Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Epic Frito Pie

Started by OtterHog, October 29, 2011, 08:59:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OtterHog

Just made this masterpiece for dinner...

IronHog

Sausage!?!?!?!?!?

Freaking Genius!
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

bao187

i just ate dinner, i am totally stuffed, and this picture still made my mouth water
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

OtterHog

OtterHog

As any good man knows, with epic frito pie... comes epic gas.

There will be fireworks.

IronHog

Quote from: OtterHog™ on October 29, 2011, 09:03:35 pm
As any good man knows, with epic frito pie... comes epic gas.

There will be fireworks.

See, you just go on a put it all one one plate.

I try to be "good" and end up eating like 7 "small ones".

OtterHog

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on October 29, 2011, 09:04:08 pm
Do I spy mustard and some summer sausage? You, sir, have won.

Yes sir, you do.

I tenderly warmed the sausage in the skillet with some black pepper and a touch of cayenne.

'Twas epic.

IronHog

Quote from: OtterHog™ on October 29, 2011, 09:06:08 pm
Yes sir, you do.

I tenderly warmed the sausage in the skillet with some black pepper and a touch of cayenne.

'Twas epic.

No onions or are they in the chili?

OtterHog

Quote from: IronHog on October 29, 2011, 09:05:41 pm
See, you just go on a put it all one one plate.

I try to be "good" and end up eating like 7 "small ones".

I've been drinking beer all day... mostly thanks to our defense... so by this point, I knew mind games weren't going to work.

Go big or go home with this one.

And I'm already at home, so I went big.

OtterHog

Quote from: IronHog on October 29, 2011, 09:06:41 pm

No onions or are they in the chili?

In the chili. Along with some bell peppers.

OtterHog

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on October 29, 2011, 09:09:53 pm
I urge all to try this masterpiece that I have created.

Chicken Breast seasoned with Peppercorn and Red Pepper, with a slice of pepperjack cheese, a dollup of BBQ sauce, and two thick sliced strips of applewood smoked bacon folded in half, all on texas toast. If you die, you will die happy.

You just made my decision easy for dinner tomorrow.

Thank you, sir.

IronHog

IronHog

Chicken Breast seasoned with Peppercorn and Red Pepper, with a slice of pepperjack cheese, a dollup of BBQ sauce, and two thick sliced strips of applewood smoked bacon folded in half, all on texas toast. If you die, you will die happy.

I'm gonna try that with some venison tenderloin.

Shag66

Quote from: OtterHog™ on October 29, 2011, 09:06:08 pm
Yes sir, you do.

'Twas epic.

THIS is why you are Mayor!

Shag66

EDIT: You need spicy BBQ as well.

You have skills. 

HF#1

Wife made Chili, I made Frito Pie as well. 

Well done, much better than mine.  However the wife's chili was allsum.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

OtterHog

Quote from: Shag66 on October 29, 2011, 09:12:29 pm
THIS is why you are Mayor!

It's tradition, Sham.

I was a lover of pie of the frito variety before my time in DST, but you guys have brought that love to the forefront.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on October 29, 2011, 09:20:38 pm
This is the stuff. Forgive the lack of BBQ on this one. It was my first one and I foolishly hadn't thought of that yet.

As close to perfection as you can get.... +1
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

bao187

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on October 29, 2011, 09:20:38 pm
This is the stuff. Forgive the lack of BBQ on this one. It was my first one and I foolishly hadn't thought of that yet.

MOTHER OF GOD!!! I want to come to your house to watch a game.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Breems

Otter, did you and TuckFexas share that while trying trying too touch each others "ceilings?"
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

golfjam

OTTER.....that's a wonderful sight...and funny at the same time......i haven't had a Frito Pie in years.....but actually made some this week for me and my daughter.....but i went with the red Hot Link Sausage like i had as a kid....only thing missing was the small brown paper bag the store used to put it in.....
It's Evolution Baby!

TeufelHog

October 30, 2011, 11:56:07 am #21 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:59:26 am by TeufelHog
D@#n, OtterHog puts the "weiner-dog" in his "frito-pie!"  BRILLIANT!

farmhawg

I wondered what that stench was when I was driving this morning....Damn that looks good!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Ok, I know this is going to sound bad but here is a version of Frito Pie my mom used to make and I do on occasion:

1. Frito's with chili on top.
2. Shredded cheese.
3. Little tobasco.
4. Shredded lettuce.
5. Purple onion.
6. Chopped tomatoes.
7. Sour cream.
8. Liberal helping of French dressing on top.

I don't even like french dressing but there is something about all the flavors together that just work....

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

OtterHog

Quote from: farmhawg on October 30, 2011, 12:11:32 pm
Ok, I know this is going to sound bad but here is a version of Frito Pie my mom used to make and I do on occasion:

1. Frito's with chili on top.
2. Shredded cheese.
3. Little tobasco.
4. Shredded lettuce.
5. Purple onion.
6. Chopped tomatoes.
7. Sour cream.
8. Liberal helping of French dressing on top.

I don't even like french dressing but there is something about all the flavors together that just work....

Your mom's frito pie sounds delicious.

Slacker

Quote from: OtterHog™ on October 29, 2011, 08:59:59 pm

That is....epic. Well done Ott.

snoblind

Quote from: OtterHog™ on October 29, 2011, 09:07:40 pm
In the chili. Along with some bell peppers.

The purists will rail about adding onions and bell peppers, but I do the same.

On FH's recipe, I was introduced to the garden spread years ago at Alice and Jim's in Fort Smith.  The lettuce goes on the plate first.  Fritos were garnish.

BiggieHawg

I haven't had a frito pie in years.  I need to go all MacGyver and figure out how to make a good one without a kitchen.
I am a United States Sailor.
I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me. 
I represent the fighting spirit of the the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.
I proudly serve my country's Navy combat team with Honor, Courage and Commitment.
I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It.

BiggieHawg

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on October 30, 2011, 02:33:16 pm
All you need is a mexican and an unconditioned trailer. Give him or her an hour and it will be ready.

Not sure I can wait that long
I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me. 
I represent the fighting spirit of the the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.
I proudly serve my country's Navy combat team with Honor, Courage and Commitment.

BiggieHawg

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on October 30, 2011, 02:37:57 pm
With great frito pie comes great patience.

With great hunger comes great haste

str8volfan

my 11 yr old loves frito pie, so did I when I was his age. Grow up.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

BiggieHawg

Quote from: str8volfan on October 30, 2011, 02:49:19 pm
my 11 yr old loves frito pie, so did I when I was his age. Grow up.

My 80yr old grandpa loves being cranky, I probably will when I'm his age too. No need to rush things.

BiggieHawg

Quote from: farmhawg on October 30, 2011, 02:49:34 pm
Just go to sonic....

The closest Sonic is about 20min away and I don't have a car.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

BiggieHawg

farmhawg

Frito Pie is worth the sacrifice, if it is not for you....well maybe you should re-think the Tavern as a place you want to be....
From theflyinghog

str8volfan

BiggieHawg

BiggieHawg

Quote from: farmhawg on October 30, 2011, 03:06:53 pm
Frito Pie is worth the sacrifice, if it is not for you....well maybe you should re-think the Tavern as a place you want to be....

I'm workin on it, don't you worry bout that.

farmhawg

Quote from: BiggieHawg on October 30, 2011, 03:39:40 pm
I'm workin on it, don't you worry bout that.
If there is a religion in the tavern it might be Frito Pie....
From theflyinghog

BiggieHawg

Quote from: farmhawg on October 30, 2011, 03:42:52 pm
If there is a religion in the tavern it might be Frito Pie....

And here is my humble yet delicious offering.

BR

Looks freaking awesome.... Just made Chili and picked up Fritos at the store yesterday... Time to watch Sunday Football and eat some Pie...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

OtterHog

Shag66

I shall Frito Pie this evening..

Cowboys.  Beer.  Frito Pie.

Yeah...  It's gonna be perfect...

farmhawg

Can be difficult to "round out" the perfect evening after beer and frito pie....
From theflyinghog

Slacker

Quote from: Shag66 on October 30, 2011, 06:22:21 pm

:puke:

patgrl

Beer.  Frito Pie.

For you maybe but your poor wife.... Why don't you throw in a few pickled eggs while your at it :)

DeltaBoy

October 31, 2011, 10:10:04 am #48 Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:14:35 am by DeltaBoy
Quote from: OtterHog™ on October 29, 2011, 08:59:59 pm

It Looks Wonderful!  Well Done.

What I love about Frito pie is you can make it as humble or as grand as you want.   I had one at a Jr High Football game 2 weeks ago that was humble but great; they cut open a bag of Fritos added shreeded cheese, chopped purple onion and some green onion then laddled on a 3/4 of a cup of Homemade chili it was heavenly.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PharmacistHog

You must really hate the cowboys, eh?
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.