Started by dawn2tusk, October 19, 2017, 02:27:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dawn2tusk

The_Iceman

Pinto

Just released. Very unfair lol

Pinto

The_Iceman

White team has the clear advantage. Stinks Garland still mot cleared to play.

batmanfan

How is Cook on a roster if he is suspended from team activities? Is he back now?
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Pinto

Quote from: batmanfan on October 19, 2017, 03:13:43 pm
How is Cook on a roster if he is suspended from team activities? Is he back now?

Yes cleared to practice not cleared for games though

rzrbkman

Pinto

BannerMountainMan

Closer than you think, Harris and Beard are no cupcake and got Thompson and bailey also!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Pinto

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 19, 2017, 03:20:43 pm
Closer than you think, Harris and Beard are no cupcake and got Thompson and bailey also!!

I agree, Harris is good. But you basically have the starting 5(white team) vs bench(red)

Letsroll1200

Not having Garland could really impact the guard depth.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Holmes is the difference maker IMO.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Pinto on October 19, 2017, 03:33:48 pm
I agree, Harris is good. But you basically have the starting 5(white team) vs bench(red)
pretty sure Beard and Thompson will start lol if not Bailey
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Pinto

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 19, 2017, 03:40:14 pm
Not having Garland could really impact the guard depth.

Yeah, Beard will have to come in for either JB or Macon and rotate those three if KG isn't available

Pinto

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 19, 2017, 03:49:19 pm
pretty sure Beard and Thompson will start lol if not Bailey

Not for long if they do. They will start for the first few games just because they are seniors but definitely not by SEC play

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Pinto on October 19, 2017, 03:50:05 pm
Yeah, Beard will have to come in for either JB or Macon and rotate those three if KG isn't available

I think Beard starts

Pinto

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 19, 2017, 03:56:54 pm
I think Beard starts

I got Hall making his way into starting lineup by SEC play...

King Kong

Pinto

We would def finish in bottom half of SEC if two of the newcomers aren't better than Thompson and Beard.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Pinto on October 19, 2017, 04:03:20 pm
We would def finish in bottom half of SEC if two of the newcomers aren't better than Thompson and Beard.
beard started his freshman year man and I heard he got his body back to that form!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Pinto on October 19, 2017, 04:03:20 pm

I can see us anywhere between 4-6. Will need a big year from Gafford and can CJ Jones produce off the bench. Teams are going to focus on Barford and Macon. What can the other guys do if they have a off night?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Pinto on October 19, 2017, 03:57:47 pm

I would love for Hall to play his way into the starting line up. That would be good news for the Hogs.

jjdlc

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 19, 2017, 03:43:28 pm

Truth, if Holmes plays, we are in good shape.

Pinto

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 19, 2017, 04:06:05 pm
I can see us anywhere between 4-6. Will need a big year from Gafford and can CJ Jones produce off the bench. Teams are going to focus on Barford and Macon. What can the other guys do if they have a off night?

I agree. We will def need CJ to produce off bench and I think Ton should come off the bench as well to give us some fire power. We could use Hall's defense and intangibles in our starting lineup. If Dan isn't better than Trey, we're in trouble...

King Kong

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 19, 2017, 03:43:28 pm

Legit game changer "watch your head"

This was sarcasm

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 19, 2017, 03:13:09 pm
White team has the clear advantage. Stinks Garland still mot cleared to play.

I really hate it for Garland.

The_Iceman

BannerMountainMan

Oh wow the first team today was Barford, Macon, Jones, Bailey, and Gafford

Danny J

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 19, 2017, 04:05:14 pm
beard started his freshman year man and I heard he got his body back to that form!
Yes...he is definitely slimmed down. Looks like he's been working hard

azhog10

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 19, 2017, 05:06:53 pm
Oh wow the first team today was Barford, Macon, Jones, Bailey, and Gafford
Lot of athleticism on that squad. Then you can bring Hall, Beard, and Thompson off the bench. DEEEPPPP!

Rome26

Quote from: Pinto on October 19, 2017, 04:10:46 pm
I agree. We will def need CJ to produce off bench and I think Ton should come off the bench as well to give us some fire power. We could use Hall's defense and intangibles in our starting lineup. If Dan isn't better than Trey, we're in trouble...

I think CJ starts.

labb

I got a 6 pack of Diet Dr. Peppers that says Beard will be a starter. I think we start three guards and two bigs. Beard, Macon, Barford, Thompson and Thomas.

Letsroll1200

Hall is going to be the X factor.

nwahogfan1

All of the true PGs are on the Red team.    Might be closer than you think if White team make a lot of TOs and take bad shots.  I am curious how CJ does.  We need that 3rd scorer and it might be him or maybe Beard.  But I think unless Beard has worked hard on his shot he might be too inconsistent to average 10 ppg but we can hope.  If not we need someone else and CJ would be my guess.

hawgrunner

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Pinto on October 19, 2017, 03:57:47 pm
I have Holmes starting.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on October 19, 2017, 09:53:28 pm
I have Holmes starting.
i see Plummer scoring 34 in Game and Anderson puts him on the team and becomes All-SEC 2nd team

TheRazorback500

Quote from: labb on October 19, 2017, 06:48:23 pm
I got a 6 pack of Diet Dr. Peppers that says Beard will be a starter. I think we start three guards and two bigs. Beard, Macon, Barford, Thompson and Thomas.
I was thinking the same thing. Lots of experience on the floor with that lineup.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 19, 2017, 09:57:19 pm
i see Plummer scoring 34 in Game and Anderson puts him on the team and becomes All-SEC 2nd team
Sorry, I forgot the /s.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

thehill1414

Wow, when you look on paper this is a total mismatch in favor of the white. However, I would think Mike is going to keep this game as even as possible. I think this is great news that he put Barford and Macon on the same team, because that means someone has improved tremendously on the red squad so that this game is pretty close. My guess is it's Jones or Harris, and one or both of these two are about to pleasantly surprise a lot of people.

The_Iceman

A guy like Jones usually lights up these types of games. I expect Jones to have close to 30 points.

azhog10

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 19, 2017, 08:53:09 pm
All of the true PGs are on the Red team.    Might be closer than you think if White team make a lot of TOs and take bad shots.  I am curious how CJ does.  We need that 3rd scorer and it might be him or maybe Beard.  But I think unless Beard has worked hard on his shot he might be too inconsistent to average 10 ppg but we can hope.  If not we need someone else and CJ would be my guess.
We only have one true pg on the this roster so no matter which team Jalen Harris got put on, that would be the case.

Pinto

Quote from: azhog10 on October 20, 2017, 08:44:39 am
We only have one true pg on the this roster so no matter which team Jalen Harris got put on, that would be the case.

Completely agree unless Beard has dramatically improved his decision making over the offseason

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: labb on October 19, 2017, 06:48:23 pm

Leaving Jones as your main ball handler in the second group if we go 2 units?

Now I agree I see those 3 senior guards finishing a lot of games.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Pinto on October 20, 2017, 09:46:56 am
Completely agree unless Beard has dramatically improved his decision making over the offseason

It's true but the game is moving away from having a true point guard. The biggest stars in the NBA game that play the lead guard position are combo guards. Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Wall, Walker etc...

Pinto

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 20, 2017, 10:17:35 am
It's true but the game is moving away from having a true point guard. The biggest stars in the NBA game that play the lead guard position are combo guards. Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Wall, Walker etc...

Yeah but Anton would is like a 5'10" combo guard who isn't that quick and thinks he can lay the ball up over guys a foot taller...

BannerMountainMan

I know there's still alittle bad taste for DT from last year but I think he's going to be a big factor being this is his third year on campus!

PonderinHog

Won't be long now, folks.  Looking forward to a good, maybe even great, season.

Go Hogs!