Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bigfoot

Started by Hawgon, January 20, 2012, 09:35:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

badbrad

Quote from: David† on November 11, 2012, 04:02:07 pm
how about the fact that; THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BIGFOOT!!

Of all the crap spewed in this thread about Bigfoot that verge takes issue with is wether or not a panther can scream???
BS is BS, no matter which way you cut it or what it's about....

tophawg19

verge that is a lie . i have heard them on several occasions . it isn't a house cat. your ignorance is funny though. and up close it's a sound that will chill your blood . several times we also found tracks in creek bottoms where he had followed us while we were dragging deer . that sound is one you can't forget .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

LSUFan

I've been through every swamp south of I-10 in Louisiana, I've eaten everything that crawls, walks, climbs, hops, slithers, flys, or swims there.

The old folks don't talk about them, and I've never seen one or evidence thereof in my 43 years.

FWIW.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

badbrad

Quote from: LSUFan on November 11, 2012, 06:57:19 pm
I've been through every swamp south of I-10 in Louisiana, I've eaten everything that crawls, walks, climbs, hops, slithers, flys, or swims there.

The old folks don't talk about them, and I've never seen one or evidence thereof in my 43 years.

FWIW.
^^^THIS^^^

CampuspostmanHOG

King TUSKankahamun

If we are gonna talk about screams, I once heard one and I swore it was a BF, Been in the woods all my life and havent heard anything like it before or since. There is no way to describe this sound, it sounded like a lunatic running the hills holler at nothing. It was loud Then my 82 year old uncle explained to me that panthers make that sound when they are juveniles and only develop the "woman scream" when are fully matured.
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

LSUFan

Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on November 11, 2012, 08:57:06 pm
If we are gonna talk about screams, I once heard one and I swore it was a BF, Been in the woods all my life and havent heard anything like it before or since. There is no way to describe this sound, it sounded like a lunatic running the hills holler at nothing. It was loud Then my 82 year old uncle explained to me that panthers make that sound when they are juveniles and only develop the "woman scream" when are fully matured.
I have a keen sense of smell, I can smell deer, squirrles, and rabbits in the woods, I've never smelled anything like a skunk ape

David†

New Finding Bigfoot on right now. Awesome!

panhandlepig

I know I shouldn't be invading this forum too, as I don't hunt, but I do fish..but here's my theory about Bigfoot.  I doubt they exist, but I kind of hope they do. If they do exist, I hope no human ever finds them.  Go Sasquatch!

clutch

I hear all kinds of weird noises in the woods. Never once have I though, that was a bigfoot.

One time we were hunting in Monticello and I swear I heard a monkey. It was the absolute strangest sound I'd ever heard in the woods. I sat there scratching my head trying to figure out what it was when I hear something running towards me. Next thing I see is my buddy I'm hunting with high tailing it back to the truck. He had no idea where I had hung my stand and never knew I saw him run through. His eyes were as big as silver dollars, his bow was in one hand, and his backpack was on his back. He came blazing through there in his muck boots and I swear he would have been running a sub 4.4 forty.

When I got back to the truck I asked him if he'd seen anything. He just said no and never mentioned how he hauled ass out of the woods or the noise. A few hours later I asked him if he heard a strange noise that day. He just said yeah and played it cool like nothing ever happened. It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. Never could figure out what it was though.

rickm1976

Quote from: clutch on November 11, 2012, 09:40:21 pm
I hear all kinds of weird noises in the woods. Never once have I though, that was a bigfoot.

One time we were hunting in Monticello and I swear I heard a monkey. It was the absolute strangest sound I'd ever heard in the woods. I sat there scratching my head trying to figure out what it was when I hear something running towards me. Next thing I see is my buddy I'm hunting with high tailing it back to the truck. He had no idea where I had hung my stand and never knew I saw him run through. His eyes were as big as silver dollars, his bow was in one hand, and his backpack was on his back. He came blazing through there in his muck boots and I swear he would have been running a sub 4.4 forty.

When I got back to the truck I asked him if he'd seen anything. He just said no and never mentioned how he hauled ass out of the woods or the noise. A few hours later I asked him if he heard a strange noise that day. He just said yeah and played it cool like nothing ever happened. It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. Never could figure out what it was though.

You ought to hear a fox.  If someone heard one out in the woods at night and didn't know it was a fox, they would swear that it was a 10' tall banshee, zombie, alien, or some kind of monster.  The little boogers can make some of the most frightening sounds you have ever heard, and no two of them sound alike.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: David† on November 11, 2012, 09:21:34 pm
New Finding Bigfoot on right now. Awesome!

Didn't figure they'd find him this episode...would ruin the rest of the season!

Really surprised the rave in the woods didn't work...I hear them squatches can really cut a rug!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Verge

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 11, 2012, 06:36:23 pm
verge that is a lie . i have heard them on several occasions . it isn't a house cat. your ignorance is funny though. and up close it's a sound that will chill your blood . several times we also found tracks in creek bottoms where he had followed us while we were dragging deer . that sound is one you can't forget .

Oh that's a lie is it?

So you have heard noises in the woods from unknown creatures, and you attribute that to something you haven't even seen. Despite that, you then claim that people who have spent years following tagged animals studying and filming them are lying.

Jesus Christ! No wonder you people believe in bigfoot.

Verge

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 12, 2012, 07:27:51 am

Really surprised the rave in the woods didn't work...I hear them squatches can really cut a rug!

Can't find something that doesn't exist. Better luck looking for Loch Ness Monster, or a jurassic park hidden on some island.

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: LSUFan on November 11, 2012, 09:06:36 pm
I have a keen sense of smell, I can smell deer, squirrles, and rabbits in the woods, I've never smelled anything like a skunk ape

And I have the inate ability to smell BS
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

LSUFan

If there was a BF, I'm sure we would have waived his immigration requirements by now and would have him on food stamps

Huckleberry Pig

joined the arkansas hunting site, that thread is pure gold.  actually some very interesting reads.  ex-trumpet i saw you got in on the action

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 12, 2012, 02:44:11 pm
joined the arkansas hunting site, that thread is pure gold.  actually some very interesting reads.  ex-trumpet i saw you got in on the action

Couldn't pass it up!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: LSUFan on November 12, 2012, 01:37:48 pm
If there was a BF, I'm sure we would have waived his immigration requirements by now and would have him on food stamps

I think LSU had a couple on the line a few years back...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Verge on November 12, 2012, 10:01:16 am
Can't find something that doesn't exist. Better luck looking for Loch Ness Monster, or a jurassic park hidden on some island.

"Finding Nessie" is next season!  :)

LSUFan

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 12, 2012, 06:21:00 pm
I think LSU had a couple on the line a few years back...
We got 4 in the backfield this year, they call 'em the 4 horsemen.

David†

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 12, 2012, 07:27:51 am

He is a heck if a dancer.

They will find him in the last episode, no doubt.

Ex-Trumpet

Rzbakfromwaybak

Funny TV show.  They just need to change the name, ....from "Finding Bigfoot"......

To......"Finding Bullsh**"

Never ceases to amaze me, on the information these Bigfoot experts tell us about their research on Bigfoot.  They claim to know how they communicate,  & what kind of sounds they make while communicating (beating on trees with a stick), what they eat (deer), how they think, how intelligent they are, etc.  Yet to my knowledge.....nobody has really seen them beating on trees with a stick, there have been no captives to study, no real video studying their habits, or dead ones to examine.  Without any real evidence, this is amazing research.

Since Bigfoot is so smart.......how long before "BoBo" (Bozo) or Matt "Moneymaker" (perfect name) claim that they believe the Squatch's sometime steal cars to migrate to remote areas with......but usually only those with either push button gears, or short gear shifts on the column & automatic transmissions ......(any vehicles with longer, stick floor shifts are usually rendered useless.... after the Squatch jerks the stick shift out of the floor & takes it to the nearest tree to beat on)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

CPO Hog

I saw a bigfoot yesterday off the south side of Hwy 70/71 near De Queen. Had a car load of distractions, so I don't remeber which side of De Queen it was. From a glance, it looked like a cutout from a sheet of plywood of a walking Big Foot, painted black. It about 30 yard down a wooded lane. It made me do a double take, then I was past it.

flynhog

November 26, 2012, 09:20:18 am #275 Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:31:33 am by flynhog
Thanks to Ex-Trumpet posted the link to this article. 

Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 24, 2012

A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called "Bigfoot" or "Sasquatch," living in North America. Researchers' extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.
The study was conducted by a team of experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology, led by Dr. Melba S. Ketch um of Nacogdoches, TX. In response to recent interest in the study, Dr. Ketch um can confirm that her team has sequenced 3 complete Sasquatch nuclear genomes and determined the species is a human hybrid:
"Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.
Hominins are members of the taxonomic grouping Hominini, which includes all members of the genus Homo. Genetic testing has already ruled out Homo neanderthalis and the Denisova hominin as contributors to Sasquatch mtDNA or nuDNA. "The male progenitor that contributed the unknown sequence to this hybrid is unique as its DNA is more distantly removed from humans than other recently discovered hominins like the Denisovan individual," explains Ketch um.
"Sasquatch nuclear DNA is incredibly novel and not at all what we had expected. While it has human nuclear DNA within its genome, there are also distinctly non-human, non-archaic hominin, and non-ape sequences. We describe it as a mosaic of human and novel non-human sequence. Further study is needed and is ongoing to better characterize and understand Sasquatch nuclear DNA."
Ketch um is a veterinarian whose professional experience includes 27 years of research in genetics, including forensics. Early in her career she also practiced veterinary medicine, and she has previously been published as a participant in mapping the equine genome. She began testing the DNA of purported Sasquatch hair samples 5 years ago.
Ketch um calls on public officials and law enforcement to immediately recognize the Sasquatch as an indigenous people:
"Genetically, the Sasquatch are a human hybrid with unambiguously modern human maternal ancestry. Government at all levels must recognize them as an indigenous people and immediately protect their human and Constitutional rights against those who would see in their physical and cultural differences a 'license' to hunt, trap, or kill them."
Full details of the study will be presented in the near future when the study manuscript publishes.
###
Dr. Ketch um is available for interview or to answer further questions about the Sasquatch genome study and associated research on novel contemporary hominins at media(at)dnadiagnostics(dot)com

:) :) :) :)Proof Wookies existed long, long ago and beautiful women loved them.  and loved them. and loved them. ;) ;) ;)

Since it is proven scientifically that bigfoot is real and technically human on the most basic level, can't we go search the Ozarks for Arkansas home grown bigfoots (or is it bigfeet?) to play on our O and D line?  We could lead the nation in equal rights for these now recognized human types!

Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

rickm1976

Quote from: flynhog on November 26, 2012, 09:20:18 am

:) :) :) :)Proof Wookies existed long, long ago and beautiful women loved them.  and loved them. and loved them. ;) ;) ;)

Since it is proven scientifically that bigfoot is real and technically human on the most basic level, can't we go search the Ozarks for Arkansas home grown bigfoots (or is it bigfeet?) to play on our O and D line?  We could lead the nation in equal rights for these now recognized human types!

If it can be proven they are essentially human, I'm sure we can find a way to get their GED, and get them academically eligible.  NCAA rules can be circumvented if you know what you're doing.  For the right money, we could probably hire someone from the Auburn athletic dept. who could help us out with that.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: flynhog on November 26, 2012, 09:20:18 am

Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 24, 2012

A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called "Bigfoot" or "Sasquatch," living in North America. Researchers' extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.
The study was conducted by a team of experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology, led by Dr. Melba S. Ketch um of Nacogdoches, TX. In response to recent interest in the study, Dr. Ketch um can confirm that her team has sequenced 3 complete Sasquatch nuclear genomes and determined the species is a human hybrid:
"Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.
Hominins are members of the taxonomic grouping Hominini, which includes all members of the genus Homo. Genetic testing has already ruled out Homo neanderthalis and the Denisova hominin as contributors to Sasquatch mtDNA or nuDNA. "The male progenitor that contributed the unknown sequence to this hybrid is unique as its DNA is more distantly removed from humans than other recently discovered hominins like the Denisovan individual," explains Ketch um.
"Sasquatch nuclear DNA is incredibly novel and not at all what we had expected. While it has human nuclear DNA within its genome, there are also distinctly non-human, non-archaic hominin, and non-ape sequences. We describe it as a mosaic of human and novel non-human sequence. Further study is needed and is ongoing to better characterize and understand Sasquatch nuclear DNA."
Ketch um is a veterinarian whose professional experience includes 27 years of research in genetics, including forensics. Early in her career she also practiced veterinary medicine, and she has previously been published as a participant in mapping the equine genome. She began testing the DNA of purported Sasquatch hair samples 5 years ago.
Ketch um calls on public officials and law enforcement to immediately recognize the Sasquatch as an indigenous people:
"Genetically, the Sasquatch are a human hybrid with unambiguously modern human maternal ancestry. Government at all levels must recognize them as an indigenous people and immediately protect their human and Constitutional rights against those who would see in their physical and cultural differences a 'license' to hunt, trap, or kill them."
Full details of the study will be presented in the near future when the study manuscript publishes.
###
Dr. Ketch um is available for interview or to answer further questions about the Sasquatch genome study and associated research on novel contemporary hominins at media(at)dnadiagnostics(dot)com

Well, no reason for the "Bigfoot People" to remain hiding in the woods any longer, hunting for food, etc.  May as well come on out, act civilized & sign up for food stamps & unemployment.  Some may even qualify for government jobs.

Verge

Have a feeling the peer review is going to decimate that PR....I mean study.

GreenwayTigerHog

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on November 26, 2012, 10:48:44 pm
Well, no reason for the "Bigfoot People" to remain hiding in the woods any longer, hunting for food, etc.  May as well come on out, act civilized & sign up for food stamps & unemployment.  Some may even qualify for government jobs.

I would expect them to be like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

Hawgon

I think if there is a bigfoot, it is probably closer to human than ape and might just be darned near as intelligent as we are.  That would explain how it has remained relatively hidden all the years. 

If the study holds up, my candidate for the hybridization would be Homo Heidleberginis (sp?).  Anyway, that species was much like Neanderthals only much taller.  Scientists say that there were isolated groups of that species that averaged over 7 feet tall and that they were much more muscular than we are.

Hawgon

One more thing, and I'll leave it at this because I know how some of you will react.  But go and read Genesis 6.  It talks about unknown hominids mating with human females and creating "giants".  These creatures could be the degerated offspring of these creatures that eventually became outcasts.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Verge on November 27, 2012, 06:35:53 am
Have a feeling the peer review is going to decimate that PR....I mean study.

Most likely.  "Unknown hominin species?"  Interesting read nonetheless...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hawgon on November 27, 2012, 09:22:54 am
One more thing, and I'll leave it at this because I know how some of you will react.  But go and read Genesis 6.  It talks about unknown hominids mating with human females and creating "giants".  These creatures could be the degerated offspring of these creatures that eventually became outcasts.

Nephilim...that word has been interpreted many ways over the years--from demons to descendants of Seth.

Hawgon

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 27, 2012, 11:49:32 am
Nephilim...that word has been interpreted many ways over the years--from demons to descendants of Seth.

I know, I'm just pointing out that there is some Biblical backing for the genetic assertion that at some point, something not quite human, bred with human females and that the resulting offspring were giants.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Wonder if those scientists.... thought to check those "Squatch hair samples".......

Against those on some of the Ghillie suits??

Might be a ...."HomininGhillie"....back from, about 5 years ago.....born at Cabela's...

Verge

http://www.skepticblog.org/2012/11/26/bigfoot-dna/

As I thought. Story is complete BS like every other.

Verge

Quote from: Hawgon on November 27, 2012, 11:57:29 am
I know, I'm just pointing out that there is some Biblical backing for the genetic assertion that at some point, something not quite human, bred with human females and that the resulting offspring were giants.

Lets quote a book written by ancient man about a mythical being in reference to another mythical being. Lol. Do you look for mermaids out on the lake?

Hawgon

Quote from: Verge on November 29, 2012, 06:30:29 am
http://www.skepticblog.org/2012/11/26/bigfoot-dna/

As I thought. Story is complete BS like every other.

How is it complete BS?  Your link doesn't say it is false, it says that it is difficult to speculate too much until the peer review is done, and then goes on a tear speculating as to how the study and the preliminary conclusions are flawed.

You see, to a rational person, "complete BS" = there is no study and this was a made up news report.  It doesn't mean I don't agree with their conclusions even though I haven't seen the study, know nothing of its contents or the way it was conducted, and will jump all over it before the peer review is even complete.

Hawgon

Quote from: Verge on November 29, 2012, 06:31:49 am
Lets quote a book written by ancient man about a mythical being in reference to another mythical being. Lol. Do you look for mermaids out on the lake?

Oh, and one more thing.  I understand that you don't believe in the Bible.  That is okay, I understand that.  But please, don't ridicule it.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hawgon on November 29, 2012, 01:16:54 pm
Oh, and one more thing.  I understand that you don't believe in the Bible.  That is okay, I understand that.  But please, don't ridicule it.

Meh...If Verge didn't find all this interesting or intriguing, he wouldn't even bother posting--or reading--here!

Pudgepork

Quote from: Hawgon on November 27, 2012, 08:38:35 am
I think if there is a bigfoot, it is probably closer to human than ape and might just be darned near as intelligent as we are.  That would explain how it has remained relatively hidden all the years. 

If the study holds up, my candidate for the hybridization would be Homo Heidleberginis (sp?).  Anyway, that species was much like Neanderthals only much taller.  Scientists say that there were isolated groups of that species that averaged over 7 feet tall and that they were much more muscular than we are.

by 'we are',  do you mean people who read hogville?  or just humans in general?  there has to be a huge IQ cache drop when most click to enter hogville

Verge

Quote from: Hawgon on November 29, 2012, 10:36:06 am
How is it complete BS?  Your link doesn't say it is false, it says that it is difficult to speculate too much until the peer review is done, and then goes on a tear speculating as to how the study and the preliminary conclusions are flawed.

You see, to a rational person, "complete BS" = there is no study and this was a made up news report.  It doesn't mean I don't agree with their conclusions even though I haven't seen the study, know nothing of its contents or the way it was conducted, and will jump all over it before the peer review is even complete.

Because if it was real it would be published in a journal by now, but I'm guessing it never is.

It's bs dude, there is no logical explanation for this Bigfoot junk.

Hawgon

Quote from: Verge on December 03, 2012, 02:15:23 pm
Because if it was real it would be published in a journal by now, but I'm guessing it never is.

It's bs dude, there is no logical explanation for this Bigfoot junk.

Published in a journal before the peer review is completed?  Are you high or did you even bother to read the link you posted?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Hawgon on December 03, 2012, 06:18:08 pm
Published in a journal before the peer review is completed?  Are you high or did you even bother to read the link you posted?

Verge is just a hot headed contrarian. It's his thing.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Verge

Quote from: Hawgon on December 03, 2012, 06:18:08 pm

It's not going to be published because nobody else will put thier name on it. Did you read my other posts before trying to sound smart.

Also the dude who believes in magical beings and unknown apes calling somebody else high?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 10, 2012, 09:01:52 pm
My favorite thing I've seen on that show was one of them was talking about how Bigfoot preys on deer. The woman asked why they didn't prey on cattle and Moneymaker said it was because the Bigfoots knew it would anger the humans and if the people were angry, they would hunt the Bigfoots.

Not much gets by Moneymaker...that dude's sharp!

hogginbama

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 11, 2012, 12:30:25 pm
If nothing else, he's aptly named. Thanks to the show, they now lead "expeditions" looking for Bigfoot that are open to the general public. Prices range from $300-500 per person.

Heck, folks are making money by voting for Obama and sitting at home collecting their checks. So why shouldn't these folks make some cash by supporting a fraud?
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: hogginbama on December 12, 2012, 01:40:59 am
Heck, folks are making money by voting for Obama and sitting at home collecting their checks. So why shouldn't these folks make some cash by supporting a fraud?

Exactly, that's what our politicians do

lumphog

Quote from: David† on November 07, 2012, 01:58:19 pm
What about the timber wolves? Are they there too? Wolverines?
I saw awolf in the St. Francis NWR about 35yrs ago & he!! no it wasn't a coyote. I've seen them too. It was 10 ft from me & wanted to eat me. I've seen cougars there too. I've spent ALOT of time in the woods & KNOW what I saw.