Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Montaric Brown

Started by jchill, October 18, 2017, 01:08:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jchill

How is he progressing this year? I know he had a late start but curious if he might get some playing time this year.

Tick Hog

I could be wrong but I haven't seen or heard of him being out there. If that's the case I would just assume they place a shirt on him.

Cure

He needs the shirt, no reason to burn a year of eligibility.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Cure on October 18, 2017, 04:40:16 am
He needs the shirt, no reason to burn a year of eligibility.

If past history is any indication, before the year is over he will be on one or two kickoff returns and it will take away his redshirt.

rhames

October 18, 2017, 07:16:02 am #4 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:26:12 am by rhames
2 weeks ago I would have said if he can play, play him. Too late now.

Although if Bret and co have a feeling they will be gone soon I wouldn't put it past him to play Brown.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: rhames on October 18, 2017, 07:16:02 am
2 weeks ago I would have said if he can play, play him. Too late now.

Although if Bret and co have a feeling they will be gone soon I wouldn't put it last him to play Brown.

Ridiculous.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

rhames

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: rhames on October 18, 2017, 07:26:44 am
Great response!

What has the man done to lead you to believe he is spiteful?  He can't coach worth a crap but geez man.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

rhames

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 18, 2017, 07:28:47 am
What has the man done to lead you to believe he is spiteful?  He can't coach worth a crap but geez man.

Wow. Wasn't trying to say he was but Bret would want to do anything he could to win the last few games if he thought it might help him land somewhere.

Not every poster here wants to crucify the man. Relax a bit.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: rhames on October 18, 2017, 07:30:48 am

Wow. Wasn't trying to say he was but Bret would want to do anything he could to win the last few games if he thought it might help him land somewhere.

Not every poster here wants to crucify the man. Relax a bit.

My bad. I totally took your post wrong. So many posters have let their anger overtake their rational thought so I guess I've gotten jaded. I apologize.
Millennials suck...

rhames

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 18, 2017, 07:33:19 am
My bad. I totally took your post wrong. So many posters have let their anger overtake their rational thought so I guess I've gotten jaded. I apologize.

All good. You're totally right

I've always thought Bret wanted to win here it just hasn't worked out. .

onebadrubi

BB has been known to burn a redshirt here for pointless reasons. Wouldn't be the first time

hogdiggity

He wasn't fully cleared to play until the day the plane left for Columbia.  I think he will redshirt this year.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 18, 2017, 09:26:24 am
BB has been known to burn a redshirt here for pointless reasons. Wouldn't be the first time
Yes he has and more than a few times. But that is a fact. Unfortunately the BB supporters are a bit over the top in their support of the man.

jgphillips3

A redshirt is great...except this could be another Philon situation.  Hopefully we get at least three years out of him but if he turns out to be true 5 star level, we would have been better to play him this year.  Won't know that until it's too late though.

lakecityhog

jg, I agree with you. We do not know if we have the kid for 5 years or not, but I still believe that we coach as is we do. Get he BEST 3 years that we can.

Oklahawg

Even if in year one, a coach should probably play the players needed to get to a bowl game. If Brown can help he should play.

He missed summer camp and summer workouts, so he is really behind. That said, our greatest needs are OT, NG, and S...so if he can help, please help.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

JaketheSnake

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on October 18, 2017, 07:28:55 pm
Yes he has and more than a few times. But that is a fact. Unfortunately the BB supporters are a bit over the top in their support of the man.
And the haters are willing to say just about anything to rile upnthe fan base.

You really think he has that many supporters left arnd here?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on October 18, 2017, 07:28:55 pm

Where are all these "supporters"?  I just can't seem to find many if any at all. Just because someone doesn't find fault with every single little thing (i.e. his clothes, facial expressions, etc) doesn't mean they are supporters.
Millennials suck...

Cinco de Hogo

Over the course of his 4+ years here BB has made some questionable decisions on playing freshmen.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 19, 2017, 07:33:22 am
Over the course of his 4+ years here BB has made some questionable decisions on playing freshmen.

Out of spite?  Or just dumbassery? The latter, definitely, but I don't believe for a second it was out of spite.
Millennials suck...

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 19, 2017, 07:59:30 am
Out of spite?  Or just dumbassery? The latter, definitely, but I don't believe for a second it was out of spite.

Don't know, just questionable.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 19, 2017, 08:06:41 am
Don't know, just questionable.

I don't disagree. I just haven't seen anything to lead me to believe he can be spiteful. I like the guy, he just sucks at coaching.
Millennials suck...

smb

Tough year for coach BB.
GeorgiaHOG

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 18, 2017, 07:59:39 pm
A redshirt is great...except this could be another Philon situation.  Hopefully we get at least three years out of him but if he turns out to be true 5 star level, we would have been better to play him this year.  Won't know that until it's too late though.

He never was a 5* level as a recruit, maybe, just maybe, he'll improve to one.

Tusks

Quote from: ricepig on October 19, 2017, 08:26:44 am
He never was a 5* level as a recruit, maybe, just maybe, he'll improve to one.

Let's hope the new coaching staff excels in that.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on October 19, 2017, 05:31:34 pm
Let's hope the new coaching staff excels in that.

Yeah, he'll be a red shirt sophomore in 2019, hopefully he's learned something from Rhoads.

PorkRinds

Every thread ends up leading back to CBB getting fired. No other discussion is even possible.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 19, 2017, 07:28:27 pm
Every thread ends up leading back to CBB getting fired. No other discussion is even possible.

All rational thought has left these folks. Bielema killed hoffa and kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.
Millennials suck...

PonderinHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 19, 2017, 07:39:09 pm
All rational thought has left these folks. Bielema killed hoffa and kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.
Damn, he's worse than I thought!

Tusks

Well he'd had to climb a ladder to get the Lindbergh baby, so that's not happening but I can see him having a beer with Hoffa and catching him when he's not looking.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PorkRinds

I heard Hoffa's buried under the Alvarez statue in Madison.