Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This guy has got to go now! Throwing more players under the bus...

Started by hawgon, October 09, 2017, 12:42:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

The Hawg Marshal

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Vantage 8 dude

DoubleReedHawgCaller

There's one of his dumbass comments I was afraid of.   #STFUANDDOYOURJOB!!
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

WilsonHog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on October 09, 2017, 12:48:30 pm
I really wish he hadn't said that.

Add this comment today from Bielema:

"There's some guys we recruited years ago that haven't developed. It's frustrating."

hawgon

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 09, 2017, 12:50:09 pm

"There's some guys we recruited years ago that haven't developed. It's frustrating."

Yeah I know.  Bad English.  He should have said, "...who haven't developed."

The Hawg Marshal

Let him keep digging that hole.

onebadrubi

He's telling you right there that he's making the switch to Oline to fit a different system then what he is wanting to run.  He doesn't have the personnel to run a fast quick O line, so he is partially correct, yet his OC is still calling the game like he does and it's getting blown up.  yet then he also trys to play a physical type of game at times, but then they also get blown up because they are trying to teach them and are playing the players that don't fit the physical game. 

Pick something and stick with it.  We won't go undefeated, but we will look like we know WTH we are doing.  We are seeing mass confusion in identity and it has been confirmed here by an awesome contributor to this board who is a parent of a player.

Wildhog

Tell me he didn't actually blame players (that he recruited) for not developing (which is his job.)
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Michael_E_Davis

Well,  is he throwing players under the bus,  or is he just telling the truth?  There does not seem to be a lot of talent and play makers on this team.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

onebadrubi

THis one is so obvious he didn't need to say it.  At some point he has to accept he didn't get the job done.  He is also going to have to let some of these guys learn trial by error in a game. 

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: Wildhog on October 09, 2017, 12:53:14 pm
Tell me he didn't actually blame players (that he recruited) for not developing (which is his job.)

You can only develop so much.  At some point,  natural talent has to take over.  If it isn't there,  it isn't there.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgon on October 09, 2017, 12:51:33 pm
Yeah I know.  Bad English.  He should have said, "...who haven't developed."

Maybe "who I haven't developed".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Redhogs

Hey Bert...you are frustrating..GET THE HELL OUT..JUST BE GONE..and take your miserable boss with you.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

jgphillips3

Wildhog

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 09, 2017, 12:54:15 pm
You can only develop so much.  At some point,  natural talent has to take over.  If it isn't there,  it isn't there.

Then don't sign them.  That's an evaluation issue.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HawgsPolo

So the same offensive line players he praised as he was recruiting them are now not good enough. I wish Brett would admit that he doesn't play the best players due to his ego.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Jek Tono Porkins

That excuse works in year 1 when you're thrown into a team that you didn't recruit.

That excuse does not work in year 5 when you recruited those players and are responsible for developing those players.

Essentially, he's saying "No, believe me, I'm still a good coach, I just don't have a whole lot to work with here." Well whose fault is that? In year 5?
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Redhogs

Except they were all evaluated, recruited, and developed by BERT...what a freaking loser...take some responsibility you fat slob!!!!!

hawgon

He is going to end up being as bad as Nutt, just not as bat darn crazy.

lahawg1

Oh no, don't talk about his lack of recruiting. You'll be told we can't do better and these are our expectations.  If you don't believe me read this thread.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=635591.0

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 09, 2017, 12:56:58 pm
That excuse works in year 1 when you're thrown into a team that you didn't recruit.

That excuse does not work in year 5 when you recruited those players and are responsible for developing those players.

Essentially, he's saying "No, believe me, I'm still a good coach, I just don't have a whole lot to work with here." Well whose fault is that? In year 5?

THAT is a good post of the day candidate.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

snoblind

Ragnar Hogbrok

Leaders lead. That, or they get replaced.

Our football program is a textbook example of leadership failure.  BB has some good qualities. However, it's apparent he isn't ready for the role of leader at this level.

Change is difficult. But dealing with failure of leadership sooner rather than later is much easier than allowing that lack of leadership to cause rooted, systemic problems.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Boarsnest

Hey Bret! Long hired a coach that just didn't work out! Pack your bags and leave!!!

Redhogs

Hogwild

Quote from: hawgon on October 09, 2017, 12:58:00 pm
He is going to end up being as bad as Nutt, just not as bat darn crazy.

CBB would have to win 48 of his next 67 games to finish with a record as bad as Nutt's.

Dwight_K_Shrute

If there isn't enough talent on the team, in year 5 it's his fault.

If the scheme run's contra to the talent they have it's his fault.  Good coaches adjust to give the players on hand the best chance to succeed.

If the players aren't being properly motivated or developed, it's his fault.

Now there are individual times when it may be the player's fault, but not the whole damn unit.  It's his and his crappy assistant.

The only thing either of them are developing is gout.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

onebadrubi

Match is bout to meet the gas trail

gchamblee

I never imagined CBB would be capable of walking on the backs of our kids to save himself, but this is looking pretty ugly.

HF#1

His comments are an admission of several things.

1. His evaluation of players is below average.
2. His is more than willing to throw former staff under the bus
3. His ability and the staff's ability to develop guys is below average.
4. He is not above chunking a kid or two under the bus.
5. He knows the end is near. This season is going to be uglier than I originally suspected.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Inhogswetrust

gchamblee

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 09, 2017, 12:53:19 pm
Well,  is he throwing players under the bus,  or is he just telling the truth?  There does not seem to be a lot of talent and play makers on this team.

When the truth is your kids aren't performing, you take the blame in public and point your fingers at them in practice. You then show them how to improve. But in public, you always take the blame for the bad and praise the kids for the good. It is not a difficult strategy to understand.

Vantage 8 dude

Sometimes the best course of action when standing in a very deep hole is to quit shoveling and try to actually get yourself out of it. Apparently he hasn't gotten the word.

BadHog

The only personnel problem I see is with the position coaches and their boss.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

oldhog63

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 09, 2017, 12:53:19 pm

I disagree with both statements. There is plenty of talent on the team. And, you start with natural talent and  develop it, not the other way around.

gchamblee

Every coach whiffs on a player. Not many coaches whiff on multiple players every darned year. If he wants me to get excited about those mid to low 20's ranked classes, like I have been, then those classes need to pan out. If he cant get them developed, then 4 and 5 star recruits aren't going to make us better.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

He's just burying himself now. The end is neigh and he knows it
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: oldhog63 on October 09, 2017, 01:10:48 pm
I disagree with both statements. There is plenty of talent on the team. And, you start with natural talent and  develop it, not the other way around.

Ok.

Redhogs

Quote from: gchamblee on October 09, 2017, 01:07:16 pm
I never imagined CBB would be capable of walking on the backs of our kids to save himself, but this is looking pretty ugly.
#integrity...this is what it looks like to Long I guess..

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 09, 2017, 12:54:45 pm
Then don't sign them.  That's an evaluation issue.

What, and listen to you gripe about not signing enough OL.... ;D

oldhog63

Quote from: gchamblee on October 09, 2017, 01:07:16 pm
Looks like he is not going to go quietly.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 01:14:24 pm
What, and listen to you gripe about not signing enough OL.... ;D

Tackles.  Listen to me gripe about not signing enough tackles.  :)
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Redhogs on October 09, 2017, 01:13:43 pm
#integrity...this is what it looks like to Long I guess..

I wish you wouldn't quote me. I hate the idea of having my opinion linked to your stupidity.