Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brian Wallace and the right side of the OL.

Started by HogMantheIntruder, September 24, 2017, 12:02:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IronHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 03:44:25 pm
That's still a huge assumption when 1) you aren't a P-5 coach with either P-5 or NFL experience, and 2) you haven't been in practices and position meetings and seen how these kids matriculate at their individual positions on a day-by-day basis.

I haven't either, but I have to believe that they know more than I do.

4 starters  back and they're playing hodge podge

AGAIN
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 24, 2017, 03:40:41 pm
Uh....no. You couldn't.

I'm way bigger than that and I bet I can eat two donuts in 4 seconds

IronHog

I don't recall Nutt or BP having so much trouble getting kids on the field.

Nutt did some weird things but I don't recall him playing favorites outside of mismanaging Mustain

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 03:44:25 pm
That's still a huge assumption when 1) you aren't a P-5 coach with either P-5 or NFL experience, and 2) you haven't been in practices and position meetings and seen how these kids matriculate at their individual positions on a day-by-day basis.

I haven't either, but I have to believe that they know more than I do.

Well no kidding.  We're all making assumptions.  We all have agendas.  That's largely the purpose of having a message board.  To opine about things.  Opinions that are usually rooted in observations, reports, and you guessed it....assumptions.  Because, yeah, we aren't D1 coaches. 

But here's the thing, coaches screw up all the time.  And it's every bit as plausible that the OL is getting screwed by up coaching as it's not plausible.  Do I know for sure?  Of course not.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 24, 2017, 03:40:41 pm
Uh....no. You couldn't.

I'm no where the size of that guy, but I bet I could hold that block for 8 seconds.  No, 12 seconds.  At least.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hoglady

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 03:21:02 pm
Having been a college player and Coach I will say that if a player demonstrates that he is ready in practice during the game week (and especially in the spring and fall camp) he will get his shot. You have to earn it every day. Fail to step up and you fail to get your shot. Just because you are a 4 star when recruited doesn't mean that you automatically get into the starting line up. You have to earn it and you earn it by executing at a high level. If you can't do that, you continue to try. But there is no guarantee that you will ever earn a spot in the starting rotation.

Then Bielema shouldn't tell the press and fans what great job Wallace is doing in practice.
Makes the fans wonder why he didn't see the field with 10 different OL combos in the game yesterday.
I didn't realize there were that many changes during the game but it was being discussed on the radio this morning.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SemperHawg

Quote from: Poppa Tart on September 24, 2017, 12:02:08 am
With the massive problems we've been having at RT, why isn't BW getting any reps? Furthermore, last year, the right side of the line was pretty decent by year's end. Not great, but worlds better than what we have now, yet I don't recall seeing Gipson/Raulerson at RG with BW at LT at all so far. Can someone please explain the logic behind this?
Wallace and co just aren't #Uncommon enough to see the field.  No reason to ask any other questions.  This is the same coaching staff that have had Nance behind Deon Stewart all season thus far on the depth chart.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 01:48:28 pm
You speak of something that you don't know to be true.

I know what I 've seen on the field the last 2 years.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 24, 2017, 05:26:28 pm
Wallace and co just aren't #Uncommon enough to see the field.  No reason to ask any other questions.  This is the same coaching staff that have had Nance behind Deon Stewart all season thus far on the depth chart.

They probably will keep Nance behind Stewart.

IronHog

Quote from: hoglady on September 24, 2017, 05:19:40 pm
Then Bielema shouldn't tell the press and fans what great job Wallace is doing in practice.
Makes the fans wonder why he didn't see the field with 10 different OL combos in the game yesterday.
I didn't realize there were that many changes during the game but it was being discussed on the radio this morning.

It was amazing to see them trot out everyone but Wallace.

I literally thought they were going to run a Nutt one route 9 blocker pass play 🙄

Squinky The Curse

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 24, 2017, 12:49:39 pm
I think these players are too mild mannered. I'm 6' 270 and I guarantee you I could give AA four seconds in the pocket. You gotta be a mean, dirty SOB. You frick a guy up a couple times and he won't want anymore

Okay, Mr. Internet Tough Guy  ::)

And where did you play your college ball?

East TN HAWG

I think B. Wallace has grad transfer written all over him.  I hope he does not transfer to SEC West, and pancake a member of our Dline on every single play next year. 

BigE_23

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 01:15:14 pm
OK, you don't have to. Doesn't mean it isn't true. Trust me, Bielema knows his fat is in the fire (I don't mean that personally, just a saying) and he is going to play anyone that he thinks can give him the best chance to win. How any of you could think otherwise is beyond me. There aren't any conspiracy theories here.
I don't believe that either...not the conspiracy theory part, but that Bert is feeling heat.

I honestly think that he thinks he's safe for one more year simply because of the enormous amount of money required to get rid of him. Either by keeping his job or getting a financial windfall, he knows he's secure.

He's not coaching, nor is his team playing like a cornered animal. There's no fight.

jgphillips3

Quote from: BigE_23 on September 25, 2017, 08:22:31 am
I don't believe that either...not the conspiracy theory part, but that Bert is feeling heat.

I honestly think that he thinks he's safe for one more year simply because of the enormous amount of money required to get rid of him. Either by keeping his job or getting a financial windfall, he knows he's secure.

He's not coaching, nor is his team playing like a cornered animal. There's no fight.

I didn't think he was feeling it until I saw him in the O-line group on the side...involved in the "in game" coaching for a change.  Oddly, after he actually did something other than stand there with a confused look, that unit played better.  That is the first time in five years I've seen him do anything that suggested he felt an urgency to win.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Squinky The Curse on September 25, 2017, 07:59:24 am
Okay, Mr. Internet Tough Guy  ::)

And where did you play your college ball?
He played at Hard Knocks Tech.

Seriously, though. He may or may not be able to hold a block for 4 seconds against an SEC Dlineman, but I can vouch for the "mean, nasty sumbitch" part.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"