Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 16-17 AR Men's Basketball Roster

Started by RealHog, June 25, 2016, 04:11:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 01, 2016, 10:19:29 am
I understand you're probably being sarcastic, and I understand (and sympathize why) but with his recruiting going to way it's going, this might be the first time one could say that and be on really solid ground.

Still need to produce a good year this year.

MA is telling everyone who will listen that he has his players. And more are coming.
[CENSORED]!

The Hogfather

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 01, 2016, 11:26:39 am
MA is telling everyone who will listen that he has his players. And more are coming.

This is great news for the future, imo.

razorbackfan4life

Brachen Hazen reminds me of Chandler Parsons.  He can shoot really well from deep and drive to the hoop with ease. 

TheRazorback500

I feel CMA should go with a lineup of Barford, Macon, and Hannahs with Kingsley and Thompson down low and establish an inside-out game, working the ball around crisply and setting effective screens to get a good offensive rhythm going, which seems to increase shooting percentages. The extra practices and the trip to Spain will give him a chance to experiment with the lineup, establish some team chemistry, and work in Beard, Watkins, and the new forwards. We have experience, added shooting options, and have upgraded the depth and talent level. We'll see if Coach can put it all together.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

HogBreath

The starting 5 will be.....

1.  Moses
2.  Thomas or Cook
3.  Barford
4.  Hannahs
5.  Beard
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on July 01, 2016, 08:17:10 pm
Brachen Hazen reminds me of Chandler Parsons.  He can shoot really well from deep and drive to the hoop with ease.
Hazen will have to work on his ball handling a lot before he will be driving it to the hoop with ease at the college level. That is his biggest weakness on the offensive end right now.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

The_Iceman

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on July 01, 2016, 08:17:10 pm

Full game video of him from January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euvOtQ9d41o

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on July 01, 2016, 09:19:01 pm
I feel CMA should go with a lineup of Barford, Macon, and Hannahs with Kingsley and Thompson down low and establish an inside-out game, working the ball around crisply and setting effective screens to get a good offensive rhythm going, which seems to increase shooting percentages. The extra practices and the trip to Spain will give him a chance to experiment with the lineup, establish some team chemistry, and work in Beard, Watkins, and the new forwards. We have experience, added shooting options, and have upgraded the depth and talent level. We'll see if Coach can put it all together.

They may end the game together, but probably need Thompson on bench for height. Second unit would struggle rebounding most likely.

hogwood

Quote from: HogBreath on July 01, 2016, 09:37:31 pm

1.  Moses
2.  Thomas or Cook
3.  Barford
4.  Hannahs
5.  Beard

That's what I think as well. I think Beard plays a considerable role on this team next year.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on July 03, 2016, 11:29:47 am
They may end the game together, but probably need Thompson on bench for height. Second unit would struggle rebounding most likely.
Good point- maybe start the new forward that shows the best progress in pre-season work along with Kingsley (I'd guess Thomas because of his experience). Rebounding is going to be a key in our early season games with so many new players.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 01, 2016, 11:26:39 am

Looks like that may be the case.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hogwood on July 03, 2016, 02:42:19 pm
That's what I think as well. I think Beard plays a considerable role on this team next year.

May be, but if he does I think we're not in a good direction.

I liked Anton as a freshman.  He didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary, just be solid.  IMO that's his ceiling.  He lacks quickness and doesn't seem to have developed beyond what he showed as a frosh.

In an ideal world he would be the solid point on a second unit.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

HoopS

I don't see his ceiling as being tapped out. He missed too much last preseason to know if he's tapped out or not.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: HoopS on July 04, 2016, 11:37:43 am
I don't see his ceiling as being tapped out. He missed too much last preseason to know if he's tapped out or not.

You might be right.  I hope so.  I don't want to rag on the kid, because I do think he's a solid PG.  Hopefully a better off season will pay dividends for Mr. Beard.

HoopS

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 04, 2016, 02:51:57 pm
You might be right.  I hope so.  I don't want to rag on the kid, because I do think he's a solid PG.  Hopefully a better off season will pay dividends for Mr. Beard.
think it will. We will see.

Biggus Piggus

Daryl Macon is going to start, and it's not even close to in doubt. Just informing you.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: HogBreath on July 01, 2016, 09:37:31 pm

1.  Moses
2.  Thomas or Cook
3.  Barford
4.  Hannahs
5.  Beard

No. It will be Kingsley, Barford, Macon, Hannahs and one of the other forwards, to be determined.
[CENSORED]!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 07, 2016, 11:00:29 am
Daryl Macon is going to start, and it's not even close to in doubt. Just informing you.
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 07, 2016, 11:02:05 am
No. It will be Kingsley, Barford, Macon, Hannahs and one of the other forwards, to be determined.

Of course with Mike, who finishes the game and gets the most minutes usually means more than who starts.

From what I read on the latest practice report, you are right about Macon. Beard doesn't seem to be improving much, while Macon is providing defense and quickness with his added 10 pounds of muscle since arriving. Figuring out which forward will play along side the Big 4 (Macon, Hannahs, Barford, and Kingsley) will be an interesting battle. Cook, Thomas, Hazen, and Bailey all provide something a little different.

poloprince

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 07, 2016, 11:00:29 am

Can you Inform me more as to why you make this assertion?
$PoLoPrInCe$

The_Iceman

Quote from: poloprince on July 07, 2016, 11:08:16 am
Can you Inform me more as to why you make this assertion?

His defense in recent practices has been outstanding, along with him being one of the quickest players on the court, according to reports. He has added almost 10 pounds of muscle/strength. That to go along with his already skilled offensive game and being measured at 6'3", I think it is safe to say he will get major minutes this season.

Pig in the Pokey

Macon, Barford, Hannahs, Thomas, Kingsley. Thompson is going to have to be the back-up C.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

OnTheHillHogFan

Dustin Thomas will start and I don't think it is that close.
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

1hawgballer2

He's excited and to be honest I am as well. The BB talent pool in Arkansas is not only above average but in some cases exceptional  running deep for many years to come. Go Hawgs😎

redleg

So, could this be the depth chart?:
PG - Anton Beard, RJ Glasper
2G - Dusty Hannahs, Daryl Macon
3G - Jalen Barford, Manny Watkins, CJ Jones
F - Dustin Thomas, Adrio Bailey, Brachen Hazen
F/C - Moses Kingsley, Trey Thompson, Arlando Cook

A starting lineup of Beard, Hannahs, Barford, Thomas, and Kingsley sound pretty good.
What say you?
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

The_Iceman

Quote from: redleg on July 08, 2016, 09:24:34 am
So, could this be the depth chart?:
PG - Anton Beard, RJ Glasper
2G - Dusty Hannahs, Daryl Macon
3G - Jalen Barford, Manny Watkins, CJ Jones
F - Dustin Thomas, Adrio Bailey, Brachen Hazen
F/C - Moses Kingsley, Trey Thompson, Arlando Cook

A starting lineup of Beard, Hannahs, Barford, Thomas, and Kingsley sound pretty good.
What say you?

The more important factors over who starts in who finishes the games and which 5 players log the most minutes. Whether strategically Mike wants Macon starting or as a spark off the bench, he will be on of those top 5.

Big Nasty 34

Sounds like Macon may more than adequately replace Bell?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on July 08, 2016, 10:49:17 am
Sounds like Macon may more than adequately replace Bell?

I don't think he will match Bell's offensive production, but he will be a more well rounded player.

hogman99

Quote from: poloprince on June 25, 2016, 09:45:13 am
Easily this is the best offensive team MA has had, if they can come together defensively they will be tough to deal with.  :razorback:

Really? I must have missed all the games they have already played this year.

hogman99

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 26, 2016, 12:53:47 pm
If Trey goes with Moses who will back up Moses when he needs a break.

Good one, beat me to it.

OnTheHillHogFan

Barford will be the main guy handling the ball when he is on the floor. I would guess it will be Barford, Macon/Dusty and then Manny at the 3 guards to start the games at the beginning of the season. But to end the games I would bet it will be Barford, Macon and Hannahs.

1hawgballer2

Barford will be the main guy handling the ball when he is on the floor. I would guess it will be Barford, Macon/Dusty and then Manny at the 3 guards to start the games at the beginning of the season. But to end the games I would bet it will be Barford, Macon and Hannahs.

After watching Manny for three seasons I feel comfortable in saying he is a borderline D1 player. His defense is just above average and his offensive skills are below average, I doubt with the talent/skill sets around him, Manny want be dictating anything as it relates to playing time.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: ricolacey on July 24, 2016, 12:00:08 pm

After watching Manny for three seasons I feel comfortable in saying he is a borderline D1 player. His defense is just above average and his offensive skills are below average, I doubt with the talent/skill sets around him, Manny want be dictating anything as it relates to playing time.

Must not know CMA very well then.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: ricolacey on July 24, 2016, 12:00:08 pm

Manny willl play because he is an overachiever. He is tough and hustles his butt off. Getting caught up in potential most often kills a team. Manny plays very close to his full potential which you have rightfully identified. But teams need guys like this to set examples.

Daryl Hawkins had a lot to do with out NC even though he had graduated. He was a guy who over achieved and set the standard of hard work for our NC team by his example and leadership. Never sleep on desire and commitment to give it all you have. It's contagious.