Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Race 2-Friday Monmouth

Started by HogFanInBryant, June 12, 2017, 10:16:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

Look at the 6 horse, 7 year old mare only carrying 112lbs.  I am not big on 7500 claimers but this horse was touted the last time it ran (it did nothing btw) on another horse racing message board...this was brought to my attention by a co-worker in the northeast who follows horse racing religiously.  When any of your have a chance to look at the PP's on this one later in the week let me know what your thoughts are?

kingoftherapids

kingoftherapids

I understand a tout is a tout but we talking about $7,500 mares here. the bug boy 7 pound allowance doesnt mean anything to me at 5F. dirt to turf might help on some serious declining form. trainer is high percentage. Jock is 0-20 on turf. no way i would play the mare to win but this field is pretty weak and i think she has a good shot underneath.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: kingoftherapids on June 13, 2017, 10:03:42 am
I understand a tout is a tout but we talking about $7,500 mares here. the bug boy 7 pound allowance doesnt mean anything to me at 5F. dirt to turf might help on some serious declining form. trainer is high percentage. Jock is 0-20 on turf. no way i would play the mare to win but this field is pretty weak and i think she has a good shot underneath.

Here is the thing...the tout isn't on this race.  It was a strong tout the last time she ran and she did nothing.  Just food for thought is all...she looks like she would have trouble winning a race against Dan Skipper honestly lol.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: kingoftherapids on June 13, 2017, 08:59:25 am
PPs below

If she runs back to her speed figs last Summer she wins the race...but not sure that will happen?

kingoftherapids

yea that is the key. she runs back to last june and she has a shot.  we all know mares usually hit a wall in their career. looks to me like she has hit hers. i'll definitely watch to see how she does.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: kingoftherapids on June 13, 2017, 11:26:13 am
yea that is the key. she runs back to last june and she has a shot.  we all know mares usually hit a wall in their career. looks to me like she has hit hers. i'll definitely watch to see how she does.

It is so hard to see how a horse like this would be touted, no way could someone have inside info on her unless they found a medical excuse and fixed it...but she didn't run good last race.  Sure is a big mystery with this one huh?

kingoftherapids

Yea big mystery.  I'm going to LAD tomorrow if any of y'all like anything let me know

Russ22

Quote from: kingoftherapids on June 13, 2017, 06:23:52 pm
Yea big mystery.  I'm going to LAD tomorrow if any of y'all like anything let me know
:D Put $13 on #13 in the 13th Race. Works every time. 8)
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

HogFanInBryant

6-1 ML odds, figured she'd be higher?

The Hogfather

I have a note on the #1 Street Rules in the 1st at Santa Anita.  Admittedly, it was a note I made after his 1st race.  I thought he'd win next out and he didn't.  Note said to bet him next out on turf in a race over 1 mile.

4-1 ML in a $50k maiden claiming race

Might be worth a shot if 4-1 or greater.

kingoftherapids

PRAISE JESUS she didn't win for my personal sake. she hung bad and still almost got up losing by only a head. top 2 were clear by a few lengths. exacta is going to return around 80 i think.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: kingoftherapids on June 16, 2017, 12:22:31 pm
PRAISE JESUS she didn't win for my personal sake. she hung bad and still almost got up losing by only a head. top 2 were clear by a few lengths. exacta is going to return around 80 i think.

I'd say she is back in form...somebody knew something LOL...not bad on the Place and Show:

7   $9.80   $5.40   $3.60
6   .   $13.80   $5.60
4   .   .   $2.60

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: kingoftherapids on June 16, 2017, 12:22:31 pm

went off at 11-1 at post time...

Dropkick

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on June 12, 2017, 10:16:22 pm
Look at the 6 horse, 7 year old mare only carrying 112lbs.  I am not big on 7500 claimers but this horse was touted the last time it ran (it did nothing btw) on another horse racing message board...this was brought to my attention by a co-worker in the northeast who follows horse racing religiously.  When any of your have a chance to look at the PP's on this one later in the week let me know what your thoughts are?
Thanks for the tip! I never look at Monmouth. Had "Sweetie" across the board!

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 16, 2017, 08:24:54 am
I have a note on the #1 Street Rules in the 1st at Santa Anita.  Admittedly, it was a note I made after his 1st race.  I thought he'd win next out and he didn't.  Note said to bet him next out on turf in a race over 1 mile.

4-1 ML in a $50k maiden claiming race

Might be worth a shot if 4-1 or greater.

I didn't see the race, but he got bet down to 2-1 and finished 6th.  Hope none of you bet him!  I guess I need to erase my note on him.  :)

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: Dropkick on June 16, 2017, 02:24:36 pm
Thanks for the tip! I never look at Monmouth. Had "Sweetie" across the board!

She paid really nice running 2nd but would have been much better if she had won...would have paid at least $24 to win!

husker71

I love tips whether they work out or not.  Just sitting around and trying to figure out why this horse could win to me is the fun of the game and getting a decent price makes it all the better

Iwastherein1969

Tips are congruent to Touts....if someone has a good thing, why are they going to tell the world ?   if you have a genuine good thing, bet it, win a lot, then tell us all about it later and we'll be happy for you...no kidding....now between us in this forum its fun to see who we all like in a particular race and why, this makes horse banter so much fun...but getting a tout from Jersey Shore George is not the way I play the horses

ad: I'm happy you guys made money, however
The long Grey line will never fail our country.