Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 03:46:59 pm

FBI??

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 06, 2017, 06:26:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

Per Jimmy Dykes: "you will be surprised at how many people will be held out from the first game of the season in the NCAA"
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

Fan701

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 06, 2017, 06:26:55 pm
https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/927692865874153473 One of Alabama's top players held out of exhibition game
The assistant at Alabama who got fired was caught paying Sexton's family, I think, so I would be surprised if their star recruit ever sees the court.  When the FBI is finished with it, the SEC might not be as tough a league as expected. Let's face it, a lot of these teams in the SEC that have suddenly got rosters full of five star players cheated to get there and will now pay the price.

BannerMountainMan

HognitiveDissonance

I posted this the day after the FBI announcement was made, and the Alabama coach was fired. But it bears repeating.

There is NO WAY Alabama had time to do a thorough investigation of any questionable practices in ONE DAY's time. The FBI press conference occurred, and the very next day the Bama coach was on the street.

There is no other conclusion other than that this coach's activity was ALREADY KNOWN and the only reason he lost his job was to stay ahead of the wolves. In other words, if there were no FBI announcement of charges, the coach would still be there. He was sacrificed. It is preposterous to claim that the school, in light of the FBI's presser, suddenly decided to do a thorough vetting of its practices and uncovered this guy's activities, all in a 24-hour period.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on November 07, 2017, 03:44:57 pm
I posted this the day after the FBI announcement was made, and the Alabama coach was fired. But it bears repeating.

There is NO WAY Alabama had time to do a thorough investigation of any questionable practices in ONE DAY’s time. The FBI press conference occurred, and the very next day the Bama coach was on the street.

There is no other conclusion other than that this coach’s activity was ALREADY KNOWN and the only reason he lost his job was to stay ahead of the wolves. In other words, if there were no FBI announcement of charges, the coach would still be there. He was sacrificed. It is preposterous to claim that the school, in light of the FBI’s presser, suddenly decided to do a thorough vetting of its practices and uncovered this guy’s activities, all in a 24-hour period.

I don't think it would be a complicated conversation.

Bama: Uh FBI report just came out and you are in there. Did you do any shady stuff at all?

Coach: Yeah, sorry.

Bama: Well, bye.

Fan701

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on November 07, 2017, 03:44:57 pm

There is NO WAY Alabama had time to do a thorough investigation of any questionable practices in ONE DAY's time. The FBI press conference occurred, and the very next day the Bama coach was on the street.

There is no other conclusion other than that this coach's activity was ALREADY KNOWN and the only reason he lost his job was to stay ahead of the wolves. In other words, if there were no FBI announcement of charges, the coach would still be there. He was sacrificed. It is preposterous to claim that the school, in light of the FBI's presser, suddenly decided to do a thorough vetting of its practices and uncovered this guy's activities, all in a 24-hour period.
Exactly, there's about zero doubt that both Alabama schools were cheating and will have some of their best players declared ineligible.  I'm inclined to think the hammer will come down on Mississippi State, too.  Ole Miss could get collateral damage from the Josh Pastner situation since they took on Markel Crawford an apparently Pastner-tainted transfer from Memphis.  BTW, did Pastner learn his craft from Calipari?  I don't doubt that Calipari pays players, e. g., Malik Monk, but I think Cal has it down to a science where there are layers of distance between him and the skullduggery and lots of plausible deniability.  But we'll see.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on November 07, 2017, 05:22:32 pm

Bama: Uh FBI report just came out and you are in there. Did you do any shady stuff at all?

My thought as well. I'm betting these guilty parties are a wee more concerned with the FBI coming at them as opposed to the gutless, toothless, NCAA

micali

Sounds like Bruce Pearl is in deep crap.  He's not wanting to talk with the schools legal team about what went on. It's just time and he's done.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Adam Stokes on November 07, 2017, 05:22:32 pm

I thought that only four coaches were named in the FBI press conference.
I may be wrong.
That's what I based my opinion on. The Bama coach wasn't named, yet he suddenly was out the next day.

brenthog

Buckle your seatbelts! Buckle your seatbelts! Buckle your seatbelts!

azhog10

Looks like Sexton is only sitting the first game. Not ruled ineligible by NCAA.