Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss launched an internal review of its men's bball program

Started by jbcarol, October 18, 2017, 05:28:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Ole Miss started a review of men's hoops program after FBI's probe into college basketball

QuoteOf 84 schools asked by the AP, 64 responded and 28 of those universities admitted the probe led to them conducting their own reviews or examinations.

NCAA also requested Division I schools to conduct an examination of their men's basketball programs.

Bjork said Ole Miss has a few more things to do before it finishes its review. When asked about the FBI's investigation last month, Andy Kennedy wasn't surprised by some of it.

"I've been in this business for over 20 years, so was I shocked to hear some of the things that came out? No, I was not," Kennedy said before the Rebels held their first official practice Friday afternoon. "But again, when the feds are involved and they've got what they seem to have and there's people going to jail, indictments are being handed out, it makes everybody stop and pay attention."

The investigation's web has already spread pretty far and has had its impact on programs such as Alabama, Auburn, Louisville (which terminated Rick Pitino's contract this week), USC, Arizona and Oklahoma State.

Crimson Tide staffer Kobie Baker's resignation was reportedly related to the FBI's investigation. Auburn assistant Chuck Person, who was one of the four assistants arrested, was charged with six felonies.

Ole Miss, Arkansas, Alabama, Auburn and South Carolina were the five SEC programs who told the AP they launched internal reviews after the FBI's investigation. LSU said it didn't conduct a review, while Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt declined to respond.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net