Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins leading NFl runningbacks......

Started by JaxFlaRazorback, October 16, 2017, 12:02:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JaxFlaRazorback

in yards per attempt with 6.4.  Hunt (KC) is second with 5.9.

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

smb

GeorgiaHOG

nichc85

Fire Pete Carroll today!! Tell him and his assistants to clean their lockers out. Obviously they didn't recognize talent and were playing favorites.  Does that help me fit in with the Hogville crowd?

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: nichc85 on October 16, 2017, 12:13:06 pm
Fire Pete Carroll today!! Tell him and his assistants to clean their lockers out. Obviously they didn't recognize talent and were playing favorites.  Does that help me fit in with the Hogville crowd?
I believe you are on to something, the conspiracy extends to the nfl also.

phadedhawg

Quote from: nichc85 on October 16, 2017, 12:13:06 pm

I live in Seattle and have been a fan of the Seahawks for over a decade.  There are some who think we made the wrong decision about who to cut and who to keep.  Collins wasn't given the same opportunities in the preseason as Carson (out for the year with injury).  Alex didn't set the world on fire in his one season in Seattle but he did stay healthy which is something none of our other running backs can say.  Health is a skill and unfortunately our organization doesn't seem to value it in the running game.  Alex was passed over for flashier athletes who have failed to stay out on the field. 

Collins stayed healthy at Arkansas in a very run heavy offense.  You would think people would put more emphasis on that in scouting reports. 

But I'm glad for Alex, he has landed somewhere that has an offensive line.   His production would be snuffed out if he had our band of OL rejects blocking for him.

longpig

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 16, 2017, 12:21:38 pm
I live in Seattle and have been a fan of the Seahawks for over a decade.  There are some who think we made the wrong decision about who to cut and who to keep.  Collins wasn't given the same opportunities in the preseason as Carson (out for the year with injury).  Alex didn't set the world on fire in his one season in Seattle but he did stay healthy which is something none of our other running backs can say.  Health is a skill and unfortunately our organization doesn't seem to value it in the running game.  Alex was passed over for flashier athletes who have failed to stay out on the field. 

Collins stayed healthy at Arkansas in a very run heavy offense.  You would think people would put more emphasis on that in scouting reports. 

But I'm glad for Alex, he has landed somewhere that has an offensive line.   His production would be snuffed out if he had our band of OL rejects blocking for him.

The lad is durable, without a doubt.  He may total more yards than Felix Jones in his NFL career, in double the years.
Don't be scared, be smart.

AirWarren

Quote from: JaxFlaRazorback on October 16, 2017, 12:02:09 pm
in yards per attempt with 6.4.  Hunt (KC) is second with 5.9.

And we have no ALEX COLLINS' on this team.

Whaley has been a disappointment.

Williams is a good back. So is chase.

Add a poor offensive line and it's a recipe for mediocre rushing.

phadedhawg

I'm not sure I put much emphasis on the the results from our running backs this season.  There is no blocking to speak of, it's impossible to tell how good any of them are.  Hayden has a burst of speed that can sometimes paper over poor blocking.

azhog10

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 16, 2017, 12:38:42 pm
I'm not sure I put much emphasis on the the results from our running backs this season.  There is no blocking to speak of, it's impossible to tell how good any of them are.  Hayden has a burst of speed that can sometimes paper over poor blocking.
I'll say this, and don't think I'm trying to compare our RB's to this first ballot hall of famer, but I watched Adrian Peterson yesterday. The one thing that I think Whaley struggles with, and so many other RB's with a ton of talent, is vision. Whaley's vision is as bad as I've seen at Arkansas. So many times I see him take the ball and he runs where the play is designed to go. No matter what. But often times there's a small hole or a cutback that he just doesn't see. AP went off yesterday and if he ran exactly where the run was designed to go he wouldn't have had 50 yards. But he was patient, kept his eyes moving and as soon as he saw a gap he took off. Collins was great at that as well. He was patient in the backfield and if he saw a hole, no matter how small, he hit it and got positive yards. Whaley is a big and physical running back but he does not see the whole field. He has tunnel vision to where the run is designed to go. Williams is better at seeing things and will break off the run if he see's an opening.

zane

Just imagine what his average would be if he actually had some break away speed.... ;)
RIP LSUfan

younghog

AC is not getting near the amount of Attempts as any RB on the other 31 teams.

~Just advising
GO HOGS