Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Arkansas Pop Warner

Started by COWPOKENHAWG, July 02, 2010, 09:05:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

COWPOKENHAWG

Hello Everybody. I am the head coach of the Central Arkansas Midget Tiger football team (North Little Rock).  If your son is interested in playing football and is located in the Central Arkansas area, please visit our website below. Over the last three years our league has grown to include over 8 different teams throughout central Arkansas. We are striving to compete on the national level. For those unfamiliar with the Pop Warner System, a player must follow strict academic and weight standards. Unlike school programs, Pop Warner has a playoff system that starts at the local level and ends at the National Championship in Orlando Florida. We have teams for ages 5-15. If anyone is interested please visit the website, or email me at nlrtigerfootball@hotmail.com

www.capwfl.com
"This your bush, you king of the forest"

2FNFST4U

Pop Warner sucks plain and simple. We played while in Florida and would watch kids not eat for 2 days to make weight then gorge carbs and power drinks between weigh in and the game, all so they could play down in class and try to be the better player rather than playing their own age. Sorry but 13 year olds shouldn't be trying to lose 5 pounds between Thursday and Saturday and then playing in 95 degree temps.

If your kid grows at a young and weighs to much he can't play at all. I would gladly take the grade based leagues over Pop Warner any day.

COWPOKENHAWG

I have heard stories like this before. I have never witnessed this in my years associated with Pop Warner football. But with everything, I am sure there are a few bad apples. I won't dispute that we use an age-weight matrix. Some people like the fact that their 13 year old 120lb kid won't play against a 210 pound 15 year old. It is just what the parents want out of their childs youth football association. As for our particular youth football league, we provide football to kids who don't get the chance to play. There are twenty or thirty charter and private schools in central arkansas that don't participate in football. We provide the kids with an avenue to football. My best example is a 15 year old kid who is playing for me this year. He has attended a charter school for the past eight years and has only played soccer. His first day of practice, he was hitting 35 yard field goals. Yesterday, I pushed him back to five yards passed that and he was hitting 75%. Had that kid not played for our league, he would have never known his capabilites. His parents are now looking for a high school for him next year. I really wish people like yourself would not post things about the one bad experience you saw from some youth football team 2000 miles away and associate it with what we are doing here. We are just trying to help the kids who don't have the opportunity to play.
"This your bush, you king of the forest"