Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkfanchip

UCLA +5.5 (I know they are not very good but OState is terrible)

Oklahoma State +4 (A toss up game to me so take the plus 4)

Ole Miss  +10 (I know they are bad but the bulldog linebackers are terrible and I mean TERRIBLE!  I think Georgia wins but plus 10 on the road is a tall order.)

LSU -6.5 (This one kinda scares me because LSU offense is so bad and WVU may be able to hit some big pass plays.  But I think the defensive line is the difference.  From what I have seen LSU has the best defensive line in the country.

FSU +3 (Another battle of a great defense against a great offense.  I thought that Auburn controlled Clemson until a few TO changed the game.  FSU offense was stalemated last week but CLemson DLine and Linebackers are nowhere near the speed of OU)

Arkansas +11 (I usually stay away from Arkansas games but this seems to good to be true.  I am the one who said arkansas only had a 25% chance of winning but I don't think alabama blows Arkansas out.  I could see a ten point win at most from bama.  I realize that Bama defense is great but their offense is not going to be able to score on Arkansas like the experts think they will.  Our defense is not great but they are good enough to stop an average offense.)

SixtySecondsOfPitino

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 23, 2011, 11:27:14 am
LIne is up to Florida St +2.5.  This is what makes me take a closer look at this game; the line started at Florida St -3, 71% of the money is coming in on the Seminoles, and yet the line is moving in Clemson's favor.

Also adding

Georgia -10....1*
As I said earlier, I would have made this my lock of the year at 6.5-7, and even at 10 I still think Georgia wins handily. 45-7 Dawgs

Should go this way, but if Bolden gets more carries than Crowell, I could see OM pulling this out.  Then again, I would be surprised if UGA's defense doesn't dramatically improve as the season goes on.  They have way too much talent, size, and seasoning to be a middling defense, as they have been.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

September 23, 2011, 03:35:48 pm #202 Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 03:50:23 pm by hogfanintx
I already played the hogs +12.5 with my guy.  4 units

I don't like fl st.  Clemson always has talent. Major talent.  With Clemson it's all a matter of avoiding the game where they simply no show.

I like the Irish for 5 units.

More to come.  Been a great year so far even with bumps along the way.

Probably playing byu-2 at home tonight.
Let's make some waves.

Polecat

I played the money line on the Hogs to win.

Also 4-way parlayed the under in LSU game with
Georgia -10
Oregon -15
and SMU -22

Memphis may be the worst DI team in the past 3 or 4 years. 10x odds. Hope it pays off!
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

SixtySecondsOfPitino

September 23, 2011, 03:47:26 pm #204 Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 03:49:09 pm by SixtySecondsOfPitino
Quote from: Polecat on September 23, 2011, 03:45:23 pm
I played the money line on the Hogs to win.

Also 4-way parlayed the under in LSU game with
Georgia -10
Oregon -15
and SMU -22

Memphis may be the worst DI team in the past 3 or 4 years. 10x odds. Hope it pays off!

Nm

Hoggy1

Hogs +12
UGA -10
LSU -6
Oregon -15 1/2
Colorado +15
USC + 2 1/2

5 Teamer with UGA -10, Hogs +12, Michigan -11, LSU -6 and Miss State -20

Only 1 NFL so far, Chargers -15
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Boardon Hamsay

I ended up getting a few plays in early: UGA -6 (now -10) and Florida -11(now -17). Also took LSU -6, Nebraska -21, the WMU/Illinois over (53.5), OU -19, and Okie State +3.

Good luck to everyone on their investments!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

DadVader1

September 23, 2011, 04:23:16 pm #207 Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:26:24 pm by DadVader1
Ark +12.5
Vandy +15.5

and then, being a chicken,

LSU & Georgia on the money line.

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 23, 2011, 01:25:01 pm
I like UCF tonight.  Haven't decided if I'm going to make a play on the total yet.  Kind of like the OVER, but not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger.

Talk about a self destruction in the 2nd half....

I didn't end up taking the OVER, but I do have UCF.  This has been pitiful in the 2nd half.

SPAL

2.5 units on BYU at -1. Thank God for Reggie Fish

SixtySecondsOfPitino

UCF just gave the game away.   Even with great play from their backup QB, they squander it by allowing the kickoff return, dumbest muffed punt return I've seen, missed field goal, a fumble, and finally the late pick.  Simply gave the game away.

The Hogfather

Quote from: SixtySecondsOfPitino on September 24, 2011, 09:38:56 am
UCF just gave the game away.   Even with great play from their backup QB, they squander it by allowing the kickoff return, dumbest muffed punt return I've seen, missed field goal, a fumble, and finally the late pick.  Simply gave the game away.

Seriously.  That was a frustrating one to watch.  Oh well.  On to today!

Hoggy1

The Hogfather

Quote from: HoggyPetrino501 on September 24, 2011, 10:38:07 am
2-0 so far with Cincy -8 and BYU -2.

You got lucky with BYU.  Bastard...

Just messin with ya.  Who you got today?

SPAL

The Hogfather

IBGPN

my picks for today...
***2 Team Parlay:
1. Arkansas +17.0
2. Notre Dame -1.5
***2 Team Parlay:
1. LSU -1.0
2. LSU @ West Virginia: Under 52.0
***2 Team Parlay:
1. Miami -7.0
2. Oregon -10.5
***2 Team Parlay:
1. Georgia -4.0
2. Oklahoma State +10.0
Florida State +2.5
Georgia Tech -6.5

edit...the parlays are teasers. i use betbud app on my android and it calls them parlays.

The Hogfather

Quote from: IBGPN on September 24, 2011, 10:56:36 am
my picks for today...
***2 Team Parlay:
1. Arkansas +17.0
2. Notre Dame -1.5
***2 Team Parlay:
1. LSU -1.0
2. LSU @ West Virginia: Under 52.0
***2 Team Parlay:
1. Miami -7.0
2. Oregon -10.5
***2 Team Parlay:
1. Georgia -4.0
2. Oklahoma State +10.0
Florida State +2.5
Georgia Tech -6.5

Those aren't parlays.

IBGPN

damn you fast. i edited it soon as it posted. its that betbud app that does that.

The Hogfather

Quote from: IBGPN on September 24, 2011, 11:03:11 am
damn you fast. i edited it soon as it posted. its that betbud app that does that.

Ha!  Just didn't want people looking for those lines.  :)

yraciv

I'll post my top 5 in here today, which I have a variety of ways I've "invested" in them. Been on a roll lately, so hope I don't have a Hogville jinx.
Arkansas +12.5
SMU -24.5
S Car -15.5
Washington -1.5
Toledo +2

IBGPN

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 24, 2011, 11:05:31 am
Ha!  Just didn't want people looking for those lines.  :)
+1 no joke. i saw somebody had ND at -4. i wanted that!

WILL CLINTON

Adding

Texas A&M -4.5....1*
just a gut play really. No other reason.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Hoggy1

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 24, 2011, 10:40:35 am
You got lucky with BYU.  Bastard...

Just messin with ya.  Who you got today?

I've took BYU all 4 weeks this year, I'm 3-1 with em so they are trendy for me :D

For today it's

Hogs +12
UGA -10
LSU -6
Oregon -15 1/2
Colorado +15
USC + 2 1/2
Michigan St -22
SMU-22
TAMU -4
Temple +9
ND -7

5 Teamer with UGA -10, Hogs +12, Michigan -11, LSU -6 and Miss State -20

SixtySecondsOfPitino

Love watching Tech's triple option.  UNC's defensive lined can't withstand that many runs.

Boardon Hamsay

I am really regretting not taking SMU to cover on the road. Oh well, they've burned me a few times so probably best to stay disciplined in the long run vs an hour of two of regret.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

SPAL

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

WILL CLINTON

counting the LSU game as a win, I finished up 3-3 today...

2010-2011 record

12-9-0   Profit: $64  Bankroll: $1054

Thank you LSU.  Thank you asu.

Got a dime on Hawaii but who knows.  Huge week if they covet.
Let's make some waves.

Dear lord

-4 units on hogs
-4 units on the Irish.

Won 4 units on Clemson
Won 4 units on asu
Won 10 units at Hawaii
Cleaned up on LSU

Horrible start but even better finish.
Let's make some waves.

Well great week again so far let's try and keep it going.

Today I live Miami +2. Solid defense against Colt McCoy. Hillis is out and he helps take focus off colt. The phins at 0-2 it is a must win for then.

I know it's crazy but playing the giants +8 against Philly.

Riding that Detroit lions train and laying the points.  Lions-3 against the vikes.

Buffalo +7 at home against the pats.

More to follow.
Let's make some waves.

yraciv

Got screwed on Toledo, shouldn't have trusted the Hogs, but other then that it was a good day. I like the Ravens -5.5 today.

On ravens-7

Cards -3

Bears +4

Raiders +3

Steelers -10.5
Let's make some waves.

3 wins and one push on the early NFL action.

Hoping for good afternoon as well.
Let's make some waves.

Boardon Hamsay

September 25, 2011, 07:23:29 pm #235 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:25:19 pm by rlh06
Finished 5-2 on the week, 19-5 on the year.  Missed on OU covering and the Illinois/WMU over.

A few early lines this week of interest:

MSU at UGA -8
Arizona at USC -13.5
Bama at Florida +5
Clemson at VaTech -7
Memphis at MTSU -21
Nebraska at Wisconsin -9.5
OM at Fresno St -4.5
Oregon St at Ariz St -17
Auburn at USC-E -11.5
aTm vs Arkansas +3

DadVader1

A few below the radar games of interest this week:

Georgia Tech (4-0 ATS) -12 at NC State (0-4 ATS)
Navy (3-0 ATS) -3 at home against Air Force (0-3 ATS)
Ark State (4-0 ATS) -10.5 at W. Kentucky (1-2 ATS & 16-game home losing streak)

I'm also waiting on the Over for the Ark/A&M game.

daprospecta

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 26, 2011, 09:29:43 am
A few below the radar games of interest this week:

Georgia Tech (4-0 ATS) -12 at NC State (0-4 ATS)
Navy (3-0 ATS) -3 at home against Air Force (0-3 ATS)
Ark State (4-0 ATS) -10.5 at W. Kentucky (1-2 ATS & 16-game home losing streak)

I'm also waiting on the Over for the Ark/A&M game.

GT looks really good this year..........really good despite turnovers.
Western Kentucky seems to be headed north just a little. 
I always stay away from games like Navy and Air Force. Too many unpredictable things can happen in games like that.

arkfanchip

I went 3-3 last week in college and 2-0 on NFL games.  The over on Oakland and Jets was my lock of the year. 

This week I love Navy -3 (Neither team is good at stopping the run but Navy did play a great game at south carolina and the game is at home.  Air Force gave up over 400 yards to Tenn. St. also)  I think it will be a high scoring game.  45-35

Auburn +10.5- This spread has me baffled.  I am as close to saying this is a 5* lock as I can be.  I know Auburn defense is terrible but so is South Carolina.  Georgia is very average this season and scored 42 offensive points and south carolina was +1 on turnovers.  Auburn may not win but it will be a shootout and will be close.  If you can get 10.5 I would jump on it today.

Clemson +7 (I listened to VA. Tech struggle to move the ball on Arkansas State.  And I watched them barely move the ball on East Carolina.  I think VA. Tech defense is very good but Clemson has playmakers on offense.  I really pay attention to the lines when I watch and I don't think VA. Tech will overpower clemson line enough.  I think VA. Tech will win a close game in the 20's.

daprospecta

Quote from: arkfanchip on September 26, 2011, 12:52:52 pm
I went 3-3 last week in college and 2-0 on NFL games.  The over on Oakland and Jets was my lock of the year. 

This week I love Navy -3 (Neither team is good at stopping the run but Navy did play a great game at south carolina and the game is at home.  Air Force gave up over 400 yards to Tenn. St. also)  I think it will be a high scoring game.  45-35

Auburn +10.5- This spread has me baffled.  I am as close to saying this is a 5* lock as I can be.  I know Auburn defense is terrible but so is South Carolina.  Georgia is very average this season and scored 42 offensive points and south carolina was +1 on turnovers.  Auburn may not win but it will be a shootout and will be close.  If you can get 10.5 I would jump on it today.

Clemson +7 (I listened to VA. Tech struggle to move the ball on Arkansas State.  And I watched them barely move the ball on East Carolina.  I think VA. Tech defense is very good but Clemson has playmakers on offense.  I really pay attention to the lines when I watch and I don't think VA. Tech will overpower clemson line enough.  I think VA. Tech will win a close game in the 20's.
The Clemson game is a coin flip to me.  You have one a good offense versus a good defense but that good defense is at home and that good offense hasn't left home yet. UCSE plus Lattimore plus Aubie's giving up 4.5 yards per carry spells trouble, maybe not 11 point win trouble but trouble.

Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

For this week:

Bama -4....3*
I have no idea what people are seeing to jump on Florida so hard that they have pushed this line down from -6. I saw -6 as a gimme, and this is almost a lock. Florida probably get beat as bad as we did, but they will still lose by a TD+.

New Mexico St -2.5....1*
I don't see New Mexico beating much of anything, the spread, the team, the heat...nothing

Oklahoma -37.5....2*
After the close call last weekend, the Sooners are going to come out and try to have their starters sitting in the 2nd qtr after they put up about 50...this one isn't even close and if Ball St scores, I'll be amazed...unless its against the students that Oklahoma picks out of the crowd at halftime to finish the game. if OU will punish a conference rival 77-7, they may score 120.

Texas Tech -6.5....1*
I think kansas is overvalued because of the win last week against Miami, but Tommy T will be trying to get either the Ole Miss or Georgia HC for the rest of the year so as soon as this went under 7 I bit.

Ole Miss +3.5....3*
Everyone has been wondering which game Nutt bucks up and wins that he shouldn't. This game has that written all over it. They are underdogs to a "weaker" team from a weaker conference so Nutt even has the fire'em up ammo he will need after the game to break his arm patting his own back.

For the record, this thread has had some major win lately in picking, if I have the time after I study for my Philosophy exam, I may get a overall record going.

That would be cool will.  If I can be of any help compiling numbers please let me know.  Question is do we use only picks that were posted before the games.  I think that would be the way to go.  I mean I posted 2 or 3 that I did not put up beforehand.  I don't think they should count because I could say anything after the fact.

Hope that made sense.  If not we can always take people's word for it. ;)

Lol joking I don't care how it's done.  I have had pretty decent numbers either way.
Let's make some waves.

daprospecta

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 27, 2011, 05:22:05 pm
For this week:

Bama -4....3*
I have no idea what people are seeing to jump on Florida so hard that they have pushed this line down from -6. I saw -6 as a gimme, and this is almost a lock. Florida probably get beat as bad as we did, but they will still lose by a TD+.

New Mexico St -2.5....1*
I don't see New Mexico beating much of anything, the spread, the team, the heat...nothing

Oklahoma -37.5....2*
After the close call last weekend, the Sooners are going to come out and try to have their starters sitting in the 2nd qtr after they put up about 50...this one isn't even close and if Ball St scores, I'll be amazed...unless its against the students that Oklahoma picks out of the crowd at halftime to finish the game. if OU will punish a conference rival 77-7, they may score 120.

Texas Tech -6.5....1*
I think kansas is overvalued because of the win last week against Miami, but Tommy T will be trying to get either the Ole Miss or Georgia HC for the rest of the year so as soon as this went under 7 I bit.

Ole Miss +3.5....3*
Everyone has been wondering which game Nutt bucks up and wins that he shouldn't. This game has that written all over it. They are underdogs to a "weaker" team from a weaker conference so Nutt even has the fire'em up ammo he will need after the game to break his arm patting his own back.

For the record, this thread has had some major win lately in picking, if I have the time after I study for my Philosophy exam, I may get a overall record going.
I wouldn't touch Ole Miss at all right now. I also wouldn't touch the New Mexico St. game either because NM just fired their coach and that can motivate players at times.  I haven't locked anything in yet but these are my current leans.  I haven't had a chance to update lines so they may be a tad off.

USF +2
Temple -7
Baylor -4.5
N. Illinois -10
Arizona +13.5
Washington +7
Alabama -4.5

I really want to play the Georgia Tech game at -11.5 but 96% of the public is on them and the line actually moved toward toward GT a half a point.  Seems like the books want people to take GT.

SPAL

1-1-1 on saturday.

no plays on sunday.

Hit a big parlay on monday with the skins +3 and the under 45 total.

Blutoblutarsky

Anyone like the USF-Pitt action tonight?  USF -4. O/u 51. At Pittsburgh

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on September 29, 2011, 03:05:34 pm
Anyone like the USF-Pitt action tonight?  USF -4. O/u 51. At Pittsburgh

I really don't "like" either one, but the line started out at Pitt -3 and "the public" is on USF hard core, as in, moved the line 6 points in little under an hour. USF is also 2-5 in its last 7 vs Pitt...

daprospecta

I was going to take USF last night but backed off because they don't play Pitt very well.  I have dwindled my leans down to Washington +10 and Arizona +13.5

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

daprospecta

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 30, 2011, 02:19:17 pm
Bama -4
Don't ask me why but I think that one point might crucial in this matchup.  I think Bama wins by 3