Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you see Arkansas winning an SEC title under Anderson?

Started by ArkansasI, February 21, 2018, 02:48:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

No. His roster management and inability to make coaching adjustments per opponent will keep him from winning enough games to win the SEC overall.

5ACentral

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 22, 2018, 12:05:01 pm
No. His roster management and inability to make coaching adjustments per opponent will keep him from winning enough games to win the SEC overall.
Never, especially when U of A can not get quality recruits. Potential  players want to play for an SEC team who have a good 25 game winning season at a minimum and are in the top playoff spots etc. You are noticed when you play for a team that wins and gets to the playoffs without settling for the NIT. No good recruits, no good team. Period. And Anderson bench coaches seem to have no energy that I can see.

Junkyard Hog

Letsroll1200

The_Iceman

Kevin

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 22, 2018, 01:51:00 pm
You at least have to get there to have a chance. Right?

1 shared title in his career.  he is the definition of average
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TheEnemy

QuoteDo you see Arkansas winning an SEC title under Anderson?

No.  I did when we hired him but it has become painfully obvious that we are seeing his ceiling.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Breems

In the past 7 years, a grand total of 2 teams have won the SEC title with A&M splitting one year. I'm still not sure if a consistent 3rd contender will rise. It'll probably be just as random but with improvement across the board due to the coaching upgrades.

We placed 2nd in '14-15. Had we faced this year's UK instead of an 18-0 team, we probably would've had a good chance. Placed 3rd last year, but that was a pretty solid 3rd. I don't see it happening in the next few years.

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

ChicoHog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 02:54:43 pm
Regular season or SECT? No to reg season. Maybe on SECT.
Agreed.  We could get hot/lucky in a SEC tournament but we never play consistent enough to win a regular season championship and to me that is much more telling of a quality program and coach.

5ACentral

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 22, 2018, 09:35:30 pm
Agreed.  We could get hot/lucky in a SEC tournament but we never play consistent enough to win a regular season championship and to me that is much more telling of a quality program and coach.
Then again, one year we won the SEC BUT failed miserably in the SEC tournament. Think we lost the first game, could have been second. And that was the 1994 National Championship under Nolan.  Another year we were a fair team but WON the SEC tournament. Go figure! You're dealing with a lot of young 18-21 year old players whose mental frame of mind changes from day to day. LOL

ShadowHawg

Quote from: ArkansasI on February 21, 2018, 02:48:37 pm
This same question has been asked in MMQ about Chad Morris concerning football program.  It is a far better question to ask about Mike as it relates to basketball.

My answer:  No, unfortunately.

Gotta keep moving the bar. SMH

Couldn't care less about a conference championship. Big deal. It gets you a double bye just like 4th place.

There have been years where the conference champion was a 9 seed I think. That's what winning the regular season is really worth, unless you use it to keep complaining long after the subject of whether or not MA is the man for the job is put to rest.

Give it up.