Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New OC at Mizzou

Started by mizzouman, December 07, 2017, 06:09:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

I'm posting here because it has an Arkansas tie.

Mizzou is seriously considering Hugh Freeze and Dan Enos.

redeye

I'll lose respect for Mizzou if they hire Freeze, although I doubt that happens.

checkraiser88

Quote from: mizzouman on December 07, 2017, 06:09:31 pm

Not sure why ya'll would need both? Wait, did you guys lose an OC?

geauxhawgs

Mizzou is too liberal & politically correct to hire Hugh Freeze.

farmhawg

Quote from: geauxhawgs on December 07, 2017, 06:12:08 pm
Mizzou is too liberal & politically correct to hire Hugh Freeze.
That is an incredibly stupid statement. Maybe you should do some research first.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Boarcephus

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 07, 2017, 06:11:09 pm
Not sure why ya'll would need both? Wait, did you guys lose an OC?

They lost Heupel to UCF when Frost went back to Nebraska. 

By all accounts Freeze is one hell of an offensive coach, which he showed at Ole Miss, but I'm not sure he's touchable at this point. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PorkSoda

I actually think Enos is a good OC.  not sure what happened here. but things went down hill and it effected every aspect of the program.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

arkansashogs

Huge Freeze will be a home run hire, period.

AH

mizzouman

Enos changed his offense when he went to Arkansas.  Look back at my old posts when Bielema hired him.  It thought it was a strange hire for Bielema's philosophy.

Boarcephus

If I were Mizzou, I'd have to question the Freeze hire.  He's certainly capable but man, he brought down Ole Miss by himself.  Do you think the Mizzou hierarchy want to roll the dice on someone like him??
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

geauxhawgs

Quote from: farmhawg on December 07, 2017, 06:25:36 pm
That is an incredibly stupid statement. Maybe you should do some research first.

Please....enlighten me. Admittedly, I don't know much about the state of Missouri other than what I've seen and heard on the national news. Actually, please don't. I really don't care haha

farmhawg

I typically find stupid people don't try to learn and just rely on what others tell them to believe. I guess you have that covered very nicely.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

geauxhawgs

Quote from: farmhawg on December 07, 2017, 08:43:55 pm
I typically find stupid people don't try to learn and just rely on what others tell them to believe. I guess you have that covered very nicely.

stupid people? haha bless your heart. Never heard an Arkansan  get that butt hurt over a comment about Missouri lol Best wishes sir.

#LSUBLEUAXS
#WPS!

jackflash

Enos I understand wouldn't touch Freeze

PorkSoda

Quote from: arkansashogs on December 07, 2017, 06:52:15 pm
Huge Freeze will be a home run hire, period.

AH
I think its more of a slam dunk hire, as in the NCAA will slam dunk Mizzou.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

RebelAt

Any hire is possible at the college where their coach barely squeaked the team into a bowl game by beating three SEC teams that either fired their HC during the season or immediately after.  It still blows my mind that they think Odom's winning streak had nothing to do with the quality of their opponents (Arkansas included).

Dwight_K_Shrute

Hugh Freeze is weird and a perv.  His perv stuff goes beyond the hooker calls. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hog.goblin

I think Enos is a quality coach.  His results here went downhill when the OL did.  A great OC might have been able to overcome it, but I still think he is a solid OC.

husker71

10 or even 5 years ago you could probably hire a Freeze or a Briles.  Now why go through the pain of all the crap you would attract when you can hire someone who maybe a younger and/or  "cleaner" version of the above 2.  The NCAA and the community would be all over you for those hires IMHO

mizzouman

Quote from: RebelAt on December 11, 2017, 03:52:01 pm
Any hire is possible at the college where their coach barely squeaked the team into a bowl game by beating three SEC teams that either fired their HC during the season or immediately after.  It still blows my mind that they think Odom's winning streak had nothing to do with the quality of their opponents (Arkansas included).
Better to win 6 in a row than lose them. 

Wildhog

Enos would be a great get for Mizzou.  For anyone, really.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hog of steele

Quote from: redeye on December 07, 2017, 06:11:05 pm
I'll lose respect for Mizzou if they hire Freeze, although I doubt that happens.

They should absolutely hire freeze. That dude has skills.

On a side note, how much do you repsect Missouri? Their own students told us they are a racist university top to bottom. They even agreed with that assessment. Their enrollment is way down. So how much do you respect them?

mizzouman

Quote from: hog of steele on December 12, 2017, 12:52:04 pm
They should absolutely hire freeze. That dude has skills.

On a side note, how much do you repsect Missouri? Their own students told us they are a racist university top to bottom. They even agreed with that assessment. Their enrollment is way down. So how much do you respect them?
Not racist.

hog of steele

Quote from: mizzouman on December 12, 2017, 01:03:40 pm
Not racist.

Your students and university administration seem to disagree.

mizzouman

Quote from: hog of steele on December 12, 2017, 01:22:23 pm
Your students and university administration seem to disagree.
Is/was there racism on campus?  YES.  To extent that the national press core portrayed it?  NO. 

There's a new president and chancellor since all this took place.  So, we'll see where it goes.

The New York Times wrote an article about the troubles that the campus was experiencing after interviewing some key people in the administration that got a lot of attention.  In fact, I heard from some colleagues over seas who read it.  Conveniently, they omitted a lot of things that were said and only wrote of the negative.  And yes, there were some negatives.  However, about 80% of the interview was never told.

So, if you don't know the 80% that was omitted, then I can see how people feel about the University, it's understandable.

There is racism in all campuses across the nation.  No school is immune to this, unfortunately.  Mizzou got a lot of attention because of the football team and Journalism school.  I remember when I attending, protests were everywhere on campus, but that's what college students do.  They need an avenue to express their concerns.  But, back then, there was no social media so no one cared as much.  Today, it's a another world.

hog of steele

Quote from: mizzouman on December 12, 2017, 01:39:28 pm
There is racism in all campuses across the nation. 

Here is the problem. This isn't true in equal parts.

Either Missouri racism was so bad that a rich black student had to starve himself in order to be heard...
Or the administration went way overboard in coddling spoiled students.

That isn't true at every university. IDK which is true at MO but either way, I have no respect for the university.

....also, as a razorback fan who lives in MO its my job to pick on the UofM

mizzouman

Quote from: hog of steele on December 12, 2017, 01:43:23 pm

Either Missouri racism was so bad that a rich black student had to starve himself in order to be heard...

That isn't true at every university. IDK which is true at MO but either way, I have no respect for the university.

haha, fair enough.  We will just leave it at that.  As a Mizzou grad living in Arkansas, I happen to have respect for the University of Arkansas.  But, if you have no respect for Mizzou, that's your call and I'm not about to change that.

jjdlc

Quote from: mizzouman on December 07, 2017, 07:25:49 pm
Enos changed his offense when he went to Arkansas.  Look back at my old posts when Bielema hired him.  It thought it was a strange hire for Bielema's philosophy.

Bielema had a plan, Enos was actually a really good hire for what I feel Bielema wanted to accomplish.  It worked too, at first, but then Pittman left, and CBB started tinkering with the o-line, and then the wheels came off.  I don't know if there is an OC out there that could have overcome the issues caused by our porous line.

hog of steele

Quote from: jjdlc on December 12, 2017, 02:26:32 pm
Bielema had a plan, Enos was actually a really good hire for what I feel Bielema wanted to accomplish.  It worked too, at first, but then Pittman left, and CBB started tinkering with the o-line, and then the wheels came off.  I don't know if there is an OC out there that could have overcome the issues caused by our porous line.

The massive uptick in the screen game was evidence that we were trying. Good thing about screens, you need actors more than blockers.

mizzouman

Quote from: jjdlc on December 12, 2017, 02:26:32 pm
If I remember correctly, I may be wrong, but I thought it was a strange hire because Enos was more of a spread guy than what Bielema liked to do.  I could be wrong.

factchecker

Quote from: mizzouman on December 12, 2017, 03:39:44 pm
If I remember correctly, I may be wrong, but I thought it was a strange hire because Enos was more of a spread guy than what Bielema liked to do.  I could be wrong.

Enos was not a spread guy at all.

Here is his offense at CMU-

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Report: Mizzou OC candidate Jedd Fisch takes in Tigers' bowl practice

QuoteMissouri has yet to name a replacement for recently-departed offensive coordinator Josh Heupel, but Barry Odom may well have brought his top candidate to campus on Saturday for a visit... UCLA offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Jedd Fisch was in town to take in the Tigers' bowl practice. Although the team does not plan to announce a hire until after the Tigers' bowl game on December 27, bringing in Fisch to see the team in-person seems to be a pretty big step. Fisch is currently serving as UCLA's interim coach following the firing of Jim Mora.

UCLA has disappointed over the past few seasons, that has had more to do with the Bruins' porous defense than Fisch's offense. Under Fisch, Bruins quarterback Josh Rosen has developed into a potential No. 1 overall NFL draft pick, and the opportunity to work with another highly-talented QB in Drew Lock may look very appealing to him.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jackflash

Freeze might bring  the NCAA with him

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hog of steele on December 12, 2017, 01:43:23 pm

That rich black grad students protest didn't even start out about race. It was about grad program cuts.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rtr

Quote from: mizzouman on December 07, 2017, 07:25:49 pm
I am convinced that Bielema was responsible for the style of offense and defense his whole time here.  Should have let Enos have full control.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.