Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kapita

Started by ricepig, June 17, 2016, 12:59:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Hawg Red

He will never play college basketball. He's hitting all the usual suspects (Larry Brown, Mark Gottfried, etc.).

ADavisTheGOAT

He should just sign that overseas contract already.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

King Kong

I wish he could have got eligible here

husker71

He will help somebody if allowed to play that is for sure   there is some talent there

HogBreath

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 17, 2016, 01:19:54 pm
He will never play college basketball. He's hitting all the usual suspects (Larry Brown, Mark Gottfried, etc.).
Don't forget about Coach Mike.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HogBreath on June 17, 2016, 10:03:11 pm
Don't forget about Coach Mike.

Hadn't this time around which is what the point of the comment was. Only the sleaziest are still trying to get this kid eligible. Coach Mike let him go a long time ago.

Why don't you go back to your Missouri board anyway? Oh yeah, that's because they suck!

psooie

The 40 Year Old Freshmen?

HOGINTENNESSEE

This is the 6'8+ 240+ Guy my favorite poster have been asking for

mizzouman

Guy is raw but has a lot of upside.  Playing overseas or in the Dev league will not make him better.  This is a kid who, in my opinion, should do what it takes to get into college and get his game together.  If he goes pro now, he'll never make it.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: mizzouman on June 20, 2016, 08:13:18 am
Guy is raw but has a lot of upside.  Playing overseas or in the Dev league will not make him better.  This is a kid who, in my opinion, should do what it takes to get into college and get his game together.  If he goes pro now, he'll never make it.

Obviously test scores are not his problem or he could have at least gone juco. He needs to go pro somewhere because he ain't gonna get eligible if the cheaters at SMU can't get the job done.

Hogimus Prime

If it was just a test score he'd be a Razorback.

rzrbackramsfan

He's secretly a woman.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ShadowHawg on June 20, 2016, 09:23:14 am
Obviously test scores are not his problem or he could have at least gone juco. He needs to go pro somewhere because he ain't gonna get eligible if the cheaters at SMU can't get the job done.

Well he is still visiting college's like NC State. I'm not sure of his situation, but it's close enough that teams keep paying for him to visit.

Hawg Red

HogBreath

Quote from: ShadowHawg on June 18, 2016, 02:53:50 am
Hadn't this time around which is what the point of the comment was. Only the sleaziest are still trying to get this kid eligible. Coach Mike let him go a long time ago.

Why don't you go back to your Missouri board anyway? Oh yeah, that's because they suck!
Shadow is the perfect name for you, since you're in the dark about everything.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HogBreath on June 20, 2016, 09:24:16 pm
Shadow is the perfect name for you, since you're in the dark about everything.

I predict bitterness and gloom for you this basketball season as the program takes a big step forward toward both immediate and sustained success.

I seriously doubt you will be here cheering them on as it happens. Maybe Mizzou can get to .500 this year for you. :razorback:

HogBreath

Quote from: ShadowHawg on June 21, 2016, 01:42:58 am
I predict bitterness and gloom for you this basketball season as the program takes a big step forward toward both immediate and sustained success.

I seriously doubt you will be here cheering them on as it happens. Maybe Mizzou can get to .500 this year for you. :razorback:
It appears you are more than slightly confused about a number of things.

ricepig

The_Iceman

FineAsSwine

Glad this is someone else's problem. He's gonna be a 30 year old freshman by the time NCAA gets this figured out. He should just go pro, international ball or whatever.

http://www.todaysu.com/acc/nc-state-wolfpack/gottfried-preparing-play-season-without-yurteven-kapita/

RALEIGH — NC State is at the mercy of the NCAA and that's going to affect how it prepares for the upcoming season.
Two of the Wolfpack's potential rotation players —  freshmen Omer Yurtseven and Ted Kapita — have yet to be cleared for the 2016-17 campaign and Mark Gottfried is readying his team for battle under the assumption that they may not be eligible to play.
"We've spent a lot of time in practice with those guys apart from the five or six that we're getting ready to use," Gottfried said of Yurtseven and Kapita. "We've also spent some time with those guys in the mix with our top guys because both Omer and Ted are two of our top seven or eight players."

hogwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 15, 2016, 08:36:32 am
Glad this is someone else's problem. He's gonna be a 30 year old freshman by the time NCAA gets this figured out. He should just go pro, international ball or whatever.

http://www.todaysu.com/acc/nc-state-wolfpack/gottfried-preparing-play-season-without-yurteven-kapita/

RALEIGH — NC State is at the mercy of the NCAA and that's going to affect how it prepares for the upcoming season.
Two of the Wolfpack's potential rotation players —  freshmen Omer Yurtseven and Ted Kapita — have yet to be cleared for the 2016-17 campaign and Mark Gottfried is readying his team for battle under the assumption that they may not be eligible to play.
"We've spent a lot of time in practice with those guys apart from the five or six that we're getting ready to use," Gottfried said of Yurtseven and Kapita. "We've also spent some time with those guys in the mix with our top guys because both Omer and Ted are two of our top seven or eight players."

Really unfortunate for those kids. I really liked Kapita and he looked so good as a recruit and potential Hog baller. I sure hope he can still forge a basketball career and find a way to get an education.

JenksHawg

Quote from: ricepig on June 17, 2016, 12:59:30 pm
Of course, we knew he wouldn't land at SMU, but......

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/743861696641531904

And if Nolan wouldn't have left we would have signed Andre Iguodola....

hoglady

You would have thought the NCAA could have gotten this figured out one way or another by now.
Looks like a situation just bogged down in a quagmire of red tape.
Obviously, Kapita wants to play college ball instead of going overseas - but that may not ever happen.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: JenksHawg on October 16, 2016, 08:15:06 am
And if Nolan wouldn't have left we would have signed Andre Iguodola....

We did sign Andre. However we release him

Amityvillehogger

Hate it for the kids that get wrapped up in this NCAA mess. Gotta take care of business in the classroom. Rid yourself of the potentials.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005