Started by oldman1015, March 15, 2017, 01:44:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldman1015

Need 1 winner for the day. What is it?
Arkansas, the left lane state.

holeinthewall

Quote from: oldman1015 on March 15, 2017, 01:44:35 pm
Need 1 winner for the day. What is it?

The horse that finishes first is the winner most of the time.  On occasion though it might not be.

oldman1015

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 15, 2017, 03:05:41 pm
The horse that finishes first is the winner most of the time.  On occasion though it might not be.
Just trying to get some conversation going. This forum used to be pretty lively. Not sure what happened but it could be you.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

jdelo77

Hard to a cold beer and a corned beef ...

heavylifting

Quote from: oldman1015 on March 15, 2017, 03:31:26 pm
Just trying to get some conversation going. This forum used to be pretty lively. Not sure what happened but it could be you.
Oh, for the good old days when '1969' was picking fights with everybody over his touting American Pharoah.

userpick

We've been lively here lately with BrandonAllenFan. I like it.

kingoftherapids

Took this this morning after training.  Get ready for speed.

holeinthewall

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 15, 2017, 10:05:32 pm
Took this this morning after training.  Get ready for speed.

Do you have a job? lol  I didn't last spring took a few months off and was over there every day.   I should be there Saturday.

QuoteJust trying to get some conversation going. This forum used to be pretty lively. Not sure what happened but it could be you.

I know just being a smart ass. 

The Hogfather

Winners.  He's asking for winners.  Someone provide some.  Thanks.

jdelo77

The thing is , one of us gives out a horse we like , you bet it and next thing you know the horse finishes dead last ! Then someone comes on here and gets mad because the horse finished last , I've seen it a hundred times ...I'm ice cold lately so I've been watching and betting lightly ..

The Hogfather

Quote from: jdelo77 on March 16, 2017, 09:56:55 am
The thing is , one of us gives out a horse we like , you bet it and next thing you know the horse finishes dead last ! Then someone comes on here and gets mad because the horse finished last , I've seen it a hundred times ...I'm ice cold lately so I've been watching and betting lightly ..

Oh, well, I'm not like that.  I know the risks.  It helps if you give reasons why you like a horse (there's a distinct difference in betting a horse because of his name and betting a horse because he's 6/8 at the distance and is 15-1 from a 2-1 morning line).  :)

Dropkick

I'm betting #5, Wild About Irene in the 6th based on this quote from kingoftherapids................

play verticals and i never leave out a mike lauer horse owned by penny lauer. more of these owner trainer combos at smaller tracks and often times you see them win. at a price too

The Hogfather

Quote from: Dropkick on March 16, 2017, 10:53:58 am
I'm betting #5, Wild About Irene in the 6th based on this quote from kingoftherapids................

play verticals and i never leave out a mike lauer horse owned by penny lauer. more of these owner trainer combos at smaller tracks and often times you see them win. at a price too

That's what I'm talking about.  I remember that line.  Good luck!

36RED

Track: OP  Race: 3

SILVER LINING JOHN

stronguard

Im boxing exactas on the following races
Classic Arch & Elona in the 1st
Mostly Sunny & Vested Creek in the 2nd
Silver Lining John & Wildcat Friendship in the 3rd
Fleet Grey & Big Island Blonde in the 4th
Scattered Cash & Patriotic American in the 5th
Dynamite Jill & Wild About Irene in the 6th
Perplexed & Warning Sign in the 7th
Tap of War & Make Amends in the 8th
Admiral Shepherd & Inclined to Dance in the 9th

I'll make a few side bets on long (medium) shots, but thats the plan for today. 
Thursdays at the track are the best days
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

holeinthewall

QuoteThursdays at the track are the best days

Yeah you sure don't have to wait in line for a beer. 

Russ22

I don't bet them, but here are the picks from a Monte Carlo program I wrote:
http://depriest-mpu.blogspot.com/2017/03/march-16-2017-oaklawn-park-selections.html

Still testing it out before putting money on it. As of last Sunday, the top picks were +$53.40 on $2 win bets over the last 16 race days (146 races):
http://depriest-mpu.blogspot.com/2017/03/march-9-12-mc-algorithm-results-from.html

Again, I am not putting money on these. I want to see how well they do over 200 races before I start donating to the parimutuel pool. Remember, they are FREE, so you get what you pay for.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Russ22

Quote from: stronguard on March 16, 2017, 12:09:59 pm
Im boxing exactas on the following races
Classic Arch & Elona in the 1st
Mostly Sunny & Vested Creek in the 2nd
Silver Lining John & Wildcat Friendship in the 3rd
Fleet Grey & Big Island Blonde in the 4th
Scattered Cash & Patriotic American in the 5th
Dynamite Jill & Wild About Irene in the 6th
Perplexed & Warning Sign in the 7th
Tap of War & Make Amends in the 8th
Admiral Shepherd & Inclined to Dance in the 9th

I'll make a few side bets on long (medium) shots, but thats the plan for today. 
Thursdays at the track are the best days
Tap of War was a scratch for the 8th race

mckinneyhog5

March 16, 2017, 03:45:51 pm #18 Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:08:44 pm by mckinneyhog5
Money burning late pick 4

Pick4 (Race's date: Mar/16) - OP - R6 - 2, 7, 9, 12 / R7 - 3, 6 / R8 - 4, 6 / R9 - 4, 7, 9, 10 [St

Should have included the 2 in the 7th...hopefully it won't cost me.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 16, 2017, 03:45:51 pm
Money burning late pick 4

Pick4 (Race's date: Mar/16) - OP - R6 - 2, 7, 9, 12/ R7 - 3, 6 / R8 - 4, 6 / R9 - 4, 7, 9, 10 [St
Nice way to start off late pick 4 with a 23-1 Van Berg horse!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Russ22 on March 16, 2017, 02:49:45 pm
I don't bet them, but here are the picks from a Monte Carlo program I wrote:
http://depriest-mpu.blogspot.com/2017/03/march-16-2017-oaklawn-park-selections.html

Still testing it out before putting money on it. As of last Sunday, the top picks were +$53.40 on $2 win bets over the last 16 race days (146 races):
http://depriest-mpu.blogspot.com/2017/03/march-9-12-mc-algorithm-results-from.html

Again, I am not putting money on these. I want to see how well they do over 200 races before I start donating to the parimutuel pool. Remember, they are FREE, so you get what you pay for.
Nice pick in the 6th!

stronguard

Quote from: Russ22 on March 16, 2017, 02:55:02 pm
Tap of War was a scratch for the 8th race

yep, noticed that.  had to skip the 8th
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

mckinneyhog5

I swear...some of these jockeys seem to lie back and wait to long to make a move. 3 was the better horse and jock cost them the win.

Russ22

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 16, 2017, 04:24:05 pm
I swear...some of these jockeys seem to lie back and wait to long to make a move. 3 was the better horse and jock cost them the win.
It looked like Quinonez just wanted to see if that horse could win 5 wide. He was riding a nice rail trip and it likely would have opened up for him with patience. 3 was definitely the better horse, IMO.

holeinthewall

P5 paid decent on 4 of 5.  To bad they don't carry the pool over if no one hits it.  Maybe pay a consolation on 4 of 5. I would think a 50k carryover would draw the pool close to 250k the next day.

kingoftherapids

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 17, 2017, 06:32:46 am
P5 paid decent on 4 of 5.  To bad they don't carry the pool over if no one hits it.  Maybe pay a consolation on 4 of 5. I would think a 50k carryover would draw the pool close to 250k the next day.
agreed. could you imagine a double carryover into the rebel card? that would be amazing. be a million or two most likely if that happened. too bad.