ARKANSAS!!!
37 (21.5%)
Other Team Not Listed
6 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 172

Voting closed: March 10, 2018, 10:16:34 am

OldTimeHawg

Hey y'all!

I am fairly new around here...usually read a lot but didn't make an account until recently!  I just wanted to first say I'm glad to be here on Hogville and am excited to finally post on here and give some opinions!  This post will show my predictions for each game of the tourney!  You guys can post your predictions in the replies as well!

Go Hawgs!

First Round

#14 Ole Miss vs #11 South Carolina

I give the nod to the Gamecocks here!  Ole Miss is just dead and their players have given up.

#12 Georgia vs #13 Vanderbilt

Georgia has the best player on the court and wins because of that...

Second Round

#8 Texas A&M vs #9 Alabama

Alabama is on a bad streak right now and their bubble pops with a loss to the Aggies.

#12 Georgia vs #5 Missouri

The Home town Tigers move on with a win over Georgia

#10 LSU vs #7 Miss. State

LSU is about as dangerous a 10 seed as you can get.  Give me the Tigers in what I think could be a sleeper for a blowout.

#11 South Carolina vs #6 Arkansas

Give me the Hogs in this one!  I think we just match up very well with SCAR and should be able to put them away by the 2nd half.  Never sleep though on any team that is fighting for March!

Quarterfinals

#8 Texas A&M vs #1 Auburn

Auburn has nobody inside to stop Texas A&M down low.  This is a terrible matchup for Auburn and I think the Aggies advance to the Semifinals with relative ease.

#4 Kentucky vs #5 Missouri

Despite the home court advantage for Missouri, BBN will also come in droves.  I think the Wildcats are hitting their stride despite the loss against Florida, and matchup well with the Tigers.  Give me Kentucky in a close game.

#10 LSU vs #2 Tennessee

This is a interesting game for me.  I think this will be a fun battle.  LSU is going to be going all out, while the rested Volunteers could be rusty.  I think LSU builds a double digit lead, but UT wakes up and wins by 2 in a instant classic.

#6 Arkansas vs #3 Florida

Despite all of our recent struggles to Florida, I think Florida actually struggles with the extra rest with their inconsistency showing in this one.  I think the Hogs win this one by 3-8 points.  Please let me be right hogs!

Semifinals

#8 Texas A&M vs #4 Kentucky

The road stops here for A&M.  They have great matchups in the first 2 games, but this one is a bad matchup for them.  Kentucky wins again and makes it to the finals...AGAIN!

#2 Tennessee vs #6 Arkansas

UGH I hope I am wrong fellow Hog fans!  But I just don't see us getting that same magic we had against the Volunteers again at the Bud back in December 2017!  This one will be close no doubt, but I think the Hogs will still have a 6 seed locked up even if we lose this one!  Hope I am wrong  :D!

Championship

#2 Tennessee vs #4 Kentucky

TO HELL WITH KENTUCKY!!!!!

Overall I think the Hogs will do well in the tournament and get the wins they need to lock up a 6 seed!  Maybe even a finals appearance, but I just don't know if we will :/!  But hey, the NCAA Tournament is the one that matters and we could use some rest!  Either way, we are in for a fun ride this postseason! 

As always...GO HAWGS!
HOGS = LIFE

BannerMountainMan

Pick Arkansas!! Dilly Dilly! Let's ride the tidal waves to the promise land since we don't play on the road anymore
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 05, 2018, 10:34:00 am
Pick Arkansas!! Dilly Dilly! Let's ride the tidal waves to the promise land since we don't play on the road anymore

I picked Arkansas in the poll because I could never not...but I feel like if we can come out and play like we all know they can, then we can get to that championship!
HOGS = LIFE

SemperHawg

Tenner looks like the most complete team in the league over the last month.  I would go with Aubbie, but they are shorthanded with very little rim protection.  They may be running out of steam.

redleg

Hogs will beat South Carolina or Ole Miss on Thursday.
Since the Hogs haven't beaten Florida since 2013, I will go out on a limb and say they are due versus the Gators...Arkansas over Florida in the quarterfinals.
Hogs lose to Tennessee in the semi-finals.
A&M upsets Auburn in quarters, or Uk beats Aubie in the semis.
My finals is Kentucky vs Tennessee. The Vols swept the Cats in the regular season. UK gets back at them by winning the SEC Tourney...yet again. (yawn!) Same ole, same ole. Boring.

Hogs will be 23-11, get stuck with an 8 seed, win in the first round of the NCAAs, lose in the 2nd round...again!
24-12. A good season that could have been so much more!

2018-19 is going to be a rough rebuilding season, especially if Gafford leaves early.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

razorback1829

Quote from: redleg on March 05, 2018, 11:21:05 am
Since the Hogs haven't beaten Florida since 2013, I will go out on a limb and say they are due versus the Gators...Arkansas over Florida in the quarterfinals.
My finals is Kentucky vs Tennessee. The Vols swept the Cats in the regular season. UK gets back at them by winning the SEC Tourney...yet again. (yawn!) Same ole, same ole. Boring.

Hogs will be 23-11, get stuck with an 8 seed, win in the first round of the NCAAs, lose in the 2nd round...again!

2018-19 is going to be a rough rebuilding season, especially if Gafford leaves early.

We win our first game, we won't fall below a 7. We beat Florida and get another Q1 win, we will go to a 6. Tennessee will be free money.

I don't think we're in danger of an 8 unless we drop our first one.

riccoar

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: redleg on March 05, 2018, 11:21:05 am

No way Arkansas falls to an 8 with 2 wins in the SECT.  Maybe that if we lose the first round.  I can see us getting to a 6 or the Top 7 seed with 2 wins in the tourney. 
HOGS = LIFE

BroyledNutts

SEC Final Four ...

Auburn vs. Kentucky
Tennessee vs. Florida

I could see finals scenarios with all four of those teams, but IMHO the tournament champ will come from that group, barring a massive upset somewhere.

Two games to watch that could upset this final ... Mizzou vs. Kentucky - Mizzou playing in state could quite possibly win that game if everything goes right for them.
                                                                        LSU vs. Tennessee - it would be LSU luck to catch Tennessee looking beyond and win a close one.

SemperHawg

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 05, 2018, 01:41:41 pm
SEC Final Four ...

Auburn vs. Kentucky
Tennessee vs. Florida

I could see finals scenarios with all four of those teams, but IMHO the tournament champ will come from that group, barring a massive upset somewhere.

Two games to watch that could upset this final ... Mizzou vs. Kentucky - Mizzou playing in state could quite possibly win that game if everything goes right for them.
                                                                        LSU vs. Tennessee - it would be LSU luck to catch Tennessee looking beyond and win a close one.
I don't see Aubbie winning a game in the SEC tournament.  That is a bad draw getting either A&M (bad match up for them given injuries) or Bama (Really Really Really needs a couple of wins) right off the bat.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: SemperHawg on March 05, 2018, 02:06:29 pm
I don't see Aubbie winning a game in the SEC tournament.  That is a bad draw getting either A&M (bad match up for them given injuries) or Bama (Really Really Really needs a couple of wins) right off the bat.

You could be right ... they may not give a lot of effort either, considering they're already in the NCAAs as a high seed ... I'm just hedging with the team that's been the hottest and most consistent for the longest period of the season.

redleg

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 05, 2018, 01:41:41 pm
SEC Final Four ...

Auburn vs. Kentucky
Tennessee vs. Florida

I don't see all four top seeds making it to the semi-finals. Someone is going to get upset. I am REALLY hoping someone beats Kentucky! I am so sick and tired of them winning everything every single year!

For the love of Pete, will someone please tell one of the NBA teams to hire Calipari, AND, do away with the one and done bulls***!
I know UK will probably get another good coach, but maybe he won't be quite AS good as Calipari. And getting rid of the one and done will go a long way in helping to level the playing field versus the Kentucky's, UNC's, and Duke's of the college basketball world!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: redleg on March 05, 2018, 03:49:50 pm
I don't see all four top seeds making it to the semi-finals. Someone is going to get upset. I am REALLY hoping someone beats Kentucky! I am so sick and tired of them winning everything every single year!

For the love of Pete, will someone please tell one of the NBA teams to hire Calipari, AND, do away with the one and done bulls***!
I know UK will probably get another good coach, but maybe he won't be quite AS good as Calipari. And getting rid of the one and done will go a long way in helping to level the playing field versus the Kentucky's, UNC's, and Duke's of the college basketball world!

I can't decide if getting rid of the one-and-dones would help or hurt ... it would either cause a lot of blue chips to go straight to the NBA, and there might be a little more parity in basketball, or it would cause all these blue chippers to stick around for 3 years at the usual blue blood programs, making the advantage even more lopsided than it currently is ...

redleg

It needs to go AWAY! It's killing college basketball! They need to do it the way baseball does it. It you get drafted out of high school and you sign the contract, then your college career is over before it began. But, if you don't sign and you go to college, then you aren't draft eligible for three years! That's fair. Some of these kids that think they are NBA ready, let them go find out. But if you go to college, be prepared to stay there for three seasons, which means very few teams (if any) will be signing 5* players at each position every signing class. This isn't football. Five starting positions, and kids want to play!

OldTimeHawg

Dustin Thomas injury does not change my bracketolgy for Arkansas...I might be a fool but I think this addition by subtraction.  Still think the Hogs will finally beat Florida...they are due just like they were due in football a couple years back...
HOGS = LIFE

OldTimeHawg

Wednesday Games:

South Carolina defeated Ole Miss (Correct)

Georgia defeated Vandy (Correct)

2 for 2 start lol  ;D
HOGS = LIFE

OldTimeHawg

Didn't update...

Thursday Games:

Alabama defeated Texas A&M (Incorrect)

Piss State defeated LSU (Incorrect)

Georgia defeated Misery (Incorrect)

Arkansas defeated SCAR (Correct)

Had a much better Friday...

Kentucky defeated Georgia (Correct)