Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ladybacks

Started by Auburncheats, September 24, 2011, 11:16:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Auburncheats

Yes I'm serious. Lets talk Ladybacks. They should be pretty darn good this year. Returning all starters. Senior leaders. Watkins, Harris, Ricketts, etc. Predictions?

Breems

I've never followed them.  They started off well last year and then went to the pits. 
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

yraciv

September 25, 2011, 12:07:13 am #2 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:09:34 am by yraciv
Quote from: Breems on September 24, 2011, 11:41:03 pm
I've never followed them.  They started off well last year and then went to the pits. 

They do this every year, and don't expect anything to be different.  Best case is a 1st round NCAA exit, and that's pretty sad with the time TC has had. That being said the ladybacks get little support in the state, so what can you expect. Gary Blair was a phenominal coach and thats what you need to succeed here, and get butts back in the seats.

Auburncheats

Well after they started winning last season they got my butt in a chair. I think things may be different this year. Elite 8 maybe. They have oodles of experience and talent. They will be good imo

3kgthog

Middle to bottom of the SEC.

Hogtied85

I am interested in the recruiting aspect. I hope Arkansas can recruit top 60-100 level recruits for next season since Ricketts, Harris, Daniels and Townsend are leaving after this year.

Smithian

Above all, we have Julie Inman

Hogtied85

Well if he don't get it together this year he will be out. He can't recruit the top talent and that is a fact. Matthew Mitchell out recruits him and LSU has Nikki Caldwell now. Arkansas will not beat LSU this year. I feel sorry for him because he does not have a clue. You would think that he would have some idea since he was in the Big East, he played Connecticut every single year. Recruit, Recruit, Recruit

HF#1

Gary Blair...  That is all...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hogtied85

Well we can 86 that since Texas A&M will join the SEC

the razorback cheesehead

In woman's college basketball you usually have 20 teams above the rest, and everyone else is about even with each other. Sadly, I don't think we will be one of those 20 teams.

jackflash

What kind of recruiting season did they have for this season?

mbgrulz

Quote from: jackflash on September 27, 2011, 08:50:18 am
What kind of recruiting season did they have for this season?
Not great.

No Difference makers for sure.

They'll be sitting at 15-0 in early January, and end the year 18-11.

They're bringing back 5 starters who are very good at doing that.

hogfan98

Quote from: mbgrulz on September 27, 2011, 11:02:34 am
They'll be sitting at 15-0 in early January, and end the year 18-11.

This has been the script ever since Bev Lewis decided that Gary Blair was a bad fit for the program.

jmoore

What's it going to look like when Blair brings his team back to Fayetteville?

Razorback7281

Quote from: hogfan98 on September 27, 2011, 03:01:48 pm
This has been the script ever since Bev Lewis decided that Gary Blair was a bad fit for the program.
Wonder if Bev will be in attendance next year when the Aggies come to town? 
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

mbgrulz

Quote from: jmoore on September 28, 2011, 12:12:05 pm
What's it going to look like when Blair brings his team back to Fayetteville?
It's gonna be a beat down.

Blair has STUDS stacked up for years to come. He may never win the NC again, but it won't be due to talent level.

Hogtied85

October 03, 2011, 05:28:20 pm #17 Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:33:30 pm by Hogtired10
Why can we not get McDonalds All American type players. It cant be the school. It has to be the coach. If coachs like Geno, Pat and Tyra came to Arkansas I bet you could get so talent and some butts in the seat. Tom should know better since he was in the Big East. His team (Louisville) played them 2-3 team every year? NO MORE EXCUSES

Blutoblutarsky

Quote from: Auburncheats on September 24, 2011, 11:16:37 pm
Yes I'm serious. Lets talk Ladybacks. They should be pretty darn good this year. Returning all starters. Senior leaders. Watkins, Harris, Ricketts, etc. Predictions?

Let's move this to the girls activities forum. 

mbgrulz

Quote from: Hogtired10 on October 03, 2011, 05:28:20 pm
Why can we not get McDonalds All American type players. It cant be the school. It has to be the coach. If coachs like Geno, Pat and Tyra came to Arkansas I bet you could get so talent and some butts in the seat. Tom should know better since he was in the Big East. His team (Louisville) played them 2-3 team every year? NO MORE EXCUSES
Same reason Petrino and CMA struggle to get 5 stars. Fayetteville isn't in a geographically advantageous place to rack up on studs.

Gary Blair wouldn't be doing as well had he stayed here. He's pretty much admitted it. You have to understand the immense talent pool that cities like Houston and Dallas provide. Houston has 9x's more high schools than the whole state of Arkansas. chew on that a while.

The fact is that 75% of kids don't want to go more than 2-3 hours drive from home. No matter how baller your school is, you bbetter have a hotbed of recruits that puts out big timers every year.

Hogtied85

If Pat Summit or Geno were at Arkansas it wouldn't be a problem. Look at Matthew Mitchell at Kentucky. He managed to do it at Kentucky.

hogfan98

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on October 03, 2011, 05:32:22 pm
Let's move this to the girls activities forum. 

One of those people.....I think the title pretty much says it all.  You don't want to read it, don't click it.  Pretty simple.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Hogtired10 on October 04, 2011, 07:12:05 am
If Pat Summit or Geno were at Arkansas it wouldn't be a problem. Look at Matthew Mitchell at Kentucky. He managed to do it at Kentucky.
No doubt geno for sure, and Pat 10 years younger would have this program kicking.

The right guy/gal could definitely do more with this program than is what being done. No doubt.

Joe Foley anyone????

Auburncheats

Is Julie Inman really good? I don't guess I've seen her play. I know one thing, Harris is gonna have to stop throwing up the 3's ALL the time. Yeah, she's a great shooter, but not that good! Pass it around and get something down low please.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Auburncheats on October 05, 2011, 10:24:10 am
Is Julie Inman really good? I don't guess I've seen her play. I know one thing, Harris is gonna have to stop throwing up the 3's ALL the time. Yeah, she's a great shooter, but not that good! Pass it around and get something down low please.
Shes really good looking. Cali Berna is also very easy on the eyes. 

yraciv

Quote from: mbgrulz on October 05, 2011, 10:06:58 pm
Shes really good looking. Cali Berna is also very easy on the eyes. 

Our team as a whole has upped the talent level if you know what I mean. I'm looking forward to watching a couiple of them in the opening scrimmage deal, but thats b/ they are a warmup for the real show.

Wolfpride

I know that Melissa Wolff from Cabot will be signing with them.  She is sure fun to watch.  I invite you all to come see her play in our new arena.  Open for sure in December.  Seats around 2500.  Looks awesome so far!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.  And no good thing ever dies"
Andy Dufresne

mbgrulz

Quote from: Wolfpride on October 10, 2011, 03:14:24 pm
I know that Melissa Wolff from Cabot will be signing with them. 
Wow.

That surprising. That will raise some eyebrows for sure if true. Its looking more and more like TC will not be able to recruit well enough to ever make it work here.

Melissa is a good high school player, but when LSU and A&M are in your division, it's not going to go well for us.

Did TC really hire his wife as an asst?

Hogtied85

October 10, 2011, 06:44:43 pm #28 Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 06:55:05 pm by Hogtired10
Yes he hired his wife. It could get fired. I remember when Blair was there Bud Walton did not have problem with attendances. Collen is not a aggressive recruiter. He is not committed to the HOGS. One of the reason why top recruits will not come here is because they want a chance to win year in and year out or a least have the chance to compete for championship. They know that Collen will not take them there. Athletes want to be seen on TV. Tennessee, UCONN, Duke etc are always on TV

hogfan98

October 17, 2011, 10:05:35 am #29 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:17:46 am by hogfan98
Revisiting women's basketball....

Did anyone see Richard's article this weekend regarding in-state girl's hoops talent for 2013?  Going off of memory on the rankings, but the #1 PG (#3 overall), the #3 SF (#10 overall), and #51 overall player in the country for that year are from central Arkansas.  All three can go to almost any school they want and would be program changers if they could all find their way to the hill. 

Hogtied85

Tom Collen will sign Summer Morgan 6'2 post player for Har Bar High School

mbgrulz

Quote from: Hogtired10 on October 18, 2011, 03:56:47 pm
Tom Collen will sign Summer Morgan 6'2 post player for Har Bar High School
Is she playing?

Last I heard she was going full time volleyball, which is her best sport.

yraciv

Quote from: mbgrulz on October 18, 2011, 06:13:25 pm
Is she playing?

Last I heard she was going full time volleyball, which is her best sport.

Is she really SEC caliber?  I'm even more worried if our recruiting class turns into some of these girls, in state, I've seen that supposedly will be signing with us.