Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well guys

Started by AHiD, February 13, 2018, 10:45:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AHiD

What’s y’all thoughts on the coaching staff up to this point?
My name...is Jerruh

AHiD

Personally I think they're doing a great job
My name...is Jerruh

razCzar

liljo

I think they've got a vision.  And I'm excited because I think I've glimpsed it myself. I'm very hopeful. And I KNOW they are some really, REALLY good men.  The kids that come through the program are going to be blessed because of it.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

Hogvillage Idiot

Haven't lost any games yet.  So they've got that going for them.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

KlubhouseKonnected

I'm Pretty confident that the head of the staff will still be in charge for season 2019 so I am on board
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

sickboy

I like that they seem to grind on recruiting. I like that they've already got their attention on 2019. Seems we've been too slow on the evaluations in the past. I guess Morris is fast at everything. I dig it.

Großer Kriegschwein

I'll reserve my judgement until we go 4-0 in nonconference play.
This is my non-signature signature.

BILLYBOB

Who knows? When you compare initial recruiting classes and staffs, I thought CBB started stronger vs. CCM...but CBB turned out to be a dumpster fire. CCM seems like a fine man. Don't know if he can coach in the SEC-W. We'll know soon enough...

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on February 14, 2018, 12:27:54 am
I'll reserve my judgement until we go 4-0 in nonconference play.
You're not reserving judgement. You're reserving acknowledgement. You've already judged them as a disappointment until proven otherwise. Your mother must have been emotionally absent...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Bkhardicars

He was plan "D" for me. After seeing him on the recruiting trail and seeing more of his personality, I'm thinking the right choice was made. I wanted Gus, but this guy seems to be "Gus with a personality" and TX ties. If he can really deliver in regards to TX recruiting, I think he's going to be very successful.

Athog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 14, 2018, 04:46:00 am
You're not reserving judgement. You're reserving acknowledgement. You've already judged them as a disappointment until proven otherwise. Your mother must have been emotionally absent...

LOL!

Lao Tsuie

Lite feet, hoping we have lite feet like this guy.
If we can have lite feet and get our heads screwed on right
We can win with this bunch.

nchogg

I did not know much about Coach Morris when he was hired. He has grown on me very fast and I like his staff. I think the sky is the limit. He does not brag and lead fans on which I respect. He has a plan and I will enjoy the ride.

riccoar

Well, I know we will see a much better conditioned Razorback team in 2018 than we have seen the last 5 years.

Hawgboy64

He's the guy I wanted from the first.
With that being said, I think he's winning the press conferences now he needs to win some games.
I can't wait for the spring game to see what he has in store for us.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

blu

Quote from: nchogg on February 14, 2018, 07:10:16 am
I did not know much about Coach Morris when he was hired. He has grown on me very fast and I like his staff. I think the sky is the limit. He does not brag and lead fans on which I respect. He has a plan and I will enjoy the ride.

+1 My thoughts exactly.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

BossHawg_Outlaw

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 14, 2018, 08:19:52 am
that they will be fired in 5 years. that they ecruited the bottom class in the SEC. That hogville will tell you its a great class. That in 4-5 years when we are winning 6-8 games and everyone is mad and cant figure out why we arent winning. Because according to hogville, stars dont matter....except in reality, where the teams with the best recruiting classes play for championships, and the hogs struggle to bowl eligibility.

we signed the fewest in the sec and if you rank it by the average we are 11 behind ole miss so find a tall building and try to fly

RME

that they will be fired in 5 years. that they ecruited the bottom class in the SEC. That hogville will tell you its a great class. That in 4-5 years when we are winning 6-8 games and everyone is mad and cant figure out why we arent winning. Because according to hogville, stars dont matter....except in reality, where the teams with the best recruiting classes play for championships, and the hogs struggle to bowl eligibility.

Do you cry every morning when you wake up?

RME

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 14, 2018, 09:10:03 am
nope. just in touch with reality.

Do you cry every morning when you wake up to face reality?

liljo

Wow. Now turn that frown around! There, there, now, have a tissue, sweetheart. It'll get better.

I notice you have over 4000 posts! I hope their not all this pitiful...May I suggest a puppy?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! How'd you like to be stuck working at some office someplace with THIS guy?!?! :puke:
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

hogcards

If he's semi successful (7-9 wins per year) he'll be looked on favorably.  I do think we've learned our lesson, both as a school and fan base, not to wait 3 years in order to admit what we have.  If he doesn't turn this around big time, he'll be gone in 3 years, not 5.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

lumphog

SWING....... Ana Miss

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: liljo on February 14, 2018, 09:13:03 am
Wow. Now turn that frown around! There, there, now, have a tissue, sweetheart. It'll get better.

I notice you have over 4000 posts! I hope their not all this pitiful...May I suggest a puppy?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! How'd you like to be stuck working at some office someplace with THIS guy?!?! :puke:
Unfortunately the puppy idea doesn't work here. Heck, with the tone of his posts he'd end up kicking the dog and that's never good for the canine.

FutureMan

So far I am very pleased.  The new staff is bringing in a new energy and a sense of youth that we were missing before.  I'm excited about the new offensive direction and can't wait to see where this program goes in a few years.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 14, 2018, 09:01:09 am
Do you cry every morning when you wake up?

Only when he's standing there peeing...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hoghearted

I'm pleased with the energy he projects, and the staff's commitment to hard work. The team can't help but pick up on that, and reflect their leaders' habits.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

nchogg

Could I borrow your crystal ball. Not one person knows how many games will win in the future. We are hoping for the best. Time will tell.

volkh

Quote from: liljo on February 13, 2018, 10:57:56 pm
I think they've got a vision.  And I'm excited because I think I've glimpsed it myself. I'm very hopeful. And I KNOW they are some really, REALLY good men.  The kids that come through the program are going to be blessed because of it.

So by this statement being a good man or having good men here = winning?  Wasn't Bert a good man?  But he didn't win so he can't be. 
"Son, it's not how you play the game, but how drunk you get."

-Homer J. Simpson

BossHawg_Outlaw

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 08, 2017, 10:15:05 am
2 wins, then 5, then 7

helped build clemson to a national power

negative nancies

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 08, 2017, 09:09:16 am
its about dang time
we ran a modern offense
welcome coach morris

What happend to your optimism?  Did you boyfriend forget it was Valentine's Day? ???

liljo

Quote from: volkh on February 14, 2018, 11:59:29 am
So by this statement being a good man or having good men here = winning?  Wasn't Bert a good man?  But he didn't win so he can't be.
Read my statement again. Maybe try doing so out loud! Where in my statement do I say being a good man = winning?

Did you have much trouble in school?

Just kiddin' you, man. BUt I never equated being good men with winning. I think they are great coaches and thus will win. I count it a double-blessing that these are very good men, and will be excellent influences in the lives of the young men they coach.

Easy, man!

BossHawg_Outlaw

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 10, 2017, 04:31:56 pm
The new staff has landed more recruits from Texas than the previous staff did over the last year. WPS!

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 06, 2017, 09:19:06 am
It may get worse before it gets better. we will be trying to run a spread offense with a rookie QB, slow recievers that cant get seperation, an offensive line that sucks at pass blocking, and no defense to speak of. This offense will put our God Awful defense on the field for even more plays. lets be honest, our offense hasnt been the biggest problem. our defense has given up more than 40 points 12 times the past 3 years, and hell we won 5 of those games! His whole scheme is to get athletes the ball in space, which is exciting, but our lack of team speed will surely put a damper on his offense. it may be year 3 before we see real results as far as wins and losses. Im still not crazy about the hire, but he is our coach and deserves a fair shot to prove himself. its been said before, Arkansas will have to recruit its way out of this mess. BB failed miserably recruiting, maybe Morris can get it done. It wont be pretty at first. But lets all get behind this dude and give him a chance.

I guess you only get 2 months to prove yourself now.  ???

sickboy

Noted. But you're projecting the past on the future heavily. Not saying you're wrong, but also am saying that you're lack of hope is concerning. Cheer up!

Opinions:  Here is mine.  In my mind, Bielema's scheme would not work for Arkansas and it didn't.  This is before i realized assistants couldn't work for the man, that he wouldn't bust his ass for us, that he would be stubborn, that he refused to provide special teams, or second teams or try to create a place where if you didn't start, you likely never would in any given season short of horrible injuries above you.

Then comes along a different staff and they do things that i believe in, such as creating relationships with the surrounding High Schools, working in a visable atmosphere where you can see some of the results, talking a bit about expectations, having a staff that seems to blend and maybe likes eachother, claims they are going to utilize a scheme that I believe has a better opportunity to be successful, appears humble, yet assured, seems to want and demand to be allowed to actually provide the player with a true chance to exploite his talents to their fullest.  This all maybe horse crap and gunpowder just like the past proved out to be but the way it is being presented at this time makes it seem truthful and I am so far onboard.

liljo

Quote from: 12247 on February 14, 2018, 12:25:19 pm
Opinions:  Here is mine.  In my mind, Bielema's scheme would not work for Arkansas and it didn't.  This is before i realized assistants couldn't work for the man, that he wouldn't bust his ass for us, that he would be stubborn, that he refused to provide special teams, or second teams or try to create a place where if you didn't start, you likely never would in any given season short of horrible injuries above you.

Then comes along a different staff and they do things that i believe in, such as creating relationships with the surrounding High Schools, working in a visable atmosphere where you can see some of the results, talking a bit about expectations, having a staff that seems to blend and maybe likes eachother, claims they are going to utilize a scheme that I believe has a better opportunity to be successful, appears humble, yet assured, seems to want and demand to be allowed to actually provide the player with a true chance to exploite his talents to their fullest.  This all maybe horse crap and gunpowder just like the past proved out to be but the way it is being presented at this time makes it seem truthful and I am so far onboard.

I believe your thoughts on the matter, sir, are quite reasonable.

volkh

Quote from: liljo on February 14, 2018, 12:14:14 pm
Read my statement again. Maybe try doing so out loud! Where in my statement do I say being a good man = winning?

Did you have much trouble in school?

Just kiddin' you, man. BUt I never equated being good men with winning. I think they are great coaches and thus will win. I count it a double-blessing that these are very good men, and will be excellent influences in the lives of the young men they coach.

Easy, man!
O
Being a good man had nothing to do with job performance and winning was the point I was trying to make.  Just about everyone can agree we all think Bert was a good man who cared about the kids he recruited.  Gone were the days of a player arrested every few weeks and up was graduation rates.  Things that were down during both Nutt and Petrino, but we won the West and went to big bowl under those coaches.

What that being said I don't get stating that they are good men and the players will be blessed has much to do with anything since we just fired someone we consider a good man( but needed to go ).
"Son, it's not how you play the game, but how drunk you get."

-Homer J. Simpson

AHiD

It seems some of y'all arent true fans!
My name...is Jerruh

WaltonCollege

We may not like it but this does have some merit. At some point we need to wake up and smell the coffee. Maybe stars DO matter, just a thought.

Con el Cerdos

Some facts and some opinions.  Several favorable things, some that do not matter, one or two that are probably problematic for Razorback fans.

Only have knowledge of 4 members of the coaching staff: Morris, Traylor, Caldwell, and Lunney, all favorable.  Good coaches and recruiters.

Morris and Traylor have long high school head coaching experience in central and east Texas.

Both won multiple state championships.

Caldwell has lots of experience recruiting east Texas.

Morris is ambitious, bears remembering.  Never coached anywhere longer than four years.

He is well organized, by all accounts.

Seems to always be in a hurry.

He pushes.  Players, coaches and himself.

He has a long record of success as high school head coach.

Opinions: 

I think many will be disappointed in Morris' probable inability to sign elite players out of Texas.  He will get some but not in the number that most of us wish for.  There are many good Texas high school players that are overlooked and/or need development, he will just have to get what fits his system.  And I think he will.

Never-the-less, I think by the third or fourth year Morris will have Razorback fans actually enjoying football Saturdays, again.  Going to the stadium (or watching on TV) every week believing we have a good chance to win.

Now the not-so-good, his history and the ambitious part.  If Morris leads the Razorback to ten wins by year four, beware of Ides (figure of speech) of December, 2021.  Particularly, if Clemson, any top tier SEC program, or A&M, Baylor, or TCU have a vacancy at the top.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 14, 2018, 01:26:24 pm
We may not like it but this does have some merit. At some point we need to wake up and smell the coffee. Maybe stars DO matter, just a thought.

Oh they matter.  Bama and the other "bigs" don't win by waving a magic wand over the field on game day.

GolfnHog

Damn dude suck on a Tide pod then go in the attic and eat some of the cotton candy
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

NotSoFastMyFriend

M I C K E Y M O U S E

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 13, 2018, 10:46:50 pm
Personally I think they're doing a great job
What about not personally?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

jabberjawls

The only thing i have to grade so far is the recruiting class.  so, C-     If you want to grade what he did at SMU, then D

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: BossHawg_Outlaw on February 14, 2018, 12:17:39 pm
I guess you only get 2 months to prove yourself now.  ???
Naw, you're actually giving far too much credit for patience. Actually CMM should have won his first SECW title, as well as SECC, BEFORE he was officially hired.  ::)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jabberjawls on February 14, 2018, 03:35:06 pm
The only thing i have to grade so far is the recruiting class.  so, C-     If you want to grade what he did at SMU, then D
Well now that you mention it: I seriously doubt any one of us really care about what his grade was at SMU. Not even the subject at hand-discussing him as the U of A head coach. But feel free to continue to whine and complain about the man. Heck, fits your style perfectly.

jabberjawls

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 14, 2018, 03:59:16 pm
Well now that you mention it: I seriously doubt any one of us really care about what his grade was at SMU. Not even the subject at hand-discussing him as the U of A head coach. But feel free to continue to whine and complain about the man. Heck, fits your style perfectly.
And your style is to blindly follow.  That is fine....for you.   We'll see, i'm sure after 8 years of mediocre football, the kool aid that you drank will wear off and you will finally see...... and you'll say, "We hired a guy with a 14 - 22 record??   What were we thinking??"  In the meantime, keep drinking the kool aid.   

jabberjawls

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 14, 2018, 03:56:52 pm
Naw, you're actually giving far too much credit for patience. Actually CMM should have won his first SECW title, as well as SECC, BEFORE he was officially hired.  ::)
......or a winning record.

jcbville

cityhog

well. they're undefeated so far, so there's that.