Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moses Kingsley Headed To Nike Basketball Academy Camp

Started by Hawg Red, June 29, 2016, 11:28:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

Bobby Portis came back from the Nike Big Man Camp and it seemed as if he had hit the next level in confidence and competitive fire. Hopefully this is the beginning of a huge senior year for Moses. I'm so appreciative of him coming back. I hope his game expands and he puts himself in position to get a guaranteed NBA deal, next draft. He could have taken a chance on the draft and then headed off for European money. He came back and I hope he is richly rewarded.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: k.c.hawg on June 29, 2016, 12:01:53 pm
Bobby Portis came back from the Nike Big Man Camp and it seemed as if he had hit the next level in confidence and competitive fire. Hopefully this is the beginning of a huge senior year for Moses. I'm so appreciative of him coming back. I hope his game expands and he puts himself in position to get a guaranteed NBA deal, next draft. He could have taken a chance on the draft and then headed off for European money. He came back and I hope he is richly rewarded.

Amen brother. Moses is very deserving. Has been a model Hog.

Big Nasty 34

If all the pieces fit together next year, watch out!

Cinco de Hogo

I wish Gafford had a year with Kingsley.  Is there going to be a stopgap between them?

Razorod

Wish Moses the very best and hope he has a good camp!
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 29, 2016, 01:45:22 pm
I wish Gafford had a year with Kingsley.  Is there going to be a stopgap between them?

Moses leaves after this season. Gafford will be in the next. So we will have the 5 position locked down for a while.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 29, 2016, 02:08:13 pm
Moses leaves after this season. Gafford will be in the next. So we will have the 5 position locked down for a while.

I realize that what I was thinking was that it would have been great if Gafford had at least a year with Kingsley but since he want is there another player on the team that can push him in practice or will we recruit one.  Thompson maybe or one of the 2016 recruits.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 29, 2016, 02:15:20 pm
I realize that what I was thinking was that it would have been great if Gafford had at least a year with Kingsley but since he want is there another player on the team that can push him in practice or will we recruit one.  Thompson maybe or one of the 2016 recruits.

I know what your'e saying. I think Portis played a big role in the improvement of Moses. Passing on some knowledge he was taught at the academy and although the same age mentoring Kingsley on how to play the game. Gafford would've benefited with a year of Moses taking him under his wing.

The_Iceman

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on June 29, 2016, 03:16:04 pm
I know what your'e saying. I think Portis played a big role in the improvement of Moses. Passing on some knowledge he was taught at the academy and although the same age mentoring Kingsley on how to play the game. Gafford would've benefited with a year of Moses taking him under his wing.

Considering the lineup he will have around him in 2017, I think Gafford will be fine. His focus will be on rebounding and defense, which are both SEC ready day one. His offense will have time to develop.

lynbug

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 29, 2016, 12:06:53 pm
Amen brother. Moses is very deserving. Has been a model Hog.

He has made remarkable improvement.  If he stays in position next year he should end up shooting quite a few free throws.  He needs some work on those.  Last year he started great at the line and ended up iffy.  He seemed to lose his composure at the line.  Hope that changes.

ShadowHawg

k.c.hawg

Quote from: ricepig on July 02, 2016, 11:21:30 am
https://twitter.com/Dedsports/status/749272904118902785

Wow!! What an honor. What a challenge, what an experience. Nothing in his senior year could have challenged him like this and shown him where he stacks up against quality college big men. Great news for Gafford, great news for Razorback MBB.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.