Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it safe to say it's Venables???

Started by synthartist69, December 13, 2017, 04:46:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

Each day that passes by increases the odds that it is Venables right?

Wildhog

It's not safe at all.  It is hazardous.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawginbigd1

Quote from: synthartist69 on December 13, 2017, 04:46:38 pm
I'll have some of what you are having, j/k we can always hope.

phadedhawg

NuttinItUp

WOOPIGDOOIE

I think its safe to say it will be a DC that is currently employed at another school..   

colbs

Not safe at all.  You're setting yourself up to be disappointed even if a good DC is hired.

ricepig

HogFansReunited

Just remember to take your meds after you say it.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Hogindasticks

I think our impatience is what is not safe.   There is a reason this is taking a bit, and its not gonna speed it up griping about it.

gchamblee

Yes, each day that passes with no evidence to support your delusion is in fact evidence to the accuracy of your delusion.

LRHawg

Calling All Hogs

Just beware of the Grinch who stole Venables.

Jonbo

It's definitely Venables!... unless it's The Grinch... Then it's absolutely The Grinch!... unless it's that other fellow they keep mentioning. Then...

Actually, that Grinch fellow sounds pretty intriguing to me. I wonder if Arky has the pull to get him. We seem to have "won the press conference", so far.

Seebs

It is obvious we need to find a fresh tooth.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hogs-n-Roses

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Hogindasticks

Sed76

Only if you heard it from the guy who said Norvell had signed a deal to be our coach and pumped his chest out at anyone who doubted him. Now if you heard it from that genius then bet the house on it.

swineology

Gus isn't coming nor is Brent Venables.

If Brent leaves Clepmson it will be a far more prestigious job that Arkansas.

Chief Chavis and the "Grinch" have been floated out there as possible DC's along with Bennett.

Hogindasticks

If it's not Venables...who is it?   Someone else would have been hired by now if it wasn't. 

Wildhog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 13, 2017, 06:16:11 pm
If it's not Venables...who is it?   Someone else would have been hired by now if it wasn't. 

lol
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGINTENNESSEE

You saying it doesn't back any any less likely or unlikely to happen.

But considering other names have now been reported, it's even more unlikely

HoggusMaximus

the longer it takes the better chances of a successful dc, but the more antsy fans get lol.

Philip Seaton

The more you think that Venables would even remotely considering making a lateral coaching move to school that is rebuilding, and with his son signing to play for the school he is coaching at, is nothing more than setting yourself up for disappointment. Focus on real candidates and you won't be as disappointed. Trust me.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I would also say if Venables son signs Dec 20th with Clemaon we can consider this issue closed

azhog10

Does Graham get more cash from aSU on his buyout if he gets a new job after December 31?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 13, 2017, 06:20:51 pm
I would also say if Venables son signs Dec 20th with Clemaon we can consider this issue closed

I wish Chad, Brent and Dabo were all trolls enough to fake a commitment from Lil' Venables to Arkansas and have his momma steal the letter on signing day...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

PorkSoda

and what makes you think that?  you do realize that every candidate worth considering is prepping for a bowl game right now...dont you?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TushCrush

razorbackfaninar

Whoever we hire people are going to look up a game where his team gave up 40 points and then complain because Chad Morris promised he would get the best Defensive Coordinator in the country and now he is lying to the fan base.

rhames

A week?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Bash

Fist bump your brah's.  Venables is the next DC.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

MuskogeeHogFan

Not sure how you come to that conclusion.
Go Hogs Go!

rhames

Morris knew what offensive staff he was going to bring.

The defensive staff, especially the coordinator,  should be vetted extremely.

He knows this.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hawgwash

Quote from: TushCrush on December 13, 2017, 06:39:49 pm
Maybe we are waiting on Hobby.

I've wondered this too.  Question, if there is already an agreement with Hobby would there be a reason not to announce it now, effective after the Jaguars' season is over?

SPAL

Pudgepork

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 13, 2017, 06:51:10 pm
Not sure how you come to that conclusion.

No, Who is on 1st, someone Else is on 3rd

jneal56

Well there is no true threat of danger by saying it. Worse thing that will happen is you're wrong. Since every one of us on here has posted something incorrect at one time or another (except me, I'm perfect) you get to join the masses!
"At least we are moral"

It is a tradition as old as America itself for humans to bulldarn their brothers and fully expect them to believe it.  We go a step farther here on Hogville.  Most of us actually believe the crap we post ourselves.  The likelihood that Venables is coming here to rebuild our defense is less than zero.  You would have a better chance of getting to Mars in a 55 gallon drum propelled by 2 sticks of dynamite.

PorkSoda

Quote from: 12247 on December 13, 2017, 08:25:13 pm
It is a tradition as old as America itself for humans to bulldarn their brothers and fully expect them to believe it.  We go a step farther here on Hogville.  Most of us actually believe the crap we post ourselves.  The likelihood that Venables is coming here to rebuild our defense is less than zero.  You would have a better chance of getting to Mars in a 55 gallon drum propelled by 2 sticks of dynamite.
well shoot, I'm headed to home depot. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

waterboy

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 13, 2017, 07:22:47 pm
Would Nick Saban float your boat?
Now you've done it. You let the secret out.

PRJ

naturalbornpigger

Yes, it is safe to say Venables.  It is also safe to buy a lottery ticket. 

jneal56

Quote from: 12247 on December 13, 2017, 08:25:13 pm

Sounds like a challenge!
"At least we are moral"

Smashmouth2004

If there is no DC hire this week, it increases the odds that it's Venables. If the DC candidate was playing in a regular bowl game, Morris would want him on board ASAP. But if that candidate is in the playoffs, then you could understand why he wants to stay and to keep it quite. I have 2 sources that say it's Venables and yes I know and understand how you would be skeptical cause I am as well until I see something official. But, until I see someone else announced, I will trust and hope they're right.