

I don't see anything done wrong by Golden State or KD.  How can anyone be mad that their was a Salary floor and cap given, they had enough room to MAX KD for 2 year with a player option?  Seems if too many people want too take their ball and go home now.

DOGALUM

^^^
Blinded by the light.

Weak.

What light exactly?   

Someone who wanted out of OKC bad enough to leave $50million in salary on the table but was always a good soldier and made the best of his time there is far from weak. 

You want weak, look to the problem children of the NBA.   Look to the guys that bitch about their employer.  Look to the guys that beat their wives.  Look to the guys who get in twitter battles with fans.  Plenty of weak in the NBA.....but Durant isn't part of it.  (not that he isn't a little soft down low for a man his height, but that's not what we are talking about here)

In any case, I can even see if some die hard Thunder fans called him a traitor, turncoat, or bandwagon follower.  But weak?   Unless the meaning of that word has changed, it just doesn't make sense.   But hey......stay on the S.A.S bandwagon.  If he says it, it must be the thing to say right?

Dr. Starcs

Well Reggie miller and Charles Barkley basically said the same thing.

I'm guessing they're a little more knowledgeable than you on this.

The_Iceman

Speaking of Barkley, I find it funny him saying Durant is "cheating" to get a title, when he himself went to Houston to form a Big 3 with Clyde and The Dream right after they won two in a row.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 06, 2016, 10:56:48 am
Well Reggie miller and Charles Barkley basically said the same thing.

I'm guessing they're a little more knowledgeable than you on this.
So what?   You talking about the Reggie Miller who never won a title and the Charles Barkley who not only never won a title, but he also left the 76ers to go to Phoenix then to Houston?   That means nothing. 

Steph Curry......MVP and NBA champion by the way...... thinks it's a great move and doesn't think it's weak......and I'm guessing he's probably a little more knowledgeable than you on this.   See how easy that is?

Hawg Red

How many here will cheer for the Warriors now?

DOGALUM

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 06, 2016, 11:11:14 am
I'm not a Lebron fan....at all.  But I cheered for Cleveland in the finals because I hate him less than I hate Curry.  (not sure "hate" is the right word so save the "but how can you hate someone?" stuff....but for the sake of this explanation, it works)   That said, my non-hatred for Durant would more than cancel out my Curry hate....so I would cheer for the Warriors if they played the Cavs again.  He seems like a good guy....and for me that overcomes a lot.  Same reason I would cheer for the Spurs.  Seem like good guys. 

Hawg Red

I can't envision a scenario under which I would cheer for a team with that much overwhelming talent to win it all. I never cheered for Miami but I did cheer for LeBron this year. I've never been interested in dominant teams while they're dominant. I was never a Bulls fan, but obviously I have a tremendous amount of respect for Jordan and the Bulls. Never a Lakers fan. Never had a problem with San Antonio, but that might be because their titles have been spaced out.

So now I'm in a position where I'm going to cheer for LeBron again, I guess.

FineAsSwine

I rooted for Cleveland in the Finals but next year I am pulling for GS now that Durant is taking so much undeserved criticism.

Hawg Red

Quote from: FineAsSwine on July 06, 2016, 12:50:49 pm
I rooted for Cleveland in the Finals but next year I am pulling for GS now that Durant is taking so much undeserved criticism.

He sure needs the fan support to power him all the way through the Finals.

onebadrubi

I will just as I did all the way back to Mark Jackson's last year.  This team is something fun to watch.  They are talented and not something we will see again in our life. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 06, 2016, 11:46:35 am
I can't envision a scenario under which I would cheer for a team with that much overwhelming talent to win it all. I never cheered for Miami but I did cheer for LeBron this year. I've never been interested in dominant teams while they're dominant. I was never a Bulls fan, but obviously I have a tremendous amount of respect for Jordan and the Bulls. Never a Lakers fan. Never had a problem with San Antonio, but that might be because their titles have been spaced out.

People say this like it was assembled talent.  Yet this year 4 of the starters, even 5 at times were drafted by the warriors.  Next year it is possible that 4 of the 5 starters will have been drafted from the warriors, although more likely only 3.  They also did it in a way that is respectable, by taking Curry, Thompson, and Green, three players MANY passed on. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 06, 2016, 01:36:00 pm
People say this like it was assembled talent.  Yet this year 4 of the starters, even 5 at times were drafted by the warriors.  Next year it is possible that 4 of the 5 starters will have been drafted from the warriors, although more likely only 3.  They also did it in a way that is respectable, by taking Curry, Thompson, and Green, three players MANY passed on.

No problem with the Warriors pre-Durant, because like you said, they built that team with their own hard work. But you add a top 3 player on top of that? I'm out. I can watch a team and appreciate the entertainment value they bring without pulling for them. I will pull for literally any other team but Golden State because I do not like manufactured super teams (and they've entered that territory now by signing an MVP winner in his prime). Just how it is with me.

And to the point about manufactured super teams, you could technically put that label on the Cavaliers since they traded for Kevin Love after LeBron came back to join Kyrie, but A) franchise has never won anything and B) they won the championship in spite of Kevin Love's poor fit on the roster (though he did play his butt off in Game 7 rebounding and defending). Also, the best veteran ring-chaser signings they made were Richard Jefferson and Mo Williams.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 06, 2016, 01:55:42 pm
No problem with the Warriors pre-Durant, because like you said, they built that team with their own hard work. But you add a top 3 player on top of that? I'm out. I can watch a team and appreciate the entertainment value they bring without pulling for them. I will pull for literally any other team but Golden State because I do not like manufactured super teams (and they've entered that territory now by signing an MVP winner in his prime). Just how it is with me.

And to the point about manufactured super teams, you could technically put that label on the Cavaliers since they traded for Kevin Love after LeBron came back to join Kyrie, but A) franchise has never won anything and B) they won the championship in spite of Kevin Love's poor fit on the roster (though he did play his butt off in Game 7 rebounding and defending). Also, the best veteran ring-chaser signings they made were Richard Jefferson and Mo Williams.

I just don't get this line of thinking though. 

What team has EVER won a championship without adding a kep component through Free Agency?  Are you just not happy with the ability and cap space golden state had to making it a max player?  If that is it then you should also hate any other team adding a max player, correct?  Are you disgusted that they added a top 5 player in the NBA?  Then by all means you would have hated the spurs had he gone there, right? 

Hawg Red

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 06, 2016, 02:29:05 pm
What team has EVER won a championship without adding a kep component through Free Agency?

A key component can mean different things. Kevin Durant is obviously a key component. But so is, say, Andre Igoudala. A guy that isn't an All-Star or All-NBA player. It all just depends on the situation and most situations are different.

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 06, 2016, 02:29:05 pmAre you just not happy with the ability and cap space golden state had to making it a max player?  If that is it then you should also hate any other team adding a max player, correct?  Are you disgusted that they added a top 5 player in the NBA?  Then by all means you would have hated the spurs had he gone there, right?

I don't blame the Warriors for anything. They're a company. I know what to expect. I would not have minded if Durant went to a team that needed him. Golden State does not need him. Draymond acts right and they are world champs again. I would have liked to see him to to a team to where he could write his own chapter with a franchise, not a franchise that just won a championship and went 7 games in the next Finals and was already the favorite to win it all next year. Boston would have been a great storyline with him and Horford coming from somewhat similar situations and the young players that Boston has. Maybe even the Spurs, sure. They didn't make it out of the second round. I need to see some adversity overcome when a great player going to finally break through and win a championship. That's just the kind of fan I am.

RME

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 06, 2016, 01:55:42 pm
No problem with the Warriors pre-Durant, because like you said, they built that team with their own hard work.

I do understand what you're saying to an extent, but I'm not sure Golden State "built that team with their own hard work." Their guys were always supposed to be good to great players...it's not like they were a bunch of 2nd rounders or undrafted free agents that came together and won a championship.

Curry: 7th overall pick
Thompson: 11th overall pick
Barnes: 7th overall pick
Bogut: 1st overall pick
Iguodala: 9th overall pick
Green: The one exception; 35th overall pick. He is one who has worked hard with the mentality that I feel like you put forward (even though I absolutely cannot stand Draymond, the guy got his game together)
Livingston: 4th overall pick
Speights: 16th overall pick

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 06, 2016, 03:21:55 pm
A key component can mean different things. Kevin Durant is obviously a key component. But so is, say, Andre Igoudala. A guy that isn't an All-Star or All-NBA player. It all just depends on the situation and most situations are different.

You are correct about Iggy not being an "All-Star or All-NBA player," and no, he isn't on Durant's level, but he has been a very, very good player throughout his career; NBA All-Rookie First Team, 2x NBA All-Defensive Team, 1x NBA All-Star, 1x NBA Finals MVP. Again, not Durant's level, but not a common player either.

Hawg Red

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 06, 2016, 04:13:51 pm
You are correct about Iggy not being an "All-Star or All-NBA player," and no, he isn't on Durant's level, but he has been a very, very good player throughout his career; NBA All-Rookie First Team, 2x NBA All-Defensive Team, 1x NBA All-Star, 1x NBA Finals MVP. Again, not Durant's level, but not a common player either.

Well, key compotents aren't supposed to be common. But when a team signs someone like Iguodala, you don't see fans screaming about a super team for a reason.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 06, 2016, 03:21:55 pm

I don't blame the Warriors for anything. They're a company. I know what to expect. I would not have minded if Durant went to a team that needed him. Golden State does not need him. Draymond acts right and they are world champs again. I would have liked to see him to to a team to where he could write his own chapter with a franchise, not a franchise that just won a championship and went 7 games in the next Finals and was already the favorite to win it all next year. Boston would have been a great storyline with him and Horford coming from somewhat similar situations and the young players that Boston has. Maybe even the Spurs, sure. They didn't make it out of the second round. I need to see some adversity overcome when a great player going to finally break through and win a championship. That's just the kind of fan I am.

I think Iggy further proves that point I was trying to make. 

Your second paragraph though says something I wish more on your side of the argument would say, and that is go somewhere that he could write his own story line.  I respect and can see that side of the argument, but I think many aren't even giving it that much thought.  I, for one, have never thought of Durant as a put a team on your back and control leader.  He WILL disappear at times in big games, he did it in the playoffs.  But we also what he was capable of when he wants to be.  I think Durant's personality goes along with this as well and he knows it.  He needs that dominant player around him as well, dominant not as in a ball hog like Westbrook, but someone like Green and Curry.  (I say and because those two together take over that team and go on runs like I have never seen). 

I've already said I hoped he would end up in Boston under Brad S coaching, the point guard situation they have, the D they play (players), and then adding Horford.  Would have brought some serious parity to the NBA east.  Which makes me wonder why an East team wasn't more attractive.  There are games you could literally take the entire game off in the east and know you were still going to be a 1-3 seed in the east. 

Hawg Red

I do understand what you're saying to an extent, but I'm not sure Golden State "built that team with their own hard work." Their guys were always supposed to be good to great players...it's not like they were a bunch of 2nd rounders or undrafted free agents that came together and won a championship.

Green: The one exception; 35th overall pick. He is one who has worked hard with the mentality that I feel like you put forward (even though I absolutely cannot stand Draymond, the guy got his game together)

I don't think you really have a point here. All championship teams, with few exception, are built on the backs of highly drafted players. Most definitely hard work, cooperation, and sacrifice are required and few teams can execute on that combination. But I would have to say that none of those players, when drafted, was viewed as anything near a star. Even Curry.

onebadrubi

You can't just take all of their draft positions and debunk ground up work. 

-Curry was passed over and drafted way too high according to many (those guys hopefully don't rear their heads anymore).  He was taken high at the time by a team that saw talent. 
-Wasn't Bogut taken from the Free Agency?  (DOn't feel liek looking it up). 
-Green was obviously a huge miss by EVERYONE and a steal. 
-Livingston was a gamble after the injury, no one had any idea he would ever return to a lottery pick skill. 
-Speights was before some of the kids in the NBA were born, ok not really but it seems like that. 

They built this team around drafting well and then adding kep pieces around the draftee's.  Every decision has seemed to take not one but two steps forward, however I think departing with Bogut will cause some issues.

RME

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 06, 2016, 04:37:31 pm
I don't think you really have a point here. All championship teams, with few exception, are built on the backs of highly drafted players. Most definitely hard work, cooperation, and sacrifice are required and few teams can execute on that combination. But I would have to say that none of those players, when drafted, was viewed as anything near a star. Even Curry.

"All championship teams, with a few exceptions, are built on the backs of highly drafted players." ........that's exactly what I just said.....that's why I listed how highly drafted the core of the Warriors' roster really is.

I do have a point, and it's the point that I said. Sure, just because you're a top-10 draft pick you still have to work hard to get where you're winning championships. But having a team full of top-10 draft picks is much more likely to win a championship on skill alone than a team of 2nd rounders or undrafted free agents, no? Top 10 players and 2nd rounders alike work hard.

It's hard work of course, but it's also adding guys like Bogut and Iguodala. If the 76ers develop their recent draft picks as they should, and within the next 5 years or so add some key players, who's to say they won't be the Warriors now?

Curry may not have been a "star" but he was very highly regarded. He had a boatload of college accolades: 2x SoCon Player of the Year, NCAA D1 Scoring Leader, Consensus All-American in '08 and '09. Took Davidson to the Elite Eight. And he was on the NBA All-Rookie first team his first year in the league. People knock Curry's size; he's 6'3''. So is Westbrook. So is Kyrie Irving. Is Curry as built as these guys? No of course not, but his game is also different from the Westbrooks and Irvings of the world. Growing up with Dell as a father surely didn't hurt much, either.

https://thecauldron.si.com/despite-the-noise-stephen-curry-is-not-an-underdog-52996b6904a1#.u5bdrx7wr

RME

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 06, 2016, 04:46:18 pm
You can't just take all of their draft positions and debunk ground up work. 

-Curry was passed over and drafted way too high according to many (those guys hopefully don't rear their heads anymore).  He was taken high at the time by a team that saw talent. 
-Wasn't Bogut taken from the Free Agency?  (DOn't feel liek looking it up). 
-Green was obviously a huge miss by EVERYONE and a steal. 
-Livingston was a gamble after the injury, no one had any idea he would ever return to a lottery pick skill. 
-Speights was before some of the kids in the NBA were born, ok not really but it seems like that. 

They built this team around drafting well and then adding kep pieces around the draftee's.  Every decision has seemed to take not one but two steps forward, however I think departing with Bogut will cause some issues.

Again, that's what I said.

Hawg Red

Drafting well falls under "hard work" to me because a lot of teams blow top 10 picks or first round picks.

The_Iceman

Dwyane Wade to the Bulls.

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Gibson/Mirotic
Lopez

Porris has a good team around him now.

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 06, 2016, 08:47:04 pm

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Gibson/Mirotic
Lopez

Wade deserves a max deal after getting screwed by opting out for Lebron to stay then Miami not giving him anywhere near what his contract was.

Dr. Starcs

majp51

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 06, 2016, 11:46:35 am

Lol, so if by some miracle Arkansas Basketball had several concurrent  signing classes that put Kentucky to shame you would have to start rooting for someone else?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 06, 2016, 09:14:44 pm
http://tmzhiphop.com/kevin-durant-tweets-fk-stephen-a-smith-his-uncle-tom-ass-opinions/

Classy response here.

Lol seriously?  You are taking up for Stephen A?  That's pretty sad.  Stephen A is a top notch [CENSORED].

Dr. Starcs

And some would say the same thing about Durant.

See how easy that was.

hoglady

Will be happy to see D Wade in a Bulls uniform.
One of my favorite players to one of my favorite teams.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

It'll be interesting to see how well Rondo and Wade mesh together.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hawg Red

Quote from: majp51 on July 06, 2016, 09:16:03 pm
Lol, so if by some miracle Arkansas Basketball had several concurrent  signing classes that put Kentucky to shame you would have to start rooting for someone else?

Never. Don't be stupid.

I'm a Razorback fan forever. I'm really more of a general NBA fan than of any one team.

GoHogs1091

Maybe a 4 team deal such as the following could be worked out between OKC, the Lakers, Mikwaukee, and Philadelphia.

The Lakers get:

Russell Westbrook from OKC  (also a guarantee from Westbrook that he will resign with the Lakers).
Jabari Parker from Milwaukee

OKC gets:

Michael Carter-Williams from Milwaukee
Julius Randle from the Lakers
Robert Covington from the 76ers

Milwaukee gets:

Brandon Ingram from the Lakers
Hollis Thompson from the 76ers
Dion Waiters from OKC

Philadelphia gets:

D'Angelo Russell from the Lakers
Jerryd Bayless from Milwaukee

All 4 teams would have a good nucleus of 4 players.

Lakers 

Westbrook
Parker
Young
Bass

OKC

Carter-Williams
Randle
Adams
Oladipo

Milwaukee

Middleton
Monroe
Ingram
Antetokounmpo

Philadelphia

Simmons
Okafor
Russell
Noel

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 06, 2016, 09:36:48 pm
And some would say the same thing about Durant.

See how easy that was.

No actually they don't. People have had nothing but great things to say about his character. He's not a habitual race baiter and attention whore.

onebadrubi

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 06, 2016, 10:52:38 pm
Maybe a 4 team deal such as the following could be worked out between OKC, the Lakers, Mikwaukee, and Philadelphia.

The Lakers get:

Russell Westbrook from OKC  (also a guarantee from Westbrook that he will resign with the Lakers).
Jabari Parker from Milwaukee

OKC gets:

Michael Carter-Williams from Milwaukee
Julius Randle from the Lakers
Robert Covington from the 76ers

Milwaukee gets:

Brandon Ingram from the Lakers
Hollis Thompson from the 76ers
Dion Waiters from OKC

Philadelphia gets:

D'Angelo Russell from the Lakers
Jerryd Bayless from Milwaukee

All 4 teams would have a good nucleus of 4 players.

Lakers 

Westbrook
Parker
Young
Bass

OKC

Carter-Williams
Randle
Adams
Oladipo

Milwaukee

Middleton
Monroe
Ingram
Antetokounmpo

Philadelphia

Simmons
Okafor
Russell
Noel

Don't ever go full... Well nvm you just went there.

Dr. Starcs

GoHogs1091

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 06, 2016, 11:02:15 pm
Don't ever go full... Well nvm you just went there.

That is a good deal for all 4 teams.

The Lakers would be getting a Top 5 player (Westbrook) who is guaranteed to resign with them.  Jabari Parker averaged 14.1 points per game this just completed season.

OKC would get 3 good players.  Carter-Williams averaged 11.5 points per game this just completed season, Randle averaged 11.3 points per game, and Covington averaged 12.8 points per game.  That would make up for Westbrook's lost points per game production.

Milwaukee would get Ingram, a #2 overall pick who has talent.

Philadelphia just lost Point Guard, Ish Smith, a few days ago.  D'Angelo Russell would be a good PG for Philadelphia to replace Smith. 

RME

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 06, 2016, 09:14:44 pm
http://tmzhiphop.com/kevin-durant-tweets-fk-stephen-a-smith-his-uncle-tom-ass-opinions/

Classy response here.

Dude. Are you kidding? Do you read The Onion and RockCityTimes and believe those articles, too?

You think that Kevin Durant, the guy that you never hear a PEEP out of for acting up either off the court, press conferences, social media, or pretty much any and every public outlet, would bite on a Stephen A. Smith rant?

Head on back to the Tavern. It misses you.

Pork Twain

I do not care for the NBA but players have been doing this for a long time and if I were a NBA player like Durant, I would not want to play in OKC with Westbrook either.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Inhogswetrust

July 07, 2016, 08:38:08 am #146 Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:08:03 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: onebadrubi on July 06, 2016, 01:36:00 pm

You do realize that every player is "passed on" by teams until they are picked..................No one really knows how any player picked will perform for a particular team or coach.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 06, 2016, 08:47:04 pm

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Gibson/Mirotic
Lopez

Is Porris any relation to Portis?

The_Iceman

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 06, 2016, 11:29:22 pm
That is a good deal for all 4 teams.

The Lakers would be getting a Top 5 player (Westbrook) who is guaranteed to resign with them.  Jabari Parker averaged 14.1 points per game this just completed season.

OKC would get 3 good players.  Carter-Williams averaged 11.5 points per game this just completed season, Randle averaged 11.3 points per game, and Covington averaged 12.8 points per game.  That would make up for Westbrook's lost points per game production.

Milwaukee would get Ingram, a #2 overall pick who has talent.

Philadelphia just lost Point Guard, Ish Smith, a few days ago.  D'Angelo Russell would be a good PG for Philadelphia to replace Smith. 

I wouldn't do that deal if I was the Bucks. I like Parker's fit with that team better than Ingram's. Parker is 6'8" 250lbs. He fits the modern day NBA 4-man. Kind of a Carmelo like forward. Adding Ingram to the Greek freak and Middleton gives you three guys that are all very thin. Parker balances those two perfectly.

Antetokounmpo is poised to break out big time this season. Parker will be fully recovered. Middleton is growing into a stud 6'8" SG. The Bucks won't only make the playoffs next season, but they may push for a Top 4 seed if everything comes together.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 07, 2016, 08:42:05 am
Is Porris any relation to Portis?

Oops.

The Bulls just trades Dunleavy to the Cavs. This may open up some room for Portis in that 2nd unit.