Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pay raise for Anderson?

Started by ricepig, June 16, 2016, 03:59:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: mbgrulz on June 20, 2016, 03:41:45 pm
Dumbest thing I've heard all day. Giving Mike a raise shows were serious about basketball.

Giving a raise to a coach who just led his team to a .500 season is not showing that we're serious about basketball.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HogBreath

Quote from: HoopS on June 20, 2016, 03:10:00 pm
I have seen exactly one place even talking about it. Hogville. You primarily. I don't think the rest of the country is laughing about it. They understand how college athletics and coaching works. Now, I get that we didn't have a great season and based off that alone, I agree that you wouldn't give a raise for that. But things are often deeper than that. And this is a non-topic everywhere except right here and you should be happy to know that you seem to lead the way in being upset with this. This is a meh subject. He still needs to do well next season.
Very good points here...it's not really a big deal at all.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: GuvHog on June 20, 2016, 01:13:21 pm
I've been on SS disability for 10 years, unfortunately.

I can see then why you might not like to see other people get raises except in extraordinary circumstances.

HoopS

Again, Guv, I understand. And I have been baffled over the years about coaching contracts. Things go on beyond what we all know. There may be raises already written into his contract for all we know. I just simply wouldn't sweat it. Nor would I make much of it if he "earns a raise" with this next team but doesn't get it. Just my viewpoint on it.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: GuvHog on June 20, 2016, 03:48:31 pm
Giving a raise to a coach who just led his team to a .500 season is not showing that we're serious about basketball.

Turns out, Guv, that the media completely misunderstood Anderson's contract. He did not get a raise. Not at all.
[CENSORED]!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 20, 2016, 08:01:36 pm
Turns out, Guv, that the media completely misunderstood Anderson's contract. He did not get a raise. Not at all.
And worked his ass off to get them to .500.  What a damn nightmare of a season!

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 20, 2016, 08:01:36 pm

So, the media is as confused as Guv?

ShadowHawg

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 20, 2016, 08:22:11 pm
So, the media is as confused as Guv?
Who should be more insulted by this remark?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 20, 2016, 08:32:55 pm
Who should be more insulted by this remark?

This thread is turning into comedy gold!

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 17, 2016, 11:48:44 am
As the league's TV revenue continues to rise, you can't hold coaches' salaries flat. You also can't send an inadvertent message about the status of your head coach, while you're playing games with compensation. If you don't want to make your coach look vulnerable at a critical moment in the recruiting cycle -- which would affect multiple years' recruiting -- of course you have to update his pay package to stay competitive with the rest of the SEC.

Already made the decision about who's the coach. It's complete crap to consider putting your coach on the hot seat just to appease some agitated boosters. If a change is not obvious, you stay committed. If a change is obvious, make the change.
If the BB program is not going places the AD wants it to go and revenue increases then maybe the AD should spend the additional revenue on facilities to make it better for the student athletes and recruiting but not on an under achieving coach.

mizzouman

If you do not like the fact that a coach got a raise, fans can do something about that.  Stop contributing.  Stop buying tickets.

Otherwise, let it go.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 17, 2016, 11:18:32 am
So you think he deserves a raise?  I am in the camp that you have to actually win something like a SECC or go deep into the NCAAT before you get a bump in salary. I say keep the salary and incentives in play.  $2.5M+ incentives is not a bad wage.
That's a nice, cozy little world to live in but not how it works. Market value is market value. I'm pretty sure CBB wouldn't have stayed here if he waas paid some idiot low-ball sum during the re-build. Seems likely that MA would want his fair market value, not have his salary based on "You MUST finish 1st out of 14 teams or you get nada". Just a dumb camp to be in, imo.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

FineAsSwine

If we have a hell of a year this upcoming season, give him some more money for sure.