Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gary Blair

Started by azhog10, January 07, 2015, 11:23:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

azhog10

Class act. Watched his presser. Gave credit to Arkansas but you could tell he still has so much love and care for the University and the people that were apart of his teams in the past.

Westcoasthog

Leave it to the DEVIL BEV LEWIS THAT DID NOT RENEW GARY BLAIR'S CONTRACT.  Gary Blair wanted to stay at Arkansas, his wife is still on the staff at Arkansas, they still have a home at Fayetteville. Gary Blair had no other choice when Texas A & M offered him the head coaching position at Texas A & M.  As all of you know Gary Blair brought Texas A & M a National Championship
at Texas A  & M.  I am sure that he would have brought Arkansas a Women's
Basketball National Championship had his contract been renewed.  And don't forget the MEDLOR THEN CHANCELLOR JOHN WHITE WAS INVOLVED IN THIS
TRANSACTION.

Westcoasthog

Also Gary Blair told me that he will retire in Northwest Arkansas.

pigture perfect

Love the Blairs. Come home soon.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Westcoasthog on January 12, 2015, 02:45:26 am
Leave it to the DEVIL BEV LEWIS THAT DID NOT RENEW GARY BLAIR'S CONTRACT.  Gary Blair wanted to stay at Arkansas, his wife is still on the staff at Arkansas, they still have a home at Fayetteville. Gary Blair had no other choice when Texas A & M offered him the head coaching position at Texas A & M.  As all of you know Gary Blair brought Texas A & M a National Championship
at Texas A  & M.  I am sure that he would have brought Arkansas a Women's
Basketball National Championship had his contract been renewed.  And don't forget the MEDLOR THEN CHANCELLOR JOHN WHITE WAS INVOLVED IN THIS
TRANSACTION.
I agree with everything you said except bringing a National Championship.  Never would have happened here.  Gary had the Texas background to recruit Texas like he never could in Arkansas.  He was very lucky the year he reached the Final Four - that was a fluke but a very nice one.  I think Jimmy Dykes might have the National Name to win more here than Gary ever did - at least I sure hope so.

hoglady

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on January 12, 2015, 09:24:18 am
I agree with everything you said except bringing a National Championship.  Never would have happened here.  Gary had the Texas background to recruit Texas like he never could in Arkansas.  He was very lucky the year he reached the Final Four - that was a fluke but a very nice one.  I think Jimmy Dykes might have the National Name to win more here than Gary ever did - at least I sure hope so.

Lewis and White never had a plan.
Unless you've got a proven winner with a better resume lined up you renew Blair's contract. You don't let him go and then hire a Suzie Gardner.
Set the program back a decade.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

flippinhogmana

January 20, 2015, 05:33:02 pm #6 Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:55:00 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: hoglady on January 20, 2015, 05:25:47 pm
Unless you've got a proven winner with a better resume lined up you renew Blair's contract. You don't let him go and then hire a Suzie Gardner.

Perhaps even more incomprehensible was to take Pat Summitt's recommendation to hire Gardner.  Did she actually think that a coach would recommend someone who was going to potentially beat them?  I just had to scratch my head when it came out that Susie Gardner was the personal recommendation of a rival coach.  She was perhaps the greatest women's coach ever, I am willing to concede that, but is it rational to think she was out to do us any favors?

From day one, excuse and forgive me for stating this bluntly, I saw nothing favorable about Gardner but her plumbing perhaps.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hoglady on January 20, 2015, 05:25:47 pm

Susie not Suzie.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hoglady

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 20, 2015, 06:11:02 pm
Susie not Suzie.

I've tried to forget everything about that woman - Shocked I spelled her last name correctly.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

flippinhogmana

Quote from: hoglady on January 20, 2015, 06:38:43 pm
I've tried to forget everything about that woman - Shocked I spelled her last name correctly.

We did get who you were talking about.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hoglady on January 20, 2015, 06:38:43 pm

No problem. I Googled her out of curiosity and it came back with the "s" spelling. She is now at Mercer.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

3kgthog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 20, 2015, 08:06:56 pm
No problem. I Googled her out of curiosity and it came back with the "s" spelling. She is now at Mercer.

Wait. Someone actually gave that battleaxe another job? I found out all I needed to know when some high school girls said Gardner had treated everyone at her Ladyback camp like a dog turd on the bottom of her stilettos.

hoglady

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 25, 2015, 05:25:08 pm
Wait. Someone actually gave that battleaxe another job? I found out all I needed to know when some high school girls said Gardner had treated everyone at her Ladyback camp like a dog turd on the bottom of her stilettos.

Yes not only was she a horrible coach but she was horrible with the fans.
The SEC tourney was in LR when she was coaching. The tourney let some of the local schools bring kids to watch practices. There were 2 schools who wouldn't agree and one of them was Arkansas!!
Did not over well with the local basketball community.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hoglady on January 25, 2015, 09:23:39 pm
Yes not only was she a horrible coach but she was horrible with the fans.
The SEC tourney was in LR when she was coaching. The tourney let some of the local schools bring kids to watch practices. There were 2 schools who wouldn't agree and one of them was Arkansas!!
Did not over well with the local basketball community.

Not a good way to have a professional relationship with the coaches you might need help from in recruiting!