Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jessica jackson

Started by coolhog, January 08, 2015, 10:02:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coolhog

9 pts. 1 rebound and a bunch of turnovers
Not getting it done.

azhog10

IMO just looking at stats and not having seen much actual game footage, she shoots too much. Every time I look at the box score it seems she's taking the bulk of the shots and her % is hardly ever good. Gary Blair made a comment about her being a beast going to the rim but she settles for shots too often. I'm sure CJD has mentioned that to her a number of times but it seems like maybe she's on the soft side. I know she has size to mix it up but looking at the box she doesn't want to.

Any thoughts to why this may be?

nwahogfan1

Quote from: azhog10 on January 09, 2015, 09:08:51 am
IMO just looking at stats and not having seen much actual game footage, she shoots too much. Every time I look at the box score it seems she's taking the bulk of the shots and her % is hardly ever good. Gary Blair made a comment about her being a beast going to the rim but she settles for shots too often. I'm sure CJD has mentioned that to her a number of times but it seems like maybe she's on the soft side. I know she has size to mix it up but looking at the box she doesn't want to.

Any thoughts to why this may be?
Coach may not be able to set her more right now because of lack of numbers  but I bet next year that may change.  She is such a good player andt could be much more but needs players around her to push her.   Coach is building so it will only get better.   

azhog10

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 09, 2015, 10:41:45 am
Coach may not be able to set her more right now because of lack of numbers  but I bet next year that may change.  She is such a good player andt could be much more but needs players around her to push her.   Coach is building so it will only get better.
That would make sense. I think she's got potential to be a great player. Of course as a coach POTENTIAL is probably my least liked word. Having more girls that can play will definitely push her.

LadybackBBFan

Most college players biggest improvement is between their freshman and sophomore years.  Certainly not the case with Jessica.  Look back at Shemeka Christian.  She was a monster her sophomore year.  Really a disappointment to me this year - especially since she has a much more demanding coach.

Dr. Starcs

Can cjd not demand her to attack on the offensive end?  Seems like that is a 2-way street. If a player is not doing what she is told, sit her butt on the bench.

tophawg19

can't . if she attacks , she risks foul trouble . too few players to really play the way they want to.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Dr. Starcs

Attacking under control and putting players in the best situation to get the shots they need to get is coachable though.

tophawg19

i can somewhat agree but with today's ref's calls can go against you way to easy.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogman64

wasting a lot of talent and I don't see it changing....the obvious thought would be that she doesn't work hard off the court, I don't know that but I would be surprised if that isn't true....