Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

COMPLETED - New address to access Hogville Forums coming SATURDAY!

Started by Doug, March 22, 2018, 07:01:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

Heya, Hogvillians!

We're getting ready to make some major changes to Hogville.

Starting Saturday (no time frame just yet), the URL to Hogville's forums:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php
                  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/

will be changing to

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php
                  http://forums.hogville.net/

Two weeks after that, we will be performing one more spot of maintenance to move the forums to their new permanent physical location on the Hogville servers.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Cinco de Hogo

Doug

"Hogs" and "hunt me down" should never be used in the same sentence, Cinco. ;)
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Doug on March 22, 2018, 07:28:34 am
"Hogs" and "hunt me down" should never be used in the same sentence, Cinco. ;)

Whoops!

Hog_Swanson

I have a question for "Bear".  How are you going to skip out on all of us for what feels like a couple years now, then show up and tell us we are moving?  What gives you that right?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

DeltaBoy

Thanks for the heads up I will check in some time Sat evening or Sunday morning.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

farmhawg

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 22, 2018, 09:15:02 am
I have a question for "Bear".  How are you going to skip out on all of us for what feels like a couple years now, then show up and tell us we are moving?  What gives you that right?
At least he sent all of us that free case of beer when he left.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hog_Swanson

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Doug

Swanny, I may not have been active publicly, but that doesn't mean I wasn't lurking around behind the scenes. ;)

I'm actually going to do what I can to be a little more active this year... things are (SLOWLY) starting to settle down... a lot has happened the past couple years, too, so...
--Doug

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Doug

That should just about be it, folks.

Anyone that had any saved bookmarks or favorites that pointed over to anything under http://hogville.net/yabbse/ or http://www.hogville.net/yabbse should automatically be redirected to the proper URL. :)

If you notice any legitimate issues, please report them here.

Although the URL is different, you shouldn't need to re-log in again. IF you do, and you need to reset your password, use the password recovery feature. It's 100% operational now. :)
--Doug

hogwild32

thebignasty

From the forums landing page, the forums link in the red bar under the logo still links to the old forums location.

Doug

The redirect works fine... it does need to be updated, but because of the redirect, it's not a "HURRY HURRY HURRY FIX IT NOW" type fix that needs to be put in. :)
--Doug

thebignasty

Quote from: Doug on March 24, 2018, 08:58:57 am
The redirect works fine... it does need to be updated, but because of the redirect, it's not a "HURRY HURRY HURRY FIX IT NOW" type fix that needs to be put in. :)

I can easily get around it, just sharing the issue.  If I click the forum link from within forums though, its taking me to page not found.  Figured that was the kind of bug you guys wanted to know about.

Doug

Aha!  Thanks, TBN... fixed/corrected that one.

You're right... that was a "HURRY HURRY HURRY FIX IT NOW" fix that needed to be put in, haha!
--Doug

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Doug on March 22, 2018, 08:53:29 pm
Swanny, I may not have been active publicly, but that doesn't mean I wasn't lurking around behind the scenes. ;)

I'm actually going to do what I can to be a little more active this year... things are (SLOWLY) starting to settle down... a lot has happened the past couple years, too, so...
well glad to see your back.

Martygit

When I click on the Hogville.net link I get the home page - when I then click on Forums it keeps sending me back to the home page - is that what it's supposed to be doing?  I can't access the forums from the Home Page
RIP OTR, REV

Doug

--Doug

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV

PigPusher

Do I hear if is not broke don't fix it? Oh, wait we do not know if it is broke or not. Only fearless leader Doug knows that. We shall follow.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Wild Bill Hog

ChitownHawg

Site seems a whole lot faster here in Asia. And never felt a bump in the transition. Hit Lanny up for a nice bonus.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

DeltaBoy

RagingHawgOn

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 26, 2018, 12:59:25 pm
Don't believe I'd be sharing that..... ;D
Dougie is just a big ole softy.  Stay on his good side.  You'll be fine.

woodrow hog call

This must be so they can sell off all of our personal information to the Russians, a little easier, or that Zuckerberg dude, same thing.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 26, 2018, 04:18:57 pm
Dougie is just a big ole softy.  Stay on his good side.  You'll be fine.

I think what he meant to say was, He wouldn't be sharing the fact that you have been looking at Doug's back, it sounded a little creepy but we're not judging or anything.

Boardon Hamsay

When will the [you] tag be reactivated? Landy said we could.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Doug

Quote from: woodrow hog callThis must be so they can sell off all of our personal information to the Russians, a little easier, or that Zuckerberg dude, same thing.
I know this is a tongue-in-cheek (joking) comment, but I do want to state something here...

The day anyone's personal info is sold is the day Lanny and I are no longer around Hogville. As long as at least ONE of us is around, Russia, Suckerberg and the rest of those idiots can go suck a cho..... erm... yeah.

We've got a doggone strong privacy policy, and we do whatever we can to not violate it.

Quote from: Boardon HamsayWhen will the [you] tag be reactivated? Landy said we could.
I guess [you] wants us to call their boss and get 'em fired for being on Hogville during the time they're supposed to be working, huh? ;)
--Doug

Slider

All the links in the header are broken. Relative URLs aren't finding the pages. Just from forums.hogville.net.

TebowHater

Appreciate all the work you do to make this place run.

I was just curious if there were any plans to fix the search feature as I noticed the daemon is still unavailable? Also any chance of giving the embedded Twitter a second chance? Was a super nice addition.

Thanks again, certainly not complaining - just luxury requests.

Doug

Will get all the links fixed this morning. Thanks for the heads up, Slider. :)

T.H., twitter won't return for a while... it caused a major slowdown. Can't have that happen again. :D

Will dig into search.
--Doug

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Doug on March 26, 2018, 07:36:50 pm
I know this is a tongue-in-cheek (joking) comment, but I do want to state something here...

The day anyone's personal info is sold is the day Lanny and I are no longer around Hogville. As long as at least ONE of us is around, Russia, Suckerberg and the rest of those idiots can go suck a cho..... erm... yeah.

We've got a doggone strong privacy policy, and we do whatever we can to not violate it.
I guess [you] wants us to call their boss and get 'em fired for being on Hogville during the time they're supposed to be working, huh? ;)

Yeah I do have a tendency to try too hard to be funny sometimes, sorry if I crossed the line, very much appreciate all that you guys do for this site to function as it does.

TebowHater

Quote from: Doug on March 27, 2018, 07:45:36 am
Will get all the links fixed this morning. Thanks for the heads up, Slider. :)

T.H., twitter won't return for a while... it caused a major slowdown. Can't have that happen again. :D

Will dig into search.

You the man, appreciate it.