Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A fullback to check out

Started by Laughing Hog, September 12, 2016, 07:48:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hog

September 12, 2016, 07:48:00 pm Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 08:12:44 pm by Laughing Hog
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4543342/57d56eebdfe299a238ac78dc

Hey for you guys that follow recruiting better than I do, I'd like to get some opinions on this kid. Not a lot of footage, but hope to get some more. I'll see him play in person in about 2 weeks. He's camped locally in the Atl metro area (I think one was at GT) and in Athens.

Full disclosure here, he is the son of a buddy of mine that works in my building.

He's a 5'11" 225 junior. Played o-line last year as a soph. Runs about 5.1 40 and is working with a trainer to get that down.  Daddy is a gawga fan (I only hold it against him once a day), but he likes what he sees at AR. He likes that we use a fullback. Dad claims trainer has told him that he thinks they can get his 40 down to 4.7ish range while adding muscle.

I told dad about the new learning center and the disciplinary regimen and he likes that a lot. Kid has some "dyslexic tendencies" (I didn't dig too much there) according to dad. He is carrying a 3.5 gpa. Dad wants him to have the discipline and the resources to help him get the degree. His doctor thinks he'll get another inch in height and has the frame to pack on another 30 of muscle. He's broke 2 facemasks (so far), one gave him a concussion last year. The kid likes to hit.

I have not seen him catching the ball yet, but he is supposed to have very good hands. He also wrestles and plays Lacrosse. Appreciate the feedback.

Woo Pig!
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Peter Porker

I don't see Arkansas offering another fullback.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

East TN HAWG

Laughing Hog

Quote from: East TN HAWG on September 13, 2016, 11:27:40 am
He should camp next summer.

Good idea, I'll make sure to bring it up to him
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Peter Porker on September 13, 2016, 06:32:26 am
I don't see Arkansas offering another fullback.

Is the '18 class full on fullbacks?

Peter Porker

Quote from: Laughing Hog on September 13, 2016, 07:17:18 pm
Is the '18 class full on fullbacks?

No. How many fullbacks have we offered under Bielema?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

hawgfan4life

He will not get any major offers unless he camps at a school that offers.  I don't want to throw cold water on a parade and I wish this kid all the success.  Furthermore, the movie Greater is a great example of kids that overcome naysayers.  He has a huge obstacle even if he gets his 40 to the 4.7 range because coaches will interpret he has less upside.  To be a FB, you need a ton of mass, strength of an ox, and agility of a skill guy.  He is small in mass and slow in speed right now for major programs like AR.  Coaches absolutely will not consider him without him demonstrating a will to win and heart of a champion performing in their camps.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: East TN HAWG on September 13, 2016, 11:27:40 am
He should camp next summer.

Summer camps are a must for a kid like that.