Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm starting to think CCM has his DC

Started by Captain Hogthrob, December 16, 2017, 03:32:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterChiefHog

How would this board react if we hired UTSA's Def Coord? Bama just did.
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

Bigfoot

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on December 17, 2017, 12:38:23 pm

Thanks to Saban that guy will be considered one of the best assistant coaches in the country soon.

hawgette92

He's not going to be the DC, he's going to be the 10th on field coach in January

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LRHawg

Politics is creeping into MMQB like a sickness. Needs to be sent where it belongs.

#MHGA

texas tush hog

From Tusk Till Dawn

If Saban was our head coach, he could hire whomever he wanted based on his track record.  Our coach is in his first year in the SEC, didnt produce good results on D in his last stop, and has a lot of holes to fill on the current roster.  Needs a solid name hire from a P5 imo.

hawgXi

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 16, 2017, 07:18:01 pm
i do too. and i think isaac stoops getting the preferred walk on offer when his life long best friend is jake venables means something to. If jake doesnt sign with Clemson on wednesday than we'll KNOW it's on and poppin.

now you're talking.

you might be on to something by watching jake.

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: Captain Hogthrob on December 16, 2017, 03:32:27 pm
Looking at the entire picture. The fact that he's going into the early signing period without a sitting defensive staff and there has been virtual  radio silence about it. I know coach has said he's concerned only with recruiting at the moment and on face value that makes perfect sense.  But the statement regarding hiring the best DC in the country? Maybe that was pure hyperbole. Personally,  I think there's a possibility that there's a certain coach already on the hook. Furthermore,  I don't see any coordinator level coach ditching recruiting at his new job in favor of any bowl game other than the playoffs. I have mentioned Bo's interview with Venables and how he made such a big thing out of how important it was that he not cause a distraction because of alleged job offers. Now I know people will say I'm over thinking, or wishful thinking  but the truth is I'm really not wishing at all. I just want a really good DC and I don't even care if he has a big name. I just can't help but feel that there is something more to the story here. Time will tell if I'm right and I'm probably not. I'm curious what you guys make of this, to me very unusual,  situation. I've been around through a few regime changes and this one just feels really different. The only alternate explanation I can come up with is that the 12/20 signing period is just way more important than hiring someone  but I don't see how he would need to choose one over the other. Especially taking into the equation that an entire staff would need to be placed after the DC. Anyone know who makes quality tin foil hats? I made need one.

But in a larger sense we can not dedicate  we can not consecrate we can not hallowthis ground The brave men living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract The world will little note nor long remember what we say here but it can never forget what they did here It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. AMIRIGHT? CCM Got our guy!

bigpigonthehill

The big problem is that anyone that good would probably be considered for a head coaching job. Guys like Veneables are probably waiting till after the bowl games because they are important to their teams and don't want to be distracted. Other guys are out there but probably hard to find and get at this point. Wait till after bowl games!
How the hell did we wind up like this? Why weren't we able to see the signs that we missed? And try to turn the tables. Nothing is wrong, just as long as you know that someday I will. Some day, Some how. Gonna make it alright but not right now. I know you're wondering when.

Captain Hogthrob

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 17, 2017, 08:09:08 pm

But in a larger sense we can not dedicate  we can not consecrate we can not hallowthis ground The brave men living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract The world will little note nor long remember what we say here but it can never forget what they did here It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. AMIRIGHT? CCM Got our guy!

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

MAGA45

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 16, 2017, 09:08:32 pm
Wally Hall uses one sentence per paragraph.

If it is even a full sentence.

Sometimes, just a phrase.

Usually not worth reading.

But, you click and hope.

And regret.

Over and over.

That's our Porkatarian.

FIFY
Fake News

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hogindasticks

December 18, 2017, 05:10:30 pm #63 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 05:33:45 pm by Hogindasticks
Quote from: Bigfoot on December 16, 2017, 04:55:20 pm
Does Saban try to land elite or big name DC's?

I could be wrong but I think neither Smart or Pruitt were DC's before becoming one at Alabama.

I think Arkansas doesn't have to worry about competing with them for a DC.

They don't have to......they have guys coming into their program called "Analysts" that they hire to be a shadow of the coordinators, to learn the system to enable Alabama to keep a consistent flow of OC and DC's on staff.  The "Analysts" can not participate with the players, but they can with the OC and DC while learning the system.  They had a deal on TV about this....Saban said that you can call them what you want, but this is why we hire them.

These guys are all on the Alabama site as Football Analysts.....back up OC and DC....lol

Dean Altobelli   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
Shea Tierney   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
Brendan Farrell   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
Wes Neighbors   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
William Vlachos   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
Garrett Cox   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
Dan Werner   Football Analyst   205-348-3600   
Chris Weinke   Football Analyst   205-348-3600