Previous topic - Next topic

younghog

GO HOGS

StanHog

Quote from: oldbooniehog on September 17, 2017, 05:35:55 pm
Five years in, Hog fans would be screaming "FIRE BROHM! He can't get it done!"

That would probably depend on if he could "get it done"

#1 STUNNA

Fleck, Brohm, and Norvell would all be homerun hires... Fleck is prolly the best recruiter of the three and more firery.... and I think Brohm and Norvell are better X's and O's coaches for sure. All three have their teams looking pretty good this year.

George S. Pigton

\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

doc53

I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

MountainHomeHogger

As a Purdue alumnus I do not want Arkansas to go after Brohm.  He's perfectly fine at Purdue!!

311Hog

Isn't Jeff Brohm a former Louisville QB under Petrino in Petrino's first stint as their HC? i seem to remember him being the younger better Brohm QB that didnt' really work out as well as they hoped in college, i maybe wrong on this.  His Purdue team did just mash Missouri at their place, he also strikes me as a very fiery disciplinarian because he lit into his starting QB up 21 zip and sat him down for the back up and they still cruised to the win.

Gonzo

Quote from: MountainHomeHogger on September 18, 2017, 12:55:42 pm
As a Purdue alumnus I do not want Arkansas to go after Brohm.  He's perfectly fine at Purdue!!

Sounds to me like you might have connections and could get this deal rolling, just sayin'...........    ;)

Go Hogs!

FWF79

Brohm is my pick to replace Bret hands down.  Disciplinarian and offensive minded coach.  The current "Pro Style" run first when you cant manage to put together a running game is getting old.

El Puerco Grande

Bielema had great success in the Big 10. All I have heard is that a Big 10 coach cannot hack it in the SEC West. Now, the answer to all of our problems is to hire a coach from the Big 10, who hasn't won three Rose Bowls. Gotcha!
How 'bout them hogs?

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 12, 2017, 07:04:32 pm
I've thought PJ Fleck would be great at the U. of Arkansas. He's cut-throat and actually goes out and recruits talented players without the uncommon excuses for any laziness.  He can motivate and he has his guy's backs and it shows on the field.

Many people want Mike Leach. The pirate running tFlagship is a nice storyline and he'd make football fun again. However, he wouldn't recruit to the hill like is needed and the Arkansas job is a retirement payday at the moment. We're suckers in the coaching market w/ Jeff Long at the helm. This isn't where a young up and coming ego-concerned coach would stake his future on at the moment. The SEC has peaked, the coaching talent in the conference is down considerably and the teams around the SEC will reflect that. No-one concerned about their future coaching legacy is willing to get shredded in SEC West but that issue should be lessened over the next few years.

Arkansas needs an innovative guy with passion and a ridiculous work ethic. I think Jeff Brohm should be one of the key guys to target.  Like stated in the title he brings the Petrino system which we know can work at Arkansas but he doesn't have the assholery that you get with Petrino. I think he can recruit to Arkansas and with the 2019 in-state class looking like it will be the best ever, the Hogs really can't afford to lame-duck Bielema around to 2020. We've seen what Bielema is willing to do and can do, it just isn't up to snuff. I'm glad we don't have a team of marauding criminals like at Alabama, Baylor, Ole Miss, Florida St., Florida, Oklahoma and what we had in the Holtz and Petrino eras.  In major college football nice guys do finish last.

Brohm has the resume, he's shown he can turn teams around. Purdue is already looking light years better than they have in decades and he didn't need a 4 year excuse of getting his guys. I don't have any clue what Brohm is like to be around or how his personality is but I do have faith that he isn't a train-wreck like Petrino and Bielema have proven to be. Bielema is a fraud, if any of you have believed a single pre-season word out of his mouth the past two years then you're also part of the problem. 

Hopefully the people in charge decide they want to win again.

Brohm's name is coming up a lot in relation to the Ole Miss job.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 18, 2017, 04:17:40 pm
Brohm's name is coming up a lot in relation to the Ole Miss job.

ZERO chance he jumps into that pit of despair.

Like ZERO.

But if for some reason he does take it, I'd suggest drug testing him prior to signing the contract.
This is my non-signature signature.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: 311Hog on September 18, 2017, 01:40:13 pm
Isn't Jeff Brohm a former Louisville QB under Petrino in Petrino's first stint as their HC? i seem to remember him being the younger better Brohm QB that didnt' really work out as well as they hoped in college, i maybe wrong on this.  His Purdue team did just mash Missouri at their place, he also strikes me as a very fiery disciplinarian because he lit into his starting QB up 21 zip and sat him down for the back up and they still cruised to the win.

You're thinking of his younger brother Brian. Jeff played under Schnellenberger and lasted something 7-8 years in the NFL. Then started coaching and was Petrino's QB coach/OC during his first run in L'ville. He took over WKU when Petrino finished probation year there.

The dude is nailz everywhere he's coached.  He's not afraid of a challenge. He's coached at UAB/Illinois and rejoined Petrino at WKU.

The resources he'd have at his disposal at Arkansas would be enough for him to jump at the chance to coach here. Petrino had a good thing going, he knows it and I'm sure he'd like to see if he take it a notch further than Petrino could. The time is ripe for a good youngish coach to come into the SEC and gobble up these other programs that made bad coaching hires too.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

goodguytex

I like what Brohm is doing at Purdue, and I like what Durkin is doing at Maryland. Both those people are guys we should look at if bielema does wind up leaving for one reason or another.

Quite honestly, this talk of who will replace bielema is pie in the sky thinking. Long is all in on Bielema, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. I don't think there's any scenario, a realistic one, where Long actually fires bielema at the end of this season, or the next several. Unless bielema pulls a Petrino type of stunt. Which I doubt happens.