Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No More Tent City?

Started by HogPhilosophy, August 31, 2012, 11:19:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

What happened to the days when students were defiant and did what they wanted?

HogHomer

Someone was saying create a different system well FSU has a system where you sign up the Sunday before the game and based on a point system (Seniority, Sign in at other games, booster club) you get a ticket.

who knows

September 05, 2012, 03:49:37 am #52 Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:54:01 am by who knows
they should be able to do what they want!!

bring back the tents!
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

The Great Hambino

Quote from: ATU HOG on September 04, 2012, 07:48:26 pm
All I can say is, the couch is going to be out there and I'm gonna be on it.  I want to camp for Bama, actually I can't wait.  I probably won't go to class that much either.  Gotta go to 1 or 2 for sure, but for the most part I'm gonna be out there having a good time.

I want to camp out for Bama, it's going to be a blast.  But we do need a better system.  Each student needs an assigned seat.  I talked to one of the head people in charge of student affairs I'm assuming and he said that's an athletic thing, talk to Jeff Long or somebody high up in the Athletic Department.  Don't get me wrong, I will wait in line for however long it takes to get where I want to seat, but I think it's pretty stupid waiting in line all day for Jacksonville St., Tulsa, Rutgers, etc...  They definately need a better system because I would like to tailgate and have some fun before the game instead of sitting on concrete outside the stadium for a non SEC team.  I understand waiting for Bama and LSU, but it pisses me off waiting in line for 2 plus hours and then watching people cut right up to the front.

But on another note, if allowed to camp for Bama I am going to take the couch.  I was wondering if Hogville could help me out.  I want to deck the couch out this year.  A big tailgate tent over it, a generator for some music/tv/ x box.  Just some things that would be cool to have and you could come by and get it Saturday morning before the game.  It'd just be cool to have!

Based on the quality of this post, I think you should go to class.

Athog

Yeah let's blame Jeff Long that seems logical. LOL!!

Redhogs

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on September 04, 2012, 07:11:30 pm
I don't know if Jeff Long really has anything to do with this.  He might be able to step in and help in some way though.  Anyone know who the person is that is the decision maker on things like this?  We need that name and email address and twitter account.

I've never seen a school try so hard to make it difficult to be a fan of the team.  To do the fun things and the free things that makes being a fan and/or college student off limits is just difficult to understand.

Oh, you might also want to contact some of the BOT and remind them that you are future rich alumni that will lack some of the emotional connection from a lack of memories made by shutting you guys out.

Watch, they will eventually allow you to camp out there, but they will charge you for it.  That day is coming.
Good post...you would think JL would have allot to do with this decision as AD though....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

RazrRila99

Quote from: IronHog on September 04, 2012, 09:13:26 pm

Good.

Act like you've been there.... even though you haven't.

Why is it good?  Just about every big time program has "tent cities" before (big) games.  Its part of the experience in my opinion.  The tent city doesnt deter from the "been there" mentality, not rushing the field after we beat 'Bama would be the "been there" moment. 

ATU HOG

Blockisland

Just heard that camping spots go on sale Monday. They are priced between $500 and $100, that's per student

Deepwoods

Quote from: ATU HOG on September 04, 2012, 07:48:26 pm
All I can say is, the couch is going to be out there and I'm gonna be on it.  I want to camp for Bama, actually I can't wait.  I probably won't go to class that much either.  Gotta go to 1 or 2 for sure, but for the most part I'm gonna be out there having a good time.

I want to camp out for Bama, it's going to be a blast.  But we do need a better system.  Each student needs an assigned seat.  I talked to one of the head people in charge of student affairs I'm assuming and he said that's an athletic thing, talk to Jeff Long or somebody high up in the Athletic Department.  Don't get me wrong, I will wait in line for however long it takes to get where I want to seat, but I think it's pretty stupid waiting in line all day for Jacksonville St., Tulsa, Rutgers, etc...  They definately need a better system because I would like to tailgate and have some fun before the game instead of sitting on concrete outside the stadium for a non SEC team.  I understand waiting for Bama and LSU, but it pisses me off waiting in line for 2 plus hours and then watching people cut right up to the front.

But on another note, if allowed to camp for Bama I am going to take the couch.  I was wondering if Hogville could help me out.  I want to deck the couch out this year.  A big tailgate tent over it, a generator for some music/tv/ x box.  Just some things that would be cool to have and you could come by and get it Saturday morning before the game.  It'd just be cool to have!

You need to turn that couch into a Razorback. Put a head on one end, a tail on the other. Know any engineering students that could help you motorize it? And get blow up dolls with the Game Day crew's heads on them to sit on the couch with you (whether Game Day is here or not). I would do it if was younger and had the time and connections.
And if you're wrong...what are the consequences?

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Deepwoods on September 05, 2012, 01:45:31 pm
You need to turn that couch into a Razorback. Put a head on one end, a tail on the other. Know any engineering students that could help you motorize it? And get blow up dolls with the Game Day crew's heads on them to sit on the couch with you (whether Game Day is here or not). I would do it if was younger and had the time and connections.

^^ That would be awesome.

Got to support the defiance. If the school stops tent city for health or safety reasons I understand.

Stopping tent city to get kids to class is pointless. Its college, sink or swim, this is the time in life when you learn self responsibilty. Let them have fun. If they can party and pass classes good for them, you get a degree. If not, see ya. Its college, not that complicated.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on September 05, 2012, 02:10:11 pm
^^ That would be awesome.

Got to support the defiance. If the school stops tent city for health or safety reasons I understand.

Stopping tent city to get kids to class is pointless. Its college, sink or swim, this is the time in life when you learn self responsibilty. Let them have fun. If they can party and pass classes good for them, you get a degree. If not, see ya. Its college, not that complicated.

This.  LET THEM CAMP, LET THEM CAMP, LET THEM CAMP!!!!
Retired Radio Host

Swineasaur

Looks like I'll be pitching my tent on the frat lawns  :razorback: WPS!

ATU HOG

I would love to turn the couch into a hog, but unfortunately I can't.  The couch belonged to my aunt who passed some years ago, and my parents already weren't happy that I took it out there since it belonged to her and it is meaningful.  I convinced them I would take care of it, and nothing would happen so we are good there.  Turning it into a hog couch would cross the line though.  Hope you understand, or without a doubt I would.

panhandlepig

Quote from: ATU HOG on September 05, 2012, 09:25:11 pm
I would love to turn the couch into a hog, but unfortunately I can't.  The couch belonged to my aunt who passed some years ago, and my parents already weren't happy that I took it out there since it belonged to her and it is meaningful.  I convinced them I would take care of it, and nothing would happen so we are good there.  Turning it into a hog couch would cross the line though.  Hope you understand, or without a doubt I would.

Let me give you some advise about family heirlooms.  If it's a piece of jewerly or a watch....something small. Or something really valuable, by all means keep it.  But a couch?  Do whatever you want with it.

Fayettechill14

I live at Sigma Nu and our understanding is that camping is allowed for Alabama, but waivers will handed to campers so that only those that actually camp can hold the line. The Associated Student Govt is very pro-camping.

ATU HOG

Quote from: panhandlepig on September 05, 2012, 09:30:54 pm
     Let me give you some advise about family heirlooms.  If it's a piece of jewerly or a watch....something small. Or something really valuable, by all means keep it.  But a couch?  Do whatever you want with it.
One of the only things we have left.  Can't do it man.  If it was 100% mine, I would.  But it's not.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: FaytownHog on September 04, 2012, 07:22:02 pm
Students camp in Little Rock? If someone camps in LR, ESPECIALLY that part of LR, then I think it's considered "Natural Selection" whatever happens to them!

"that part of little rock..."

Lol. You are adorable.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hobhog

They should have assigned seats anyway, using lotto system each game. Problem solved.

pigture perfect

It's not about assigning seats, that's cool. What it is about, is letting these kids have a good time. Look at what happens when these pseudo pep rallies are allowed. The crowds are much livelier. Something Fayetteville desperately needs.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 05, 2012, 09:37:13 pm
I live at Sigma Nu and our understanding is that camping is allowed for Alabama, but waivers will handed to campers so that only those that actually camp can hold the line. The Associated Student Govt is very pro-camping.
I don't know if it is a for sure yes yet but yes the ASG is trying really hard to let us camp
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Deepwoods

Quote from: ATU HOG on September 05, 2012, 09:25:11 pm

I bet somebody on H-ville has an old couch you can do what you want with. Heck, I may even have one!
And if you're wrong...what are the consequences?

Ugly Uncle

I don't know where that house is, but if it is close to the stadium you should have a concert that night for all the folks camping out.  I would bring by a couple of pizzas as well.
Retired Radio Host

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on September 06, 2012, 12:14:42 am
I don't know where that house is, but if it is close to the stadium you should have a concert that night for all the folks camping out.  I would bring by a couple of pizzas as well.

Immediately across from Barnhill, closest to the stadium.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 12:44:40 am

Then lets get a band.  I'll promote it on here, on my radio show and all my social media.  We will try to get sponsors for food and drinks and have a blast doing it.  You guys get some honorary greek shirts to give to the old people like me that will be helping and it could be a huge deal!
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 12:44:40 am

I'll even see if I can get 3b radio from 104.9 the X to come out there.  Maybe have some giveaways.  It would be a blast.
Retired Radio Host

HogPhilosophy

Love, Honor, Truth

HogPhilosophy

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on September 05, 2012, 12:57:14 am
Hogphil, you tell me how I can help and I will do it.

I am wanting to find out who is the one doing the decision making and then once that is figured out, adress them accordingly by the masses.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: HogPhilosophy on September 06, 2012, 02:01:11 am
I am wanting to find out who is the one doing the decision making and then once that is figured out, adress them accordingly by the masses.
I like this idea.  I don't think I know a single student who doesn't love camping.  I camped last year and loved it.  Unfortunately, I'm only a sophomore so I missed Bama 2010.  At least I won't miss Bama 2012!  :razorback: :razorback:
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

who knows

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on September 06, 2012, 01:32:40 am
I'll even see if I can get 3b radio from 104.9 the X to come out there.  Maybe have some giveaways.  It would be a blast.
Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on September 06, 2012, 01:31:29 am
Then lets get a band.  I'll promote it on here, on my radio show and all my social media.  We will try to get sponsors for food and drinks and have a blast doing it.  You guys get some honorary greek shirts to give to the old people like me that will be helping and it could be a huge deal!

you are good people!!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Sounds to me like they are trying to encourage a 2:00 pm foot race followed by. 2:01 fist fight.

Let's make some waves.

deblaylock06

Quote from: who knows on September 05, 2012, 03:49:37 am
they should be able to do what they want!!

bring back the tents!

This video says it all!

but what kind of car is this?  people seem to dig it.  Sounds like a old mustang or camaro

deblaylock06

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 06, 2012, 08:43:54 am
Sounds to me like they are trying to encourage a 2:00 pm foot race followed by. 2:01 fist fight.

agreed.  If you want to get rid of the camping and tents you have to fix the whole system not just try to delay it.  That just causes more problems.

I live right by USCe and they just changed their student ticket sales system a few years back when they started to actually win games.  They do it like the one mentioned before.  Seniority, points from attending other sports games, etc.

If you apply for a ticket and don't attend the game, you get penalized. 

As a freshman its hard to get tickets to big games unless you go watch soccer, volleyball, baseball, basketball, gymnastics, softball, etc etc etc.

It increases attendance at less popular sports and it allows the biggest fans to get into the game so that the stadium isn't empty after halftime each Saturday.

It's worked out for them so far...don't see why it couldn't work for us.

THESE are the things that make me question Jeff Long.  I don't mind his hiring/firing decisions at all.  He's always done what he had to.  But outside of that he's made some questionable decisions on certain things. 

who knows

Quote from: deblaylock06 on September 06, 2012, 09:12:12 am
This video says it all!

but what kind of car is this?  people seem to dig it.  Sounds like a old mustang or camaro

the video says 69' Chevelle SS...

deblaylock06

Quote from: who knows on September 07, 2012, 03:35:25 am
the video says 69' Chevelle SS...

sorry, didn't click on video info...

just didn't see it in the title

Hawg Balling

Quote from: BillyJoeOzark on September 07, 2012, 06:29:59 am
a few times i have lived in a tent as well and i think the universady has no rite to keep students out of tents if that is what they do afterall its the students tuiton that makes the school run this is outradgius

Sweet Jesus, please tell me you're not a student. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Hawg Balling on September 07, 2012, 09:34:47 am
Sweet Jesus, please tell me you're not a student. 

Not since grade six
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 07, 2012, 11:41:06 am
Not since grade six

Yes, but that was the hardest three years of his life.