Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is Deontre Hardwick?

Started by redleg, September 09, 2016, 02:45:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

So...where is Deontre Hardwick? I saw an interview with him from June 2016, that saw him at Coffeyville CC working out after signing with them. But the current Coffeyville roster doesn't show he is on the team.
Is this guy even in school? Will we ever see him in a Razorbacks uniform? Or is he done because he won't do the class work and/or stay out of trouble?
The kids got loads of talent! Hate to see it go to waste.  ???
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

RazorPiggie

greenie

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 09, 2016, 04:29:49 pm
JC

Where?  He's not on the Coffeyville roster, but I'm not sure if their website it regularly updated. Like the OP, I'm curious.

OnTheHillHogFan

The Ft Smith paper did an interview with him at the end of July and he was at Coffeyville at that point. On his Twitter page it says that he is there also.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

trphog

Does the roster include redshirt players? Maybe that is the case

Mike Shelton

He is in coffeyville and red shirt this year. I am
A barber and he comes home every other weekend to visit family and he stops by to get his haircut. He is an awesome young man, with a great head on his shoulders and is killing the class room and weight room right now. (He is super JACKED)

I can't wait to see what he does next year!

Dropkick

Quote from: Mike Shelton on September 11, 2016, 07:33:15 pm
A barber and he comes home every other weekend to visit family and he stops by to get his haircut. He is an awesome young man, with a great head on his shoulders and is killing the class room and weight room right now. (He is super JACKED)

Great news

The_Iceman

If he is redshirting, he could transfer here with 3 years to play 3, right?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 11, 2016, 08:37:32 pm
Yep, gets his class work done right he is eligible to transfer anywhere with 3 to play 3.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 11, 2016, 08:37:32 pm
You can only leave a JUCO after 1 year if you were a qualifier out of HS and I don't think he was.
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

ricepig

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on September 11, 2016, 09:45:27 pm
You can only leave a JUCO after 1 year if you were a qualifier out of HS and I don't think he was.

Correct, after he would graduate. He would have 3 to play 3, since he already used his redshirt year.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on September 11, 2016, 09:53:13 pm
Correct, after he would graduate. He would have 3 to play 3, since he already used his redshirt year.
Yeah I read his lost wrong. Sorry about that.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Mike Shelton on September 11, 2016, 07:33:15 pm

That's awesome to hear.

theFlyingHog

OnTheHillHogFan

hawgmasta

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 12, 2016, 10:55:26 pm
Linebacker?

One of the best natural linebackers to come out of Arkansas in years; I really hope he makes the grades and we see him on the hill!

Grizzlyfan

I assume Hardwick is an academic redshirt (if that's even a real term)?  And that's why he's not on the roster/

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hawgmasta on September 12, 2016, 11:31:22 pm
One of the best natural linebackers to come out of Arkansas in years; I really hope he makes the grades and we see him on the hill!
Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on September 12, 2016, 11:18:26 pm
Yes
Thanks guys. First time I've asked a serious question on HV and not gotten a smartass answer. I hope he's in a hog uni soon!

Prestworthy

Saw him play a few times at Northside. Really talented and would probably be replacing Brooks. Huge upside.

Pork Ranger

redleg

Probably. There is the possibility that he could stay in Jr. College for three years...redshirt year, and then play for two seasons at Coffeyville before transferring to a four-year school with two years to play two.
If he did end up in Fayetteville by 2018, he would be in the rotation at MLB with De'Jon Harris and Giovanni LaFrance...unless...he could play OLB at the strong-side position. But I think he is built for the middle.

PorkRinds

Just being honest, from what I know he will have trouble being ready for SEC academic requirements.  I bet we never see him as a hog but he's one of those that could dominate at a mid major or FCS school and end up in the NFL.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2016, 11:29:54 am
Just being honest, from what I know he will have trouble being ready for SEC academic requirements.  I bet we never see him as a hog but he's one of those that could dominate at a mid major or FCS school and end up in the NFL.
I assume if he redshirts a year and then plays 2 years at JUCO he would be draft eligible?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 15, 2016, 12:53:11 pm
I assume if he redshirts a year and then plays 2 years at JUCO he would be draft eligible?

I would think so but I'm far from an expert.

redleg

As long as a person is removed from high school for three years, he is draft eligible, regardless where they are coming from.

Grizzlyfan

FYI Deontre Hardwick was at the Northside game Friday night and the Razorback game Saturday night.  And Coffeyville had a home game Saturday.  He's not on the Coffeyville roster and I assumed that was probably because he is an academic redshirt(?) or on some kind of academic probation year.  If that is the case I'm not sure what that means about your responsibilities to the team.  Anybody know for sure if he's actually enrolled at Coffeyville?

blu

If Coffeyville played away, he probably would not be expected to be there as a RS.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: blu on October 10, 2016, 07:58:16 pm
If Coffeyville played away, he probably would not be expected to be there as a RS.
As I said above, the Coffeyville game was at home.  I checked the schedule.

I'm only asking this as a Grizzly fan.  I don't think he ever gets to the Hill.

Pig Power

Quote from: Prestworthy on September 13, 2016, 11:22:44 pm
Saw him play a few times at Northside. Really talented and would probably be replacing Brooks. Huge upside.
My brother is a OLine coach and said he was one of quickest aggressive LB's he's seen in years. Called those LB's from that team raptors. Mean and Fast

PorkRinds

He's certainly a stud LB. I think he has a better chance of sneaking into the NFL than he does being a Hog. NFL doesn't hinge on grades. But if he studied an NFL playbook like he studied in high school he won't ever make it anywhere. Instincts can get you through in high school.

redleg

So the best case scenario for Hardwick, is for him to hit the books hard this year and next year, bring up his GPA and ACT score, make a huge splash on the field for Coffeyville next year, graduate from Coffeyville, sign with Arkansas for the 2018 class, and be on campus in Fayetteville for summer school in 2018 getting ready to compete at MLB for the 2018 season as a redshirt soph?
I like it! Hope that's exactly how it plays out for him.

tee1up2par

Quote from: redleg on October 12, 2016, 09:07:36 am
So the best case scenario for Hardwick, is for him to hit the books hard this year and next year, bring up his GPA and ACT score, make a huge splash on the field for Coffeyville next year, graduate from Coffeyville, sign with Arkansas for the 2018 class, and be on campus in Fayetteville for summer school in 2018 getting ready to compete at MLB for the 2018 season as a redshirt soph?
I like it! Hope that's exactly how it plays out for him.

Wish I was wrong but NOT gonna happen. Deontae would have problems passing UNC fake classes. Has been this way his whole Junior High and HS career. Zero discipline. Another wasted talent out of NHS. Let's just hope he's not the next Keniko Logan.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

PorkRinds

Quote from: tee1up2par on October 12, 2016, 01:06:48 pm
Wish I was wrong but NOT gonna happen. Deontae would have problems passing UNC fake classes. Has been this way his whole Junior High and HS career. Zero discipline. Another wasted talent out of NHS. Let's just hope he's not the next Keniko Logan.

Come on.  His struggles are well known, but let's not cast him as someone who is headed for prison.  He seems like a decent kid, just doesn't have the academics.  Hasn't been in trouble at all from what I understand.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 12, 2016, 05:46:25 pm
Come on.  His struggles are well known, but let's not cast him as someone who is headed for prison.  He seems like a decent kid, just doesn't have the academics.  Hasn't been in trouble at all from what I understand.
Yeah the comment above was completely uncalled for.  To the best of your knowledge is he enrolled and attending Coffeyville?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 13, 2016, 10:50:56 am
Yeah the comment above was completely uncalled for.  To the best of your knowledge is he enrolled and attending Coffeyville?

Last I heard he was. But I admittedly don't know if he currently is or not. If he is he's evidently red shirting. 

redleg

So where are we with the Deontre speculation? Has anyone asked Richard Davenport if he knows what this kid is doing?  ???

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but the young man is definitely what you're looking for in an SEC LB physically. He looks like those 'Bama guys and made a lot of plays at Northside.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

tophawg19

i know severalkids who struggled in high school , went to juco and found tutors and did just fine in college . some of you need to quit bashing these type kids like they are too dumb to get it. the right help goes a long ways for someone who wasn't taught to study or organize themselves
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PorkRinds

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 28, 2016, 07:08:22 pm
i know severalkids who struggled in high school , went to juco and found tutors and did just fine in college . some of you need to quit bashing these type kids like they are too dumb to get it. the right help goes a long ways for someone who wasn't taught to study or organize themselves

He was taught. I know that for a fact. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Some people don't mature until after high school, some don't until after college, some never do at all. Speculating about it this young dude who is a stranger to most of us here seems a little immature... but it's a thing.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

a0ashle

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 29, 2016, 12:47:30 am
Some people don't mature until after high school, some don't until after college, some never do at all. Speculating about it this young dude who is a stranger to most of us here seems a little immature... but it's a thing.

Studies have shown that the male brain is still developing until around 25. Explains quite a bit.

Edit:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=141164708

redleg

Geez, I wasn't looking for a lesson on brain development, or listening to some hack from npr! I just wanted to know if anyone could tell me where this guy is. Is he still in Juco at Coffeyville? Did he give up? Did he redshirt? yadda yadda yadda! mmm-K!

a0ashle

Quote from: redleg on December 29, 2016, 11:21:31 am
Geez, I wasn't looking for a lesson on brain development, or listening to some hack from npr! I just wanted to know if anyone could tell me where this guy is. Is he still in Juco at Coffeyville? Did he give up? Did he redshirt? yadda yadda yadda! mmm-K!

You aren't the only one here.

redleg

I asked a question. It was not answered.

ricepig

Quote from: redleg on December 30, 2016, 01:37:01 pm

I saw plenty of responses, that's a HV answer.

redleg

PorkRinds

Quote from: redleg on December 30, 2016, 01:37:01 pm

The answer was clear. No one knows. :)

NoogaHog

We all come from the John White school of "Answer the question we wanted them to ask"
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Grizzlyfan

As I said earlier he was in Fort Smith a least one Saturday when Coffeyville had a home game.  I would guess he is an academic redshirt and I don't know if you would be required to be with the team or not.

redleg

So.....any new news on this guy?  ???