Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Food plots and all,

Started by 1highhog, September 06, 2009, 12:16:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

I went out and put out my feeders this past weekend along with my cameras.  I've also got all of my bushhogging done.  What are you guys going to use for food plots?  I usually don't put out food plots, but this year decided to give it a shot.  What are you planting and where do you buy it?

Southerneyes

I put out some Imperial Clover in the spring and the deer really like it....Last week I put out some "Pure Attraction" which consist of oats,Austrian Winter Peas and Brassica. After the first frost the deer will hammer the Brassica....You could buy it online at www.whitetailinstitute.com

1highhog

Thanks Southerneyes, I'll give it a look.  I have seen so many deer this year on my lease that I can't wait for the season to start.

195bc

September 06, 2009, 09:55:21 pm #3 Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 09:57:25 pm by 195bc
Quote from: Southerneyes on September 06, 2009, 04:03:21 pm
I put out some Imperial Clover in the spring and the deer really like it....Last week I put out some "Pure Attraction" which consist of oats,Austrian Winter Peas and Brassica. After the first frost the deer will hammer the Brassica....You could buy it online at www.whitetailinstitute.com

Save your money. You can buy better varieties for a lot cheaper. There is absolutely nothing special about their products, quite the opposite actually.

You need to answer the following questions:
Do you want an annual or perennial?
Do you have low pH or neutral pH?
Do you have well-drained soil or heavy soil?
Do you have a shady spot or sunny spot?

deshahawg

I've always had good luck just putting out wheat, peas, and oats.