Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Running Thread

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, July 31, 2013, 06:18:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hilljack

Tempo run today... Trying to shave some time off my run time.  Ran my 1st mile at a 6 minute pace.  It hurt a bit, but wasn't too bad.  Finished the remaining 2 miles at my usual 8 min pace.  Then the wife made me eat chicken and waffles for lunch/dinner.  Good thing I have a long ride scheduled for tomorrow!

Pulled(PP)pork

hawgrunner

I love a solid long ride after a good run.

Pulled(PP)pork

Pulled(PP)pork

another easy 30 (should have been 45, but I read my schedule wrong): 3.25mi

PP

ldfergu

Good job on everyone running!  Im starting to re-work it back into my training.  Did a 5k this morning and finished in 26:32...  Not too bad but would like to be closer to the 24m mark.

Keep up the good work :razorback:

Pulled(PP)pork

I'm getting frustrated....between the cold azz temps and the boredom that ensues when on a treadmill, I'm stumped on how to get back into my groove

PP

Hogsmo Kramer

Hey guys any of ya'll do or have done an adventure race before?

Just curious because I've been interested in participating in one for a while and will be moving to the NWA area pretty soon so I was thinking bout doing one this year.

Anybody know of any in the area worth giving a shot?
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Coondog Hog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on January 26, 2014, 09:10:19 am
I'm getting frustrated....between the cold azz temps and the boredom that ensues when on a treadmill, I'm stumped on how to get back into my groove

PP

How cold has it been where you are? Ive done my best to layer up in light weight layers and go under armour/ spandex and fleece.  Don't know if you facebook or not, but make a public declaration you are running a race on whatever date it is, fear of failure to do it after shooting off at the mouth has kept me going all winter.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Coondog Hog on January 26, 2014, 09:09:42 pm
How cold has it been where you are? Ive done my best to layer up in light weight layers and go under armour/ spandex and fleece.  Don't know if you facebook or not, but make a public declaration you are running a race on whatever date it is, fear of failure to do it after shooting off at the mouth has kept me going all winter.
seems like when I can actually get out there, it's 25deg.  I did my run on the treadmill today, longest ever at 80min/8mi.  But man did I wear out my nipples.....burrrrrrrrn

PP

Junkyard Hog

10 miles in 100 minutes this morning.

Pulled(PP)pork

Anybody ever start on their workout and just doesn't end up as planned? 

Case in Point:
I was to do zone interval training yesterday, with a 10min warm up, then zone 4 (80% of my max-uncomfortable)x 6mins, then zone 2 (60% of max-comfortable)x 2mins....repeating 3 more times.
Well, I got about 2.5 of the 4 cycles done and just felt blah.  I stepped off the treadmill took a break and then got back on and did 20mins of hills at a level 4 and 6mph.

I felt like a loser, and quitter....just plain worthless.

PP

Delicious~Dreams

I think all of us at some point or another can feel frustrated at how we are progressing towards a goal.  I know I do at times....it becomes more reality that I'm getting older but also we have more in our lives than just training....kids, jobs etc.  but I have found that even if I have to modify something to suit and benefit me, the reward is great when I do achieve it.

Hang in and run hard.   Just remember,  it's at your own pace and time. :)

Hawgzilla

At 53 years of age I sometimes workout like there's an Athlete still in here....And im told wrong the next day....Doing the T25 and they have a modifier, so  im hitting it everyday.....I feel like anything I do can only me good and make me feel human...keep up the great runs guys y'all are an inspiration to me.

ldfergu

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on January 29, 2014, 07:10:58 am
Anybody ever start on their workout and just doesn't end up as planned? 

Case in Point:
I was to do zone interval training yesterday, with a 10min warm up, then zone 4 (80% of my max-uncomfortable)x 6mins, then zone 2 (60% of max-comfortable)x 2mins....repeating 3 more times.
Well, I got about 2.5 of the 4 cycles done and just felt blah.  I stepped off the treadmill took a break and then got back on and did 20mins of hills at a level 4 and 6mph.

I felt like a loser, and quitter....just plain worthless.

PP

This happens to everyone.  You get to the them, warm up bench with 135, do it twice and think...What the hell am I doing here?  Happened to me today.  So I went to the pool and swam for an hour.  Still got a good workout in.

If your not feelin it just go do something you don't normally do.

Pulled(PP)pork

and then yesterday, I ran 40mins with an arch strain.....pain in every step.  I can be a dummy sometimes

PP

Junkyard Hog

Ran 5 this morning.  Typically around a 10min/mile pace.  I ran the third mile in 8min.  Felt like I was sprinting!

Delicious~Dreams

I gotta pick up the pace this month...only ran 38 miles this month....had upper respiratory stuff..hopefully that's over with.   

5k in Russellville Arkansas this next weekend.

Pulled(PP)pork

Delicious~Dreams

Ran 2.21 miles in my first snow and freezing rain!    Felt awesome!    It slowed my pace a little but it was fun. :)

hawgrunner

Was a little under the weather past week and half didn't fun but 3 miles in over 8 days. Then Tuesday went out and my wife as me how far and I said more than likely about 3 miles but we'll see. Well 10 miles later I made it back!  Boy did it feel good. 

Delicious~Dreams

I hope you are feeling better!   I ran a little over 6 miles yesterday but broke it up into 3 mile runs.  I'm adjusting to the cold temps but I still love 100 degree runs more:)

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on February 05, 2014, 03:38:34 pm
Ran 2.21 miles in my first snow and freezing rain!    Felt awesome!    It slowed my pace a little but it was fun. :)

Lol, I did the same two nights ago.

2 miles at 23 degrees with a 17 degree wind chill and snow and ice everywhere.

It was exhilarating and I had ice frozen to my beanie from the steam coming off my head when I finished.

The wife thought I was insane. :)

Coondog Hog

Been keeping busy myself lately.  I'm going to be ready for the Hogeye Half on 3/29.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan

Delicious~Dreams

Wow!   That's awesome!   It looks like you are ready.  I wish I could run that many miles....do you take rest days most times or could you run that everyday?  It's frustrating because my legs get so tired!! 

I have a friend who is going to run it.  I heard the elevation is quite a bit on this run. 

Delicious~Dreams

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on February 09, 2014, 08:28:30 pm
Lol, I did the same two nights ago.

2 miles at 23 degrees with a 17 degree wind chill and snow and ice everywhere.

It was exhilarating and I had ice frozen to my beanie from the steam coming off my head when I finished.

The wife thought I was insane. :)

A very good friend told me that's the best compliment as a runner....you're crazy! :)

I'm starting to think that most of the cold weather running is a mindset.  Just block it out and go run. :)

Coondog Hog

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on February 10, 2014, 01:55:59 am
Wow!   That's awesome!   It looks like you are ready.  I wish I could run that many miles....do you take rest days most times or could you run that everyday?  It's frustrating because my legs get so tired!! 

I have a friend who is going to run it.  I heard the elevation is quite a bit on this run. 

I have to have rest days.  I can go consecutive days but only for a few.  I have a training schedule, but with weather, work and kids I run when I can fit it in.  I keep my long runs on the weekend.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on February 10, 2014, 01:57:50 am
A very good friend told me that's the best compliment as a runner....you're crazy! :)

I'm starting to think that most of the cold weather running is a mindset.  Just block it out and go run. :)

I agree.

It only sucks for the first little bit then its not too bad.

I'm bout to go hit another 2-3 as we speak and looky there its a balmy 27 degrees, that's 4 degrees higher than last time.

I'm feeling frisky already!!!

Can't wait for the 100 degree weather.  ;D

Delicious~Dreams

It's supposed to be around 70 degrees on Sunday!!!(here in Arkansas) I can not wait!!!  I have a long run planned hopefully:)

3.12 miles yesterday in 32* made me run a little faster...got my time under 28min. Lol!!:)

hawgrunner

Delicious~Dreams

Nice run!   I love mapmyrun.....so glad my friend told me about it. :)

I ran 4.24 miles yesterday.....in 40min.   Elevation was just around 100,  I decided I'm not running anything less than a 5k every time I run now.....I'll see how long that lasts!  Lol!

Pulled(PP)pork

Hogsmo Kramer

Just FYI for you guys there's an awesome deal going on at Kohls on shoes, winter apparel, etc.

I used it in conjunction with some deals on amazon and my credit card points to get a brand new $180 keurig coffee machine, two pairs of new balance shoes, a new jacket, and an adidas running zip up hoodie for $115. Retail for all is right around $505.

The two pairs of shoes I got on amazon but they've got some decent ones on the kohls website (asics, new balance) that are on sell as well as running and workout gear. I signed up for a kohls card and got 20% off my entire purchase in store plus $40 kohls cash and an additional 30% off my next purchase which I used today online.

Anyway just wanted to pass along if anyone's interested.

YtownHog

Man I just found this thread!  Anybody running LR this weekend?

I'll be doing my 2nd half, looking to be under 2 hours this time.  I was 2:05 last year for my first ever.

Will be coming back to tho thread in the future!

Tai_Mai_Shu

Ran two miles yesterday. Been battling some illness. Feels good to get some cardio in.

Delicious~Dreams

I ran this weekend... I'm having a hard time adjusting back to the colder temps....so much for just blocking it out!!!!     

YtownHog

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on February 26, 2014, 03:41:37 pm
I ran this weekend... I'm having a hard time adjusting back to the colder temps....so much for just blocking it out!!!!   

I've gotten used to the cold temps ok, but certainly not looking forward to 13.1 miles in rain this weekend.  I've never run in rain so not really sure how to handle it.

Coondog Hog

Quote from: YtownHog on February 26, 2014, 04:40:51 pm
I've gotten used to the cold temps ok, but certainly not looking forward to 13.1 miles in rain this weekend.  I've never run in rain so not really sure how to handle it.

I have to do 11 Saturday morning i'm hoping the rain will hold off.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

hawgrunner

Got a 5 mile trail run in,  started and ended at Cal State tracks with some sprints!

Hogsmo Kramer

Jogged on Sunday 1 mile to a steep 60 yard hill, sprinted up it 8 times, then jogged back 1 mile.

Absolutely sucked but I got it done.

Was supposed to do it yesterday and I said frick it. It was 20 damn degrees again! I'll jog in that crap but I'm not doing hill sprints with my luck I'll pull something.

Opted for 200 kettbell swings and a ton of push-ups instead INSIDE. I'll do the hills on Saturday when it's supposed to be 45 degrees after lifting weights.

Delicious~Dreams

Quote from: YtownHog on February 26, 2014, 04:40:51 pm
I wouldn't want to run in the rain either.   It's slick, and I always have to slow my pace a little.  Good Luck!   

I ran....just wasn't into it today ......the Bike Race in the Ouachita Challenge 60 miler I seen on the map looks hard.     A lot of benefit races listed coming up...I may have to sign up for some to push my pace time faster! :)

YtownHog

Doesn't look like I'm going to make the LR race this weekend.  Calling for major ice storm here in northern Arkansas.  I sure don't want to get stuck coming home.  Really sucks for all the training and time I committed over the past 3-4 months.  I'm going to try and maybe do Conway's half later in the year.  I hear that's a pretty good event and then there's a half/full in Cotter in November.

Anybody running in the 5k/10k race in fort smith on the 8th?

Hogbody

I'm running the LR half in the morning. Weather should be ok till afterwards, but wet

Done the soaring wings in Conway twice, love it

Just signed up for the Russ Vegas half in April. Supposed to be pretty flat

YtownHog

Good luck!  Hope the rain holds off on you.  Freezing rain starting here by 6am they say.  Just not worth leaving my wife and 2 year old over!

Hogbody

Definitely a good call for you not to come from up there

It held off for my half pretty well, didn't get bad until after I was done

Now to get in better shape for the RussVegas in April, trying for a PR

YtownHog

Did you finish before they started rerouting people?  Some people were saying it was cancelled and even said there were signs saying so.  Really weird deal.

I'm definitely shooting for Conway's half.  Going to try to get a 10k in this weekend in Fort Smith, but looking like another chance of rain.

Delicious~Dreams

I wish I could go run about 20 right now.   

Hogbody

Quote from: YtownHog on March 04, 2014, 07:57:13 pm
Did you finish before they started rerouting people?  Some people were saying it was cancelled and even said there were signs saying so.  Really weird deal.

I'm definitely shooting for Conway's half.  Going to try to get a 10k in this weekend in Fort Smith, but looking like another chance of rain.

Yah I only did the half and finished probably an hour before the reroute. Sucks about the miscommunication and people being told it was cancelled.

Starting to get pumped about this Russellville one. Really want to get under 1:35.

I'll do the Conway one again if I'm back from Taiwan in time.

Coondog Hog

Saturday is my 12 mile run of my half marathon training program.  I think I'm going to go ahead and get 13.5 and get that mental hurdle out of the way. just a few more weekends till Hogeye time.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

Delicious~Dreams

Good Luck and remember to enjoy your run!  I sometimes get to caught up in my times and the other day I thought.....who cares?   Just live and enjoy the run.  Warmer today....think I'll try to run.....ran 6 miles and my legs were tired the next day.   Ready for spring and to start back a routine hopefully.