Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

People praising the O line????

Started by synthartist69, October 14, 2017, 11:47:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

In my mind what would have been acceptable would have been to game plan AROUND the #1 rush defense in the country! Quit using the 1 extra second with a fake, go shotgun and throw the ball until YOU FORCE THEM to back up off the LOS. Go 4 wide and SPREAD the field, you know like ATM and Ole Miss have done the last few years!!!

The teams that have had SOME success against that D have used the run as a surprise, not a staple and spread the field which gives you a fighting chance. How hard is that to understand???

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on October 14, 2017, 11:51:48 pm
I'll be in the minority tonight but I thought they were better.
I will buy that.  They were going up against a front 7 that most likely will ALL be in the NFL at some point soon.  They were facing the best front 7 in college football. 

Dont get me wrong, they are not great--far from it, but it did seem like they did look a little better.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 15, 2017, 10:32:15 am
In my mind what would have been acceptable would have been to game plan AROUND the #1 rush defense in the country! Quit using the 1 extra second with a fake, go shotgun and throw the ball until YOU FORCE THEM to back up off the LOS. Go 4 wide and SPREAD the field, you know like ATM and Ole Miss have done the last few years!!!

The teams that have had SOME success against that D have used the run as a surprise, not a staple and spread the field which gives you a fighting chance. How hard is that to understand???

agreed.
The rest of the frog.

rude1

The bar has officially been dropped to its lowest rung. Reading posts since the game, you might come to the conclusion that we won or was in the game. A 32 point beat down that could have been easily 40+ if the opposing coach doesn't spare us, has drawn great praise for effort and competing...............

JaketheSnake

Froholdt, while improved from a year ago, is still a liability at times.  Late in the game he put a hand on a down lineman in his A gap and tried to move on to a LB, but seemed to realize that he should be blocking the DL after the DL was in the backfield.

Overall, the OL looked better.  Bama was bringing lots of different pressures and we did a decent job picking them up.  The only free shot I remember anyone having on CK was when Cantrell went by a blitzing OLB off the left side and into a route.  Looked like CK should have dumped to Cantrell right there on the hot route.

The Kig

I am just thankful that Bama didn't break Kelley... Kid is a gamer, but he was hit over and over again.  Breakdowns in assignments or just flat out getting beat (which is gonna happen vs. a Bama DL) had me holding my breath quite a bit.  Bama made sure they hit him on just about every play...some of them might have been called late if we weren't in Tuscaloosa.   
Poker Porker

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: HenduHog on October 15, 2017, 10:09:40 am
Tell you what. If Bama holds Aubie, LSU and MissSt to 30 yards rushing I will agree 100%.
Not looking for agreement.  Im asking for your opinion, based on what you have seen and who they are, what yardage would have made you happy on the ground?

jkstock04

Our O-line looked like they had skates on most of the time. Piss poor. Imagine if Austin Allen had played? He would've 99.9% for sure been taken out on a stretcher...and I say that seriously.

Hilarious that we have homers spinning the O-line play as a moral victory.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 15, 2017, 11:19:49 am
Our O-line looked like they had skates on most of the time. Piss poor. Imagine if Austin Allen had played? He would've 99.9% for sure been taken out on a stretcher...and I say that seriously.

Hilarious that we have homers spinning the O-line play as a moral victory.
So if someone sees something positive, they are an idiot... but you can make up something that didn't happen bc AA didn't even play, and that is a serious comment. 

Seems logical.

HognotinMemphis

The number of rushing plays was greater than the number of rushing yards. I don't care if they were playing the NE Patriots, that is embarrassing.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: tncbg on October 15, 2017, 11:31:21 am
Watch the Ragnow interview and listen to his comments about the vibe. I get the feeling that these guys prefer Cole's attitude to AA's. Who knows what is said in the huddle, but AA's body language makes me think he's more negative. I recall BA taking a beating, but he usually just got up and kept grinding. AA is more demonstrative and looks like he's blaming his teammates for not getting it done. I can't blame him for being frustrated, but the QB has to lead and the players have to want to be led by him. I may be wrong, but I sure didn't hear any of the players express hope that AA gets back quickly.
I noted that Ragnow said he was PROUD to block for Cole. I have never heard him say anything similar about blocking for AA.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PearlHarbor

Well, we've sucked so bad that yes, the line did look better last night.

Talk about damning with faint praise, holy smokes!

Why wait till the season is down the toilet to change the oline? Why does this happen every season? Why are the best players stuck to the bench?

Are we even trying to outscore the other team? Sometimes it's hard to tell, what with the playing favorites and all.

swineology

Kurt Anderson should have been fired yesterday

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: swineology on October 15, 2017, 12:04:31 pm
Kurt Anderson should have been fired yesterday

This is absolutely false.  He should have been fired sometime last year.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 15, 2017, 10:32:15 am

We are in agreement, were never going to have success with our typical formula up the middle.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: tncbg on October 15, 2017, 11:31:21 am
Watch the Ragnow interview and listen to his comments about the vibe. I get the feeling that these guys prefer Cole's attitude to AA's. Who knows what is said in the huddle, but AA's body language makes me think he's more negative. I recall BA taking a beating, but he usually just got up and kept grinding. AA is more demonstrative and looks like he's blaming his teammates for not getting it done. I can't blame him for being frustrated, but the QB has to lead and the players have to want to be led by him. I may be wrong, but I sure didn't hear any of the players express hope that AA gets back quickly.

Agreed. I get AA's frustration from getting pummeled but he gains no rapport with the OL from showing his frustration over and over again. Same thing goes for showing frustration to the WRs. Showing frustration more than anything else creates headwinds when you need to rally teammates to your cause. CK, in his brief playing time, rallies the team to the cause by not being down on the team. Does the OL still need improvement? Absolutely. WRs too. We may win one more game this year but CK should start them all in part because the leadership he displays is simply better than AAs.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

swineology

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 15, 2017, 12:11:06 pm
This is absolutely false.  He should have been fired sometime last year.

I get that, but since Bert  didn't fire him, doubtfully he will

WaltonCollege

Hoginsavga

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 15, 2017, 11:32:48 am
I noted that Ragnow said he was PROUD to block for Cole. I have never heard him say anything similar about blocking for AA.

Give Cole a little more time.  About this time last year AA and team hung 30 points and 400 yards on AL in a losing effort. Our offense was much better last year than this year. After this coaching staff has a little more time to get Cole pounded in the ground we may see his attitude start to change.

King Kong

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 15, 2017, 11:32:48 am

AA and Ragnow are super close

HognotinMemphis

moses_007

What is amazing to me is that the line looked absolutely great against A&M, opened hole after hole, and A&M had a good defense.  We moved the ball up and down the field against A&M and scored 43 points.

What has happened to the line since then?  The last two games it's looked like Ned in the First Reader.  Can't run block.  Can't pass block.

smb

I think Austin might have a problem with this post.
GeorgiaHOG

EastexHawg

Quote from: rude1 on October 15, 2017, 10:50:54 am
The bar has officially been dropped to its lowest rung. Reading posts since the game, you might come to the conclusion that we won or was in the game. A 32 point beat down that could have been easily 40+ if the opposing coach doesn't spare us, has drawn great praise for effort and competing...............

Exactly.  People are seeing what they wanted to see.  They got to watch the players they wanted to be on the field and they either think they saw improvement or they want everyone else to think that.  They were sick of Austin Allen so no matter what happened with QB play, how his mechanics look, etc., it was going to be an improvement.  The same goes with the guys they have been calling for on the offensive line.

Saban called off the dogs both offensively and defensively.  Otherwise, this would have been a 52-3 game to bookend the 52-0 beatdown in Bielema's first year.  There's your "improvement".

Razor1997

Quote from: ICEman on October 15, 2017, 04:11:49 am
27 yards on the ground does not make for an improved offensive line. Until Hayden 'broke one' for 14 yards against the Bama scrubs in the 4th quarter, we had 13 yards of positive offensive production on the ground.

Bama doesn't really have scrubs.  They have a 4th string that matches up pretty close to our first string.

FATHAWG08

There's not to many O-line's that are going to get a very good grade against Bama's defense. With that being said I thought this Lineup at the best potential to play better. I'm looking forward to see how they play the remainder of the year.
I love off season Football!!

redleg

Quote from: moses_007 on October 15, 2017, 04:59:13 am
This offensive line is the absolute worst line in the history of Razorback football.
That's a bold statement, considering how terrible the O-Line's in 2012, 1992, and a handful or other years were pretty bad. I think you are over-stating things. And Arkansas' line isn't the worst in the SEC either. That honor could easily go to Mizzou, or Vandy, or Kentucky, or even Tennessee.
I'm not praising Arkansas' line, they are not very good. But they aren't the worst either. They need a better O-Line coach, to go along with a new head coach!
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 16, 2017, 07:23:34 am
Exactly.  People are seeing what they wanted to see.  They got to watch the players they wanted to be on the field and they either think they saw improvement or they want everyone else to think that.  They were sick of Austin Allen so no matter what happened with QB play, how his mechanics look, etc., it was going to be an improvement.  The same goes with the guys they have been calling for on the offensive line.

Saban called off the dogs both offensively and defensively.  Otherwise, this would have been a 52-3 game to bookend the 52-0 beatdown in Bielema's first year.  There's your "improvement".
And people that have their mind made up that nothing will get better until CBB and JL are gone saw no improvement at all. 

Easy huh?

EastexHawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 16, 2017, 09:03:05 am
And people that have their mind made up that nothing will get better until CBB and JL are gone saw no improvement at all. 

Easy huh?

We're a terrible football team.  0-3 in conference this year, probably about to be 0-4, and 12-33 since the end of the 2011 season.  We just got whipped by a team and coach who could have made it much worse.  Our only TD came late in the fourth quarter against backups.  Yes, what has happened to the Arkansas football program is easy to see...and say.

But, I can see what is coming.  We will beat a couple of lousy teams and the rainbows and lollipops will break out all over.  "We have Cole Kelley now and Coach has fixed the offensive line!  With another year in the 3-4 the defense will be much better next year!  Now that he has everything in place, Coach Bielema is ready to make a run at the SEC West next year!  Let's give him the chance to coach the team he has finally built!"

The level of delusion that has been expressed over the last couple of years is hard to fathom, but having seen it I'm sure it can progress even further.

jkstock04

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 16, 2017, 09:21:19 am
We're a terrible football team.  0-3 in conference this year, probably about to be 0-4, and 12-33 since the end of the 2011 season.  We just got whipped by a team and coach who could have made it much worse.  Our only TD came late in the fourth quarter against backups.  Yes, what has happened to the Arkansas football program is easy to see...and say.

But, I can see what is coming.  We will beat a couple of lousy teams and the rainbows and lollipops will break out all over.  "We have Cole Kelley now and Coach has fixed the offensive line!  With another year in the 3-4 the defense will be much better next year!  Now that he has everything in place, Coach Bielema is ready to make a run at the SEC West next year!  Let's give him the chance to coach the team he has finally built!"

The level of delusion that has been expressed over the last couple of years is hard to fathom, but having seen it I'm sure it can progress even further.
I have zero confidence this team will win any conference games...it may happen but I wouldn't bet on it. We are terrible in almost every aspect of the game. Im now convinced we barely practice special teams at all...high school teams and coaches around the state without doubt put more emphasis on special teams than our coaches do.

I still say the O-line "improvement" is fools gold. Kelley made them look a bit better because he's hard to bring down...he was still getting harassed on nearly every pass play. It was 24-0 at the end of the first half and we were really lucky it wasn't worse. The run game was non existent per usual. It really is unbelievable how bad our O-line has been under Bielema. I was never crazy about the Bielema hire, but one thing I thought we would see was good O-line play. It's never really happened.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

King Kong

JaketheSnake

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 16, 2017, 09:21:19 am

There arnt many, if any, fans here that are screaming to give CBB a few more years.  Even if they are, it won't matter bc our opinion on what should happen doesn't matter.  JL will deal with that or be gone and then someone else with deal with that.

I won't hurt my feelings if CBB is gone at the end of the year, he has earned being canned.  I do still believe that CBB does things off the field the correct way and that has probably earned him another year with the PTB... maybe not, idk.

We should win a few more games this year... at this point if we make a bowl game, that will look like a successful season.  No, not the success that we fans want, but much more than it looks at this point. The fans and team deserve more than a week bowl game in year 5.