Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How much longer does big time wrestling continue?

Started by spiritof92, November 13, 2011, 02:33:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof92

Without any real competition the WWE has really slipped imho.  I really don't see any on the horizon either, unfortunately.  Was really hoping ROH would catch fire but it doesn't seem to be growing fast/large enough.  Do you think pro wrestling as we have known it will last another 10 years? 

When I post "as we know it" I mean will there be prime time wrestling or will it revert back to tapings on obscure networks at bad time slots. 

who knows

obviously Vince doesnt think so...they are about to crank up the WWE network...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

Boared Stiff

For better wrestling, watch TNA or Impact...whatever they call it now. Even the storylines seem fresher there, imho.

spiritof92

LXXIII

Here is the sad truth about wrestling.  The WWE will die without competition, and TNA is not a sustainable organization because they are having the same problem as the WWE, no new talent.  Sure the new talent is there, but in that talent there are no superstars.  The WWE is not being pushed by any other organization to make them search for new superstars.  When the WWE got big in the early 2000s it was because WCW was pushing them by taking talent from the WWE such as Scott Hall and Kevin Nash.  Therefore, the WWE had to make superstars or be forced to close its doors.  Now there is no WCW or any organization that can match the funding it once had.  Furthermore, Vince McMahon will not allow one to rise up against him.  He has a monopoly on big time wrestling that will be the end of what I loved as a child and teenager. 

hawgs34

No way that it completely dies out.  The quality and popularity may ebb and flow, but it will still be around long after we're all gone. 

DeltaBoy

I see it busting up and going back to a regional or State basis.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bristow

TNA is actually putting a better show on than WWE right now if you ask me. And at this stage, they're ratings are better than WCW's was while they were this young.

I honestly try to watch Raw and i am sorry guys Del Rio, Shamus and the MTV real world reject Miz just aren't something that makes me want to keep watching...

While TNA is getting younger, they are pushing the young stars like Robert Roode and AJ styles...lol I saw someone cry about Hogan and Flair, but they don't even wrestle. I think oldest guys wrestling on the TNA roster are RVD and Jeff Hardy, and i'd still rather watch them than the nobodys WWE is forcing to its fan...

The Lake Lizzard

Quote from: Bristow on December 05, 2011, 11:55:07 am
TNA is actually putting a better show on than WWE right now if you ask me. And at this stage, they're ratings are better than WCW's was while they were this young.

I honestly try to watch Raw and i am sorry guys Del Rio, Shamus and the MTV real world reject Miz just aren't something that makes me want to keep watching...

While TNA is getting younger, they are pushing the young stars like Robert Roode and AJ styles...lol I saw someone cry about Hogan and Flair, but they don't even wrestle. I think oldest guys wrestling on the TNA roster are RVD and Jeff Hardy, and i'd still rather watch them than the nobodys WWE is forcing to its fan...

Yeah, TNA gets hammered by the interwebz for not pushing younger talent, but that's really all they have been doing for the past year. Sting still gets in the ring every now and then so he is probably the oldest. He is acting as the "GM" right now though. He can still go and he is a legend so I love watching him, actually that's why I started watching TNA! I started when I heard he was coming back to TNA and have been watching ever since. Oh, and people can say what they want about Kurt Angle but he is still the best in the business today!

Bristow

Quote from: The Lake Lizzard on December 05, 2011, 01:34:25 pm
Yeah, TNA gets hammered by the interwebz for not pushing younger talent, but that's really all they have been doing for the past year. Sting still gets in the ring every now and then so he is probably the oldest. He is acting as the "GM" right now though. He can still go and he is a legend so I love watching him, actually that's why I started watching TNA! I started when I heard he was coming back to TNA and have been watching ever since. Oh, and people can say what they want about Kurt Angle but he is still the best in the business today!

Well keeping sting as GM i think was brilliant. He still gets one of the biggest pops out there. Sting was smart not to go WWE, i think they would have had him still out there, jobbing to guys like Shamus and Mizz, and that just wouldn't be right in his final years.

I love TNA roster, and from i hear its just getting better with John Morrison on the way.