Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That is the best 41-9 loss I have ever experienced!

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, October 14, 2017, 09:43:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

My god......

That's all I have in response to that.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: mrp on October 14, 2017, 10:08:03 pm
Hogs are a solid team. They competed.

Just came up a little short.

No way to overcome the handicap of their super inferior coaching.
Hahahahahaahaaha!!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hoggish1

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 14, 2017, 09:59:06 pm
Saban has run it up plenty on us in the past.

No one is saying that this was anything but a blowout loss... but it felt like a different team than what showed up vs USC. 

Yes it did.

We did not quit and hit hard the entire game...

We played a different OLine lneup—How did that happen? 

CBB showed emotion on the sideline and appeared to be coaching.

Maybe, now that we've appeared to break the ice, we can move Ragnow to LT where he might be even more effective?

hogcard1964

farmhawg

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 14, 2017, 11:40:30 pm
We scored more points against Alabama than we did against TCU.

That is one positive from tonight's game.
Another moral victory.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HoggyCat

My lord people. Listen to yourselves. Alabama played the worst game they've played in forever and STILL blew us out. Saban was too busy chewing on special teams' collective asses to even worry about a 17-0 game at one point. So what if he DIDN'T run the score up, you're admitting he could've. It's threads like these that make it even harder to be a Hog fan.

Quickdraw

Until we get a new coach with his own assistant coaches we will continue reaping the same results of losing every week.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

This is the most pathetic post I have ever seen on this site. We lose 41-9 and fans are satisfied.

HoggyCat

We played our hearts out, bama played their worst game in recent history, and beat us 41-9 and people are flying rainbow flags.

Jeffi's lowered expectations wins out.

Hawgzinbowlz

Some Arkansas fans have a Jeff/CBB induced Stockholm syndrome...Lose enough and any bright spot is a positive.

" GO HOGS "

hogcard1964

This post should be a good barometer of the state of the program.  The Hogs got their teeth extracted and handed back to them and yet, someone here may be happy about it.

Redhogs

Quote from: BR on October 14, 2017, 09:55:11 pm
It is a sad day for Razorback FOOTBALL, that our fans are happy with a 41-9 loss..   Is this our future? Happy being the worst team in the SEC West...
Apparently...sadly.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on October 15, 2017, 09:31:52 am
Some Arkansas fans have a Jeff/CBB induced Stockholm syndrome...Lose enough and any bright spot is a positive.

" GO HOGS "
Sure looks that way. Won't get anymore of my $ until a win means a win and a loss means a loss..not that hard.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Redhogs on October 15, 2017, 09:54:24 am
Sure looks that way. Won't get anymore of my $ until a win means a win and a loss means a loss..not that hard.
We don't even cover the largest SEC spread as the Hogs as the underdog and we are whistling zippity doo dah out of our behinds. I've heard of lowered expectations but Razorback fans have carried that concept just a bit too far. Good God Almighty, People.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 15, 2017, 07:36:21 am
This is where and who we are now. A program with a fanbase that is content, even happy, with a 32 point loss. They have beaten us down to accept losing. Good for them. They win.
Who is "content" in the loss we just took?

Anyone?  Please fee free to chime in if you are content!  Anyone?

What most people are is realistic about what we expected out of a struggling team yesterday.  And yes, we did have some signs of life that we had not previously seen.

How many people thought at the beginning of the season that Bama would be a W for us?  Very few, if any.  How many though yesterday at 4pm that we would honestly go into BDS and come out with a W?  Nobody realistically thought that.

Not sure why it seems a sin arnd here to say anything positive at all. 

We suck, but yesterday we sucked a little less than we sucked the week before. 

East Clintwood

Yea, we only lost by 32.
We only lost by 32.
We only lost by 32.
Party time people.
Good times.
Good times.
We only lost by 32.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hogcard1964

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 15, 2017, 11:08:19 am

What most people are is realistic about what we expected out of a struggling team yesterday.  And yes, we did have some signs of life that we had not previously seen.

How many people thought at the beginning of the season that Bama would be a W for us?  Very few, if any.  How many though yesterday at 4pm that we would honestly go into BDS and come out with a W?  Nobody realistically thought that.

We have different levels of sucking.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 14, 2017, 09:47:20 pm
We lost with Uncommon players and with Integrity.
Fire Jeff Long!.
You forgot carpet bagger sonovabitch...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: rude1 on October 14, 2017, 10:03:08 pm
Saban doesn't run up the score, he could have won by 40+ if he wanted. Saban will substitute liberally once he knows he has you firmly under foot. Now he is still going to demand those second and third teamers play hard, and if you can't compete against them, it is on you.

This times infinity.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: TebowHater on October 14, 2017, 10:06:12 pm
K E L L E Y

Can we please learn to spell our QB's name?? Spelled wrong more than it is correct on this board.

Rhian Malet and Knille Davies would be proud.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

LZH

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 15, 2017, 11:08:19 am

But we still suck!!
Why do you bi*&h about other posters so much?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

RebelliousHog

Admittedly 41-9 is better than the 59-0 and 66-3 whupping they gave Vandy and Ole Miss.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 14, 2017, 09:56:25 pm
41-9 and some of our fans are putting a happy face on it?  It is stunning how pathetic this program has become.
308 to 27 rushing yards.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 14, 2017, 09:47:20 pm
We lost with Uncommon players and with Integrity.
Fire Jeff Long!.

We get it dude.

That's pretty much all you say nowadays. Surprised you haven't called Bo's show every day with your Hogville handle saying the same thing.

Probably because you hear people who say that get laughed off the radio. This is the only place you can repeatedly say it and not get ridiculed. Anonymity is bliss.
This is my non-signature signature.

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: GuvHog on October 15, 2017, 01:16:11 pm
Now post Arkansas passing yardage.
175-165 You do know Saban told his OC not to throw in the 2nd half.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 15, 2017, 12:10:35 pm
But we still suck!!
Why do you bi*&h about other posters so much?
Not sure I see it the same way you do.  Other posters present their ignorant arguments and ideas, then I present my ignorant arguments and ideas.  Beautiful thing these message boards.  I applaud your ignorant ideas.  But yes, when a post about anything positive within our football program turns to prison rape on the poster with a view, then anyone can call a poster out on it. You don't have to like it.  Put me on the ignore list.

aloha_kid

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 14, 2017, 09:45:33 pm
Was thinking the same thing...this is the best I've witnessed (effort wise) all season. 

So, if it was leadership, where did it come from?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: aloha_kid on October 15, 2017, 02:27:26 pm
So, if it was leadership, where did it come from?
Desperation?  There were enough changes that someone opened their mouth to CBB.

Porkchop#1

Stifle your selves haterz..it was a great loss!

Too bad it wasn't a home game so we could have torn down the goal post after the big loss!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 15, 2017, 02:44:18 pm
Stifle your selves haterz..it was a great loss!

Too bad it wasn't a home game so we could have torn down the goal post after the big loss!
Thats the attitude posters have been showing....

Do I need to add the sarcasm emoji?

Tejano Jawg

Last night I was watching the game while at a 'social function' so wasn't 100% engaged. Though kinda removed, 2 things stood out—Kelley indeed is a physical specimen, who can be a player, but didn't look good last night. Too many times I kept thinking "don't we practice?" We just looked dysfunctional, too many passes weren't close. I've got the game recorded, I'll watch it for real.

The other thing I felt, Nick Saban could have done anything he wanted last night. It may not have been totally obvious he was riding the brakes—or toying with us like a cat and a cricket—but I sensed a very controlled game by their O. Maybe they were just trying some things, or letting Hurts pass just enough to keep him warm. Not sure.

The most positive thing I can say—and this is all relative—losing 41-9 to Alabama (on paper) wasn't as bad as 48-22 to South Carolina or 28-7 to TCU. That's become the scale—not which is "best," but which is "less worst."
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Porkchop#1

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 15, 2017, 03:09:18 pm
Last night I was watching the game while at a 'social function' so wasn't 100% engaged. Though kinda removed, 2 things stood out—Kelley indeed is a physical specimen, who can be a player, but didn't look good last night. Too many times I kept thinking "don't we practice?" We just looked dysfunctional, too many passes weren't close. I've got the game recorded, I'll watch it for real.

I don't think we have time for all that practice jazz.  And absolutely, certainly not for the special teams mumbo jumbo.

Hayduke

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hawgdavis on October 15, 2017, 07:34:25 am
We will not beat Mizzu , they will score too easy and we won't. They put up 28 on UGA ( beat D in the country) who I personally think will run the table and beat Bama in the SECCG and win the playoff. Not sure we win another game but Coastal. We have plenty of talent but absolutely have an incompetent HC and OL coach just ask CK this morning he's feeling it. HC won't let his OC or DC do the job they were hired to do. We see glimpses of it from time to time and then he gets involved and we go conservative and back off again. Truly sad that we're in this situation again JLS 2.0. Without the smile.

Georgia doesn't have a good enough of an offense to score enough against Alabama.

Clemson is still the only team in the nation who has the required elite athletes and the required elite coaching to be successful against Alabama.

Don't let the loss to Syracuse be misleading.  Clemson will probably be more focused and should be firing on all cylinders the rest of the season.

A loss every now-and-then is good for a team who wins a lot.  Complacency can set in when winning a lot, and doubtful now that Clemson will have any complacency the rest of the season.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 14, 2017, 09:54:55 pm

I've never felt good about a 41-9 loss and I hope like hell I never do.
You're right.
It's about like saying, "That's the best kidney stone I've ever passed."

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 15, 2017, 07:36:21 am
This is where and who we are now. A program with a fanbase that is content, even happy, with a 32 point loss. They have beaten us down to accept losing. Good for them. They win.

Please point to the section of my post where I used the word, "happy"?

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: Steef on October 15, 2017, 06:05:38 am
Cole needs polish.

But he got his first SEC start ...
1. Against the number one tesm in the country
2. After they slept walked last week and Saban tore them a new one for it, so they were in buzz-saw mode.
3. On THEIR field.
4. Behind a Hog Oline that would have trouble blocking a high school team.
5. With only eight or nine plays to choose from and the Tide knows them better than Enos does.
6. Being blitzed every down.

And he never wavered. Never wilted. Was energetic and pushing his team on every play, when every fan in the country knew it was hopeless.

He checked down receivers. Worked his pocket pretty well. Shrugged off hits.

And never whined once.

He's a keeper.

Thanks for this positive example of what I was talking about.  Quite a few of the posters on this thread see this.  Those of you who don't must enjoy wallowing in misery. 

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on October 15, 2017, 04:35:00 pm
You're right.
It's about like saying, "That's the best kidney stone I've ever passed."
Have you passed different sized kidney stones?

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: Poop Hoggy Hogg on October 15, 2017, 09:21:03 am
This is the most pathetic post I have ever seen on this site. We lose 41-9 and fans are satisfied.

First of all, your name begins with "Poop".  Where did I ever state that I was satisfied? 

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 15, 2017, 09:32:40 am
This post should be a good barometer of the state of the program.  The Hogs got their teeth extracted and handed back to them and yet, someone here may be happy about it.

There must be a reading comprehension problem among some Hogville posters.  I never used the word, "happy" anywhere in my post.  Sorry, but as Tom Petty would say, "I won't back down"! 

hogcard1964

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on October 15, 2017, 04:47:25 pm
There must be a reading comprehension problem among some Hogville posters.  I never used the word, "happy" anywhere in my post.  Sorry, but as Tom Petty would say, "I won't back down"!

I think you're more aligned with "Even the Losers" get lucky sometimes. 

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 15, 2017, 04:49:47 pm

I think you're more aligned with "Even the Losers" get lucky sometimes. 

No doubt, that is a great song!  If we have to get lucky to win I will take that any day of the week!  The "Hunter Henry Heave" to Alex Collins which led to a lucky win at cheating Ole Miss was a lot of fun!  I wish you could have enjoyed that too! 

hogcard1964

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on October 15, 2017, 04:57:35 pm
No doubt, that is a great song!  If we have to get lucky to win I will take that any day of the week!  The "Hunter Henry Heave" to Alex Collins which led to a lucky win at cheating Ole Miss was a lot of fun!  I wish you could have enjoyed that too!

Are you a Fixx fan?

RedSkiesAtNightHog

hogcard1964

You're right.  I stand corrected. 

I saw them twice eons ago.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 15, 2017, 04:40:19 pm
Have you passed different sized kidney stones?
Yes, and they were all horrible, but a couple were more horrifying than the rest!