Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goals for upcoming hunting season

Started by kodiakisland, August 16, 2014, 08:08:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodiakisland

So what are your goals this year?  Anything new?

This year, outside of a Texas hunt with my daughter, I plan on only using handguns.  My goal is to fill the freezer using my Freedom Arms or Ruger Blackhawk only.  I'm not a great shot so I'm planning on having to be inside 50 yards to take a shot.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

grayhawg

To enjoy every hunt to the utmost, at 72 I probably don't have too many years of climbing trees and bowhunting left. :razorback:

rickm1976

To be safe and have a great time hunting with my brother and son.  If I shoot a deer again this year, that will be an added bonus, but the most important thing is spending time with them.

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Rhog

To make some more memories. It's my son senior year; so every hunt will be special. Also, my 8 year old daughter is wanting to shoot her first deer.
She called in two for us last year. She said she is now ready to do the fun part!

AcornHunter

My goal is to become more aware of the Creator's many gifts to us.

HAWG MAFIA

Getting my wife her first deer or bear. I would like to take a bear with my bow.

1highhog

My wife and I eat everything we shoot, waste no meat, I hate seeing hunters waste so much meat when not properly skinning out a deer.  But after saying that, I plan on cutting back this year on kills, staying within limit, I don't waste anything, not even hog, so since I'm taking hog to, I'll keep my deer to a minimum, that'll keep our freezers full through the year.  I'm setting up plenty of rabbit gums to, so that along with squirrel season, we'll be good to go.

[attachment deleted by admin]

hawgwild child

Kill the big buck im after on camera with my buddy and to repay the favor and film the bear he is after

kodiakisland

Quote from: 1highhog on August 19, 2014, 09:21:32 am
My wife and I eat everything we shoot, waste no meat, I hate seeing hunters waste so much meat when not properly skinning out a deer.  But after saying that, I plan on cutting back this year on kills, staying within limit, I don't waste anything, not even hog, so since I'm taking hog to, I'll keep my deer to a minimum, that'll keep our freezers full through the year.  I'm setting up plenty of rabbit gums to, so that along with squirrel season, we'll be good to go.

Good to hear.  We live off wild game.  When I want beef I'll eat out.  We process all the meat ourselves so we know it's good.  We will put 4 to 6 deer in the freezer.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

pigture perfect

My plan is to harvest does from a buddies property that I'm trying to help him develope. I will only take a buck from there if it is P&Y or close to it. I haven't seen anything that is close to that in 3 years hunting there. I'm hoping game cams show that I've not wasted my time. (Many poachers around there) I plan on hunting horns on another friends property up in North central Arkansas that I've hunted for years.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Rzbakfromwaybak

Just to enjoy being in the woods with a gun, scenery, squirrel hunting, deer, etc......everything about it.  Been in my blood since I was 12, & always look forward to the fall.  Have taken a fair number of deer in my life, but don't shoot many anymore.  Pass up bucks every year that are pretty good ones IMHO, but always seem to hold out for a better one.  Saw a really great one year before last.... twice, but never got a shot.  He was with a very good 10 point that I could have taken easily. Anything I saw after that, was a non-shooter.  Naturally, never saw him again.  Doesn't matter, still love being out there.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.