Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 06, 2024, 04:35:03 am

Leadership Lacking

Started by bollweevil, November 07, 2016, 10:03:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bollweevil

I wish, before members of the Lady Razorbacks had chosen to kneel during the national anthem, that either Jimmy Dykes or Jeff Long had explained the consequences of their gesture. Maybe they could have told them that just because they have the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do. To many of us, kneeling during the national anthem is a sign of disrespect to the nation, the flag and the anthem. Is this country perfect? Of course not, but why engage in a gesture that only deepens the already existing racial divides. If they wanted to make a difference in their community and in the country, try organizing activities that bring together police and minorities so they can get to know each other and realize that they aren't (or shouldn't be) enemies who don't trust each other. NBA players have taken the lead in this by organizing events like pick-up basketball games in the inner cities and inviting police to participate. If you want to create change, bring people together. Don't divide them with a gesture that only makes things worse.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: bollweevil on November 07, 2016, 10:03:47 am
I wish, before members of the Lady Razorbacks had chosen to kneel during the national anthem, that either Jimmy Dykes or Jeff Long had explained the consequences of their gesture. Maybe they could have told them that just because they have the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do. To many of us, kneeling during the national anthem is a sign of disrespect to the nation, the flag and the anthem. Is this country perfect? Of course not, but why engage in a gesture that only deepens the already existing racial divides. If they wanted to make a difference in their community and in the country, try organizing activities that bring together police and minorities so they can get to know each other and realize that they aren't (or shouldn't be) enemies who don't trust each other. NBA players have taken the lead in this by organizing events like pick-up basketball games in the inner cities and inviting police to participate. If you want to create change, bring people together. Don't divide them with a gesture that only makes things worse.
The most intelligent comment that I have seen in all of this unfortunate incident.

toxichog

Great post that is right on target.......
But that would require a lot of thought, planning, and effort........easier to just take a knee......

Little Lady Back

Quote from: bollweevil on November 07, 2016, 10:03:47 am

Very well written!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

LadybackBBFan

I just removed a message from this topic which was strictly political.  Please abide by my request so that I do not have to take further action.