Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deer Lease question.

Started by 1highhog, August 10, 2008, 06:29:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

I hunted last year in a lease near Gurdon Arkansas that my Boss and his best buddy has leased for the last 15 years or so.  They have 1500 acres and have killed some massive bucks off of it.  This year, he decided to open it up so me and my son-in-law could join up with them and form a four person club, with "NO" more people, just us.  The lease would cost each of us $1125.00.  I don't want to pay that much, because I only hunt modern gun and usually only hunt no more than 2 or 3 days tops.  I was going to do it because my wife has caught the hunting bug after going with me last year. 
When I told my boss that I would probaly go ahead and do that, he said, good, but as far as bringing my wife he really did'nt want any women down there, because him and his buddy like to "cat" around.  So bringing down my wife was not an option or bringing down anyone for that matter was not an option.  Okay I said.  But he then said that he would bring his daughter down some, who is 35 by the way, because she for a woman hunts alot but she's not part of the lease.  I know this is a long story so just bare with me.  Anyway, I got to thinking and decided I no longer want to join the lease.  I know he has had the lease for along time, but if I joined and we made a club sort of, rules should be the same for everyone.  He can bring anyone he wants to, but we can bring no one as a guest, I mean, in most clubs I know, usually 40 or 60 bucks a day is what's charged for a guest, but all he brings pays nothing and no one else can bring anyone, not even their kid.

So now to my point, see, there is a point to this thread.  Anyone know about hunting the Management areas around the state?  How do you go about hunting them?  Do you apply in some way or what?  Can you place stands on them of anykind?  I would try and just join another lease but it's kind of late in the game for that now and I can't find any other land to hunt.

1highhog

Thanks raginwildfire, I appreciate the help.

1highhog

Who would you have to call in order to recieve a map of some kind of all Public Hunting land in Arkansas?  I live in Grant county.

spit

Quote from: 1highhog on August 10, 2008, 10:15:01 pm
Who would you have to call in order to recieve a map of some kind of all Public Hunting land in Arkansas?  I live in Grant county.
dude.  go to www.agfc.com  it is the ark game fish commision website and there are maps available in some form or fashion either on the internet or by mail, or in person at refuge/mgmt offices.  And to really study the area after your a little bit familiar with it look at google earth or google maps satellite photos.  its easy and helpful.  the hunting regulations booklet will break each mgmt area or any public land area down into its own section for specific rules/regs.  And if in doubt then call the game/fish commission and contact the local officer with any specific question.

1highhog

Thanks for the link spit, I'm checking out the map now.