Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Carolina Tonight!

Started by cypress rock, February 19, 2015, 11:49:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cypress rock

MoHog74

I hope we can continue to stay uninjured.  I'm not conceding this game; but after tonight, the next 3 games are all winnable.  However, it would help to have 9 players to be 100% for that to happen.

WPS  :razorback:

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: cypress rock on February 19, 2015, 11:49:28 am
I hope they can keep it close.
We will have to hit outside shots to do that.  Driving in - we probably will get most blocked.

BWS

South Carolina is a bit similar to Joe Foley and UALR. Emphasis is on defense and taking high percentage shots. They usually start off somewhat slow until Coates and Wilson go into the game and then they win by a big margin. Were a good defensive team so if the ladybacks shoot well we might have a chance of keeping it close.

Hogtied85

I think its safe to say that we will need more SIZE on the inside. I know this is jimmy first year as coach, games like this tells us what we really need. Jimmy will get it done.

BWS

South Carolina is blocking everything.

reddogjcss

ROBLYNNM

Nasty players on SC team but Jimmy will do wonders for the Ladybacks in the years to come.   

razCzar

Well, Hogs held on as well or better than most who've faced the Cocks this season.  Just another routine 50-something point game for the team, I guess.  Pretty amazing.

Here are the scores-only of our 13 SEC games:
    L    71-57
    L    52-50
    L    72-57
    L    60-51
    W   73-55
    L    55-53
    L    72-58
    W   52-47
    W   53-42
    W   54-48
    L    59-55
    W   54-36
    L    73-56

Hogtied85

Well considering how SC blow teams away, a 17 point loss is not a bad loss in my eyes. Considering we have nine players a typical team would have been blown away by 30-40+.

Great job Jimmy,staff and girls now lets win the next three

BWS

Watching South Carolina tonight proves that Jimmy Dykes is going to have to find some post players if were going to compete well in the SEC.

MoHog74

Once again tonight, the ladies played tough.  We need to play that hard and tough for the next 3 games.  SC is a very good team, and a 17-point loss to them is nothing to feel bad about.  I finally turned the sound off so I wouldn't have to listen to the 2 announcers go on and on about how great they are.  Evidently, they didn't watch the SC/UCONN game.

:razorback: 

Dr. Starcs

Coach has gotta go get him some men.

Wait, wrong forum.

Actually on second thought, Juwanna Mann could lead us to a title.

3kgthog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 19, 2015, 10:50:35 pm
Coach has gotta go get him some men.

Wait, wrong forum.

Actually on second thought, Juwanna Mann could lead us to a title.

He could have both with Grandmama.

hoglady

Quote from: BWS on February 19, 2015, 02:11:02 pm
South Carolina is a bit similar to Joe Foley and UALR. Emphasis is on defense and taking high percentage shots. They usually start off somewhat slow until Coates and Wilson go into the game and then they win by a big margin. Were a good defensive team so if the ladybacks shoot well we might have a chance of keeping it close.

While mentioning Foley - I went to the UALR/ASU game tonight.
For those in Central Arkansas who like women's hoops don't miss watching Taylor Gault play - she is really good.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rlamb

Arkansas just lost to the better team with more size. They played hard South Carolina just better than us this year.

kevinagee

Jesscia Jackson had an All-Star effort 38 min. played 20 points most in the second half and Cali B. Awesome game also. The ref's had some very questionable calls with Jimmy getting his first T. Kelsey Brooks and one the SC plays did a little trash talking. I think it fired up the team on both those. As Kelsey hit a three right after and made it know to SC down the floor. After Jimmy T the Bench was fired up and jumping and applauding after Jessica 3'z. Love to see that with are 4 bench players.. Over all I was proud of the effort.

Question.. If Jimmy gets tossed. Witch coach takes over? Smith, Cummings or Hinssey?

psycHOGlogist

Probably Christy.

And I thought the refs were terrible in the SC game. Not that it would have affected the outcome, but it was bad.

On the flipped, I think we got the benefit of a lot of no-calls today versus LSU.  If that had been a road game, I suspect we would have been called for some ticky-tack fouls on the defensive end when their guards and wings tried to drive the lane. But it's all part of the game.