Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chevin Calloway

Started by greenie, August 20, 2016, 12:09:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

Is this guy still in play for us?

FWIW, just picked up a 247 crystal ball pick.

hawginbigd1

Someone must think his commit to Iowa is not in stone as bizarre as it was.

HOGINTENNESSEE

It was a Buckeye writer for what is worth. But he just committed to Iowa a month ago. I can't imagine a whole lot changing in a month

The_Boot_stops_here

Man, we could use a guy like that. Hope there's something to it

Bubba's Bruisers

Does this kid have ties to Iowa?  Very unusual that a Dallas TX kid of his caliber would be committed to Iowa.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

greenie

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 20, 2016, 02:17:10 pm
Man, we could use a guy like that. Hope there's something to it

Couldn't agree more.
Could be a great DB class.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 20, 2016, 03:22:57 pm
Does this kid have ties to Iowa?  Very unusual that a Dallas TX kid of his caliber would be committed to Iowa.
Only ties I know about outside the metroplex is being from Pine Bluff originally. I know he was a Hog fan at one time because he went to grade school and junior high with my daughter when he moved here. He plays at bishop-Dunne but still lives here south of Dallas.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 20, 2016, 04:30:47 pm
Only ties I know about outside the metroplex is being from Pine Bluff originally. I know he was a Hog fan at one time because he went to grade school and junior high with my daughter when he moved here. He plays at bishop-Dunne but still lives here south of Dallas.
Iowa was top ten all season last year, they have stepped up big time in recruiting this year as well. They are 18th right now, 2 spots ahead of us with less commits. They have a 5* and 4 4*s, as well as 9 3*s. Amazing class for Iowa. Kirk Ferentz was the most overpaid coach in football 2 years ago but he has taken himself off of that list I guess.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Richard Davenport

hawginbigd1

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 20, 2016, 06:10:37 pm
Don't rule Arkansas out
Has something changed with his commitment to Iowa? Or is he planning an OV here?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

The_Boot_stops_here

Might this have something to do with putting the brakes on Nixon?

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 20, 2016, 09:09:16 pm
Might this have something to do with putting the brakes on Nixon?

RD said that we had 4 DB commits and that if we took another one it would be a high school player, to paraphrase him.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on August 20, 2016, 09:12:17 pm
RD said that we had 4 DB commits and that if we took another one it would be a high school player, to paraphrase him.

Do we know who those 4 are?  I know Brown and I guess Hernandez and McClellion.  Who's the 4th?  Curtis, Warren, Barnes...?  There just seems to be several athletes that I'm not sure are being recruited as WR or DB.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 20, 2016, 09:18:40 pm
Do we know who those 4 are?  I know Brown and I guess Hernandez and McClellion.  Who's the 4th?  Curtis, Warren, Barnes...?  There just seems to be several athletes that I'm not sure are being recruited as WR or DB.

Curtis is a DB.

trashcan maN

If we signed him, would he be our highest rated DB since Winston?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 20, 2016, 06:10:37 pm
Don't rule Arkansas out
The guy who gave us the crystal ball pick is 16/16 for 100% for whatever that's worth. Pretty sure he didn't just decide to ruin his perfect picking record.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Music City Hog

I'm not saying he should choose Arkansas, because let's be honest, we aren't any higher on the food chain than Iowa, but why the hell would a kid with these offers go to Iowa?

It's a whatever school in the middle of nowhere.   I'll be surprised if he sticks there whether he comes to Ark or not. 

ADavisTheGOAT

Rawleigh's brother Brian, plays on the same team as Chevin. Maybe Brian can put in a good word for us.

ADavisTheGOAT

Also Bishop Dunne plays Fayetteville High School in Fayetteville. So its possible Chevin could go on an unofficial here during that time.

HOGINTENNESSEE

August 22, 2016, 10:33:27 pm #20 Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:56:36 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: Music City Hog on August 22, 2016, 09:57:55 pm
I'm not saying he should choose Arkansas, because let's be honest, we aren't any higher on the food chain than Iowa, but why the hell would a kid with these offers go to Iowa?

It's a whatever school in the middle of nowhere.   I'll be surprised if he sticks there whether he comes to Ark or not. 

Iowa does have the raining Thorpe award winner. It's actually a pretty smart choice. They develop players and not a lot high caliber recruits to potentially take away playing time.

But I totally get what you are saying. Recruits don't normally look at it that way and go to the biggest school.

RME

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 20, 2016, 03:22:57 pm

Iowa has 5 Dallas-area players on the roster for this year, and 5 commits from Texas for 2017 already, 2 of which are 4*.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 22, 2016, 09:57:55 pm

You been to Iowa? I been to Iowa. You don't want to go to Iowa. That puts us higher on the food chain. Just get em on campus baby

AugustaHog

Chevin and RW3 would be huge for getting Brian to call the Hogs in due time.  CBB has a great relationship with the Williams family and I'd be shocked if we aren't a finalist for the ELITE baby brother.  That'd be one heckuva pipeline at Dunne HS.

greenie

Otis has now jumped on board...FWIW

hawginbigd1

Quote from: greenie on September 02, 2016, 10:51:04 am
I am very hopeful, this kid seems to be the one piece left to make this class a complete masterpiece in the secondary.

King Kong

Quote from: greenie on September 02, 2016, 10:51:04 am

He has so many Arkansas connections it would be great to land him

It's been discouraging that we have missed out on several kids in TX the past couple of year with good ties. TX has just be rough for us. Hopefully Whaley's success can help lead the charge to change that.

Which IMO makes the job CBB and crew done in recruiting even better.

sickboy

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 22, 2016, 08:48:15 pm
If we signed him, would he be our highest rated DB since Winston?

Yes. Right now. Mantric Brown is our highest rated DB since Winston. Tevin Mitchel came close. He was a 4*.

Peter Porker

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 20, 2016, 12:24:45 pm
It was a Buckeye writer for what is worth. But he just committed to Iowa a month ago. I can't imagine a whole lot changing in a month

Being Bret Bielema has been on the air.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Seebs

Quote from: King Kong on September 02, 2016, 11:16:47 am
He has so many Arkansas connections it would be great to land him

It's been discouraging that we have missed out on several kids in TX the past couple of year with good ties. TX has just be rough for us. Hopefully Whaley's success can help lead the charge to change that.

Which IMO makes the job CBB and crew done in recruiting even better.

These guys would dispute that

Connor Limpert
K   Fr   6-1   176   Allen, Texas   Allen HS
9   Cole Hedlund
K   So   5-10   171   Argyle, Texas   Argyle HS
17   Kofi Boateng
WR   Fr   6-1   183   Arlington, Texas   Lamar HS
21   Devwah Whaley
RB   Fr   5-11   216   Beaumont, Texas   Central HS
75   Zach Rogers
OL   So   6-1   306   Carrollton, Texas   Hebron HS
48   Deatrich Wise Jr.
DL   Sr   6-5   271   Carrollton, Texas   Hebron HS
50   Jake Raulerson
OL   Jr   6-4   301   Celina, Texas   Celina HS/Texas
22   Rawleigh Williams III
RB   So   5-10   223   Dallas, Texas   Bishop Lynch HS
94   Taiwan Johnson
DL   Sr   6-2   284   Manvel, Texas   Manvel HS
25   Micahh Smith
DB   Fr   6-0   195   Marshall, Texas   Marshall HS
20   Troy Allison
WR   So   6-1   193   McGregor, Texas   McGregor HS
26   Matt Dodson
DB   Jr   5-10   208   McKinney, Texas   Boyd HS
47   Matt Reynolds
LB   Jr   6-1   211   McKinney, Texas   McKinney HS
2   DJ Dean
DB   Sr   5-11   199   Newton, Texas   Newton HS
19   Anthony Antwine
TE   Jr   6-4   222   Plano, Texas   Plano Senior HS
42   Jonathan Marshall
DL   Fr   6-4   299   Shepherd, Texas   Shepherd HS
3   McTelvin Agim
DL   Fr   6-3   289   Texarkana, Texas   Hope HS (Ark.)
24   Ryder Lucas
DB   So   6-0   190   The Woodlands, Texas   College Park HS
31   Connor McPherson
RB   Jr   5-7   208   The Woodlands, Texas   College Park HS
32   Dylan Calhoun
DB   Fr   5-10   185   Waxahachie, Texas   Waxahachie HS
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Uncommon

Well we have 13 on the scholarship roster from Texas.  Considering location and the number of undergraduate students going to the University of Arkansas from the state of Texas, I think 13 is a little on the low side.  I figure we would have between 16-20 players from the state of Texas.  I think we're trying to get back in the state of Texas though especially since we've had some busts recently from the south Florida area and Bielema has had some time to get his feet wet in the Lone Star state.

King Kong

Quote from: Seebs on September 02, 2016, 06:53:53 pm
These guys would dispute that

Connor Limpert
K   Fr   6-1   176   Allen, Texas   Allen HS
9   Cole Hedlund
K   So   5-10   171   Argyle, Texas   Argyle HS
17   Kofi Boateng
WR   Fr   6-1   183   Arlington, Texas   Lamar HS
21   Devwah Whaley
RB   Fr   5-11   216   Beaumont, Texas   Central HS
75   Zach Rogers
OL   So   6-1   306   Carrollton, Texas   Hebron HS
48   Deatrich Wise Jr.
DL   Sr   6-5   271   Carrollton, Texas   Hebron HS
50   Jake Raulerson
OL   Jr   6-4   301   Celina, Texas   Celina HS/Texas
22   Rawleigh Williams III
RB   So   5-10   223   Dallas, Texas   Bishop Lynch HS
94   Taiwan Johnson
DL   Sr   6-2   284   Manvel, Texas   Manvel HS
25   Micahh Smith
DB   Fr   6-0   195   Marshall, Texas   Marshall HS
20   Troy Allison
WR   So   6-1   193   McGregor, Texas   McGregor HS
26   Matt Dodson
DB   Jr   5-10   208   McKinney, Texas   Boyd HS
47   Matt Reynolds
LB   Jr   6-1   211   McKinney, Texas   McKinney HS
2   DJ Dean
DB   Sr   5-11   199   Newton, Texas   Newton HS
19   Anthony Antwine
TE   Jr   6-4   222   Plano, Texas   Plano Senior HS
42   Jonathan Marshall
DL   Fr   6-4   299   Shepherd, Texas   Shepherd HS
3   McTelvin Agim
DL   Fr   6-3   289   Texarkana, Texas   Hope HS (Ark.)
24   Ryder Lucas
DB   So   6-0   190   The Woodlands, Texas   College Park HS
31   Connor McPherson
RB   Jr   5-7   208   The Woodlands, Texas   College Park HS
32   Dylan Calhoun
DB   Fr   5-10   185   Waxahachie, Texas   Waxahachie HS

Several (10 to be exact) of those guys are or were walk-ons, 2 CBB didn't even recruit, and with Whaley being the only 4 star. (no I'm not giving you Agim who has been living in Arkansas) Rogers had a 4 star offer list and Raulerson was a 4 star that signed with Texas.

Fact is we have missed on Texas Kids like Sutherland who had 2 brothers at Arkansas, Daniels last year, Newsome  and Kendrick Jackson this year.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: King Kong on September 02, 2016, 08:22:17 pm
Several (10 to be exact) of those guys are or were walk-ons, 2 CBB didn't even recruit, and with Whaley being the only 4 star. (no I'm not giving you Agim who has been living in Arkansas) Rogers had a 4 star offer list and Raulerson was a 4 star that signed with Texas.

Fact is we have missed on Texas Kids like Sutherland who had 2 brothers at Arkansas, Daniels last year, Newsome  and Kendrick Jackson this year.

Yep, with UT and OU traditionally getting the top talent, then the emergence of A&M, Baylor and TCU, and with UA in the SEC, I suspect it will continue to be a difficult process.

orgkeith

Quote from: Peter Porker on September 02, 2016, 06:34:31 pm
Being Bret Bielema has been on the air.
Think we are on the same page.  Sounds like the prospect bret was describing that is on the top of our board.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: King Kong on September 02, 2016, 08:22:17 pm

Solomon Thomas as well.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: orgkeith on September 03, 2016, 06:58:34 am
Think we are on the same page.  Sounds like the prospect bret was describing that is on the top of our board.
I thought that too, but why call his alma mater "the enemy"?

King Kong

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 03, 2016, 09:34:44 am
Solomon Thomas as well.

How did I forget him? Painfully signing day memory there

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: King Kong on September 03, 2016, 09:36:30 am
How did I forget him? Painfully signing day memory there
I block him out, too. But he killed a dude last night and made himself re-appear in my memory. #90 on Stanford is a man, and if he were here our starters at DE would be Solly and D Wise. Jeez.

Peter Porker

Quote from: orgkeith on September 03, 2016, 06:58:34 am

Except Iowa isn't our enemy.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

The_Boot_stops_here

Looks like Calloway is planning to officially visit for Bama and unofficial for LSU. Plans to take all 5 officials

greenie

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on September 21, 2016, 07:52:43 am
Looks like Calloway is planning to officially visit for Bama and unofficial for LSU. Plans to take all 5 officials

Competition is always steep for the good ones.

ricepig

I take this as a good sign for an Iowa commit.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on September 21, 2016, 09:55:39 am
I take this as a good sign for an Iowa commit.

Agreed. Especially the unofficial part. If he's willing to foot the bill for a second visit he must be interested

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on September 21, 2016, 12:34:03 pm
Agreed. Especially the unofficial part. If he's willing to foot the bill for a second visit he must be interested

Just catch a ride with the Williams...

AugustaHog

There is some serious talent at that school.  I think we could really do some work turning that into a Hog factory.

Scott7703

I expect Arkansas to get this one.

ADavisTheGOAT

Looks like Calloway has officially decommitted from Iowa according to 247.

http://247sports.com/Player/Chevin-Calloway-78898

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Nosboar Accubond

colbs

Isn't he visiting this weekend?