Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CMA success is the worst thing that could happen for Tom Collen

Started by BigChief14, March 06, 2014, 09:33:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigChief14

It's really a shame that there isn't more interest in the Women's program.  If the Men's team continues to right the ship, more and more fans will start asking why our Women's team always stinks come Conf. play.

Jessica Jackson is a no doubt top 15 player in her class.

That makes one out of who knows how many he's landed. Just off the top of my head I can think of several who left the state/region.

Morgan Hook
T. Schaif (sp)
Imani Wright
S. Strickland- (may have been pre-Collen, can't remember)
Shanita Arnold- transferred

Is he on ANY of the Missouri Phenom AAU players- most play for Rockbridge HS in Columbia, Mo. ?

T-Wacker

Quote from: BigChief14 on March 06, 2014, 09:46:07 am
Found this link on FF- FROM 5 YEARS AGO!!!!

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=91764.0

Yep, I started that thread 5 years ago and tried to tell everyone he was a dud, but some people have to see it for 4 or 5 years to be convinced.

T-Wacker

Quote from: BigChief14 on March 06, 2014, 09:33:33 am
It's really a shame that there isn't more interest in the Women's program.  If the Men's team continues to right the ship, more and more fans will start asking why our Women's team always stinks come Conf. play.

Jessica Jackson is a no doubt top 15 player in her class.

That makes one out of who knows how many he's landed. Just off the top of my head I can think of several who left the state/region.

Morgan Hook
T. Schaif (sp)
Imani Wright
S. Strickland- (may have been pre-Collen, can't remember)
Shanita Arnold- transferred

Is he on ANY of the Missouri Phenom AAU players- most play for Rockbridge HS in Columbia, Mo. ?

Add misses:
Chelsea Jones - Purdue
Marion Kursh - UALR
Johnson - Missouri
Girl that went to OSU last year

He cannot recruit instate players, period.

Westcoasthog

Tom Collen needs to go as I post these words at 11:15 AM  West Coast Time.

hogman64

Quote from: T-Wacker on March 06, 2014, 12:51:57 pm
Add misses:
Chelsea Jones - Purdue
Marion Kursh - UALR
Johnson - Missouri
Girl that went to OSU last year

He cannot recruit instate players, period.

Let a graduate assistant coach the team give Sam Pittman an extra
$ 400,000 to recruit the players and we would be better..........

Danny J

tophawg19

who would we hire to change it ? Do we really have enough in the Budget to hire a top level coach? The SEC  network may help by giving more coverage but until we get games on T.V where the average fan can keep up , then not many will care . Just look at the increased interest in our baseball team . more coverage equals more interest. Until female grads of the U OF A get behind it , it will struggle
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogman64

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 06, 2014, 07:24:24 pm
who would we hire to change it ? Do we really have enough in the Budget to hire a top level coach? The SEC  network may help by giving more coverage but until we get games on T.V where the average fan can keep up , then not many will care . Just look at the increased interest in our baseball team . more coverage equals more interest. Until female grads of the U OF A get behind it , it will struggle

I don't know what is in the budget but we don't have to hire a top level coach, just a coach capable of becoming a top level coach... someone with some personality and energy who can recruit the best players in Arkansas would be a good start...

Danny J

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 06, 2014, 07:24:24 pm
Joe Foley

Hogtied85

Westcoasthog

Danny 3  - Jeff Long does not need to hire Tom Collen's wife.

Danny J

Quote from: Westcoasthog on March 07, 2014, 04:59:12 pm
   Danny 3  - Jeff Long does not need to hire Tom Collen's wife.
I was being facetious. He needs to hire Joe Foley tomorrow.

Hogtied85

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 07, 2014, 05:32:35 pm
I was being facetious. He needs to hire Joe Foley tomorrow.

The SEC is a totally different animal that what Joe Foley is use too. I think he needs to stay where his at. When need a coach that can compete and beat the best teams out there. Joe Foley and UALR Trojans couldnt even beat Delware in NCAA Tournament last year 

psycHOGlogist

UALR didn't lose to Delaware last year; it was the year before last. (Last year, Delaware beat WVU and #13 UNC on the way to the Sweet 16, where it lost a close game to Kentucky). The Blue Hens were led by Elena Delle Donne, who was the WNBA Rookie of the Year this year. So ... tall order for anyone.

Danny J

Quote from: Hogtired10 on March 07, 2014, 06:07:28 pm
The SEC is a totally different animal that what Joe Foley is use too. I think he needs to stay where his at. When need a coach that can compete and beat the best teams out there. Joe Foley and UALR Trojans couldnt even beat Delware in NCAA Tournament last year
We are talking about UALR for goodness sakes. Give him the players that Collen has had to work with plus the facilities and he will turn this program around. Hell....he could have beaten Arkansas with UALR talent.

Hogtied85

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 07, 2014, 06:13:39 pm
We are talking about UALR for goodness sakes. Give him the players that Collen has had to work with plus the facilities and he will turn this program around. Hell....he could have beaten Arkansas with UALR talent.

All I am saying is lets not rush the process.